Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:01   #1
Vultite

Chinese 870!

Lol, did a review on a Chinese 870 clone (Pardner Protector). Turns out, Remington owns this company, and imports their own clone to compete with them...hmmm...anyways, actually a decent shotgun. Parts/accessories seem interchangeable minus the barrel. The barrel does have some differences, for instance I think it's slightly thinner than the 870. Also, shot Centurion 2 x .650 out of it at approx 7 yards, the split wasn't bad (about an inch or less). Check it out, feel free to comment or ask questions...

Last edited by Vultite; 11-15-2012 at 09:02..
Vultite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 13:53   #2
Victoriagotagun

The H&R Pardner pump (Hawk 982) was imported before Remington bought them out.

I would advise that you loctite the sidesaddle carrier to the plate if you haven't done so already.

"Glocks are for criminals" -Nick_45
Victoriagotagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 15:35   #3
Vultite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriagotagun View Post
The H&R Pardner pump (Hawk 982) was imported before Remington bought them out.

I would advise that you loctite the sidesaddle carrier to the plate if you haven't done so already.
Yup, blue loctite on the bolts. No issues with the plate moving or backing off. Yeah, they were bought in 2007.
Vultite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 17:55   #4
TxGun

The Pardner Protector has been on the market for several years now and has been discussed at length on shotgun forums across the web. It seems to have it's share of fans, who see it as a good value.

Last edited by TxGun; 11-15-2012 at 17:57..
TxGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 19:35   #5
mr00jimbo

Here in Canada, where there is no Norinco embargo, lots of guys get the 870 clones, which may have 14, 12.5 or even 8.5 inch barrels. In Canada, we don't have an SBR law, except if it gets TOO short it has to be registered as if it were a pistol, but 8.5 is good to go without being registered. A reason why people like short barrel shotguns here is it's next to impossible to get a permit to take a handgun into the woods (they can only be fired at shooting ranges) but rifles and shotguns can be.

The almighty government of Canada feels it is safer to fire a .300 Win Mag in the bush than it is a 9 millimeter....

Anyways, I don't own any Chinese made guns. I've always felt they were a real compromise compared to the guns they replace. Up here, you can get a 12.5 inch 870 clone with ghost ring sights made in China for around 360 bucks, I believe.
People have told me that they are very well made, using tough steel and are generally reliable. That is what I have been told by people I know who have them, and they seem to be met with good reception.

I cannot trust a gun that is made in China, to be honest. I don't know why, it's a mental block that makes me think it would fail in the worst of all times (say, when a bear decides I look like a tasty snack). I'm sure they're plenty reliable, though.
Old 11-15-2012, 19:51   #6
GlockPride
Glock 23

Thanks for the video, it's well done.

Could you put a language warning on this? My 3.5 yr old is into guns, but he now speaks a new word.

Thanks, bud. Much appreciated!
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:53   #7
Walter Bishop

The main difference between the 870 and the H&R Pardner pump/Hawk is the barrels. The ring is in a difference place so they are not interchangeable.
Walter Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 gauge, chinese, shotgun