CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

From the Left: You donít need handguns

http://www.tnhonline.com/opinion/fro...1#.UKYJyjDD5oY
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:04   #2
JBnTX
None

That ignorant little geek is a victim of the touchy feely, feel good liberalism that has infected this country.

Liberalism rots young minds.

Last edited by JBnTX; 11-16-2012 at 03:30..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:07   #3
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

I don't need a handgun if I'm allowed to carry an RPG.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:30   #4
lunarspeak

before you all turn rabid on this kid...you can exercise your 2nd and he has just as much right to practice his first...(even if he is misguided)
lunarspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:50   #5
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarspeak View Post
before you all turn rabid on this kid...you can exercise your 2nd and he has just as much right to practice his first...(even if he is misguided)
The constitution protects us from the government, not from each other. That little sissy need to have somebody take a blackjack and prove to him that he should have a gun.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:53   #6
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

I don't need a handgun when I can carry a flame thrower.

[Edit: Clutch beat me to this...]

Last edited by DustyJacket; 11-16-2012 at 04:54..
DustyJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:00   #7
Bruce H

The proper response to him is" I don't need a handgun but you should have had one" while beating him unconsious.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:48   #8
walt cowan

poor short bus kid.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:01   #9
kensb2
pistol n00b

It saddens me to see this sort of uninformed drivel coming from someone in my home state, that is probably quite close to me in age. What ever happened to "Live Free or Die"? Did the state drop that as it's motto, or more likely, the younger generations are taking it for granted. They don't think about what that really means.
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:03   #10
JFrame

Quote:
Miles Brady is a junior English major. He is a running enthusiast, a sports fan and very liberal on most issues. He also likes to think that he is very rational.

That moron is the living embodiment of Ronald Reagan's quote, "The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so."

--

Last edited by JFrame; 11-16-2012 at 06:03..
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:20   #11
Hyksos

From the right: Be quiet!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:25   #12
CitizenOfDreams

We don't need guns? Since when does the Constitution says: "to each according to his needs?"
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:38   #13
kensb2
pistol n00b

You know, I got into a discussion the other day with an old HS classmate about the 2nd Amendment. It was all predicated by his post stating he'd just read some right wing blog about how Obama was coming to take ALL of your guns away. During the discussion, he asked me to name one elected official that openly supported banning guns. Diane Feinstein was my reply. He couldn't disagree. He ended up saying that he supported gun ownership for hunters and sportsmen (not the point of the 2A, as I pointed out to him). He also eventually said that it was ok to protect my home/family with a semi-auto handgun as well. He drew the line, basically, at me being able to carry a weapon on me outside of the home to protect myself. He doesn't agree with SYG laws. I also pointed out how Obama doesn't have to go after our guns directly, but he can do so with his SCOTUS nominations (assuming he's going to get a couple). He didn't really have a cognitive arguement against that, except for stating case law (that doesn't really show that certain judges are certainly anti-2A).

It was an interesting conversation to have with someone on the "other side", so to speak. He's an intelligent guy (graduated probably top 25 in HS), has a college degree, and is prior Navy as some background. Although I obviously don't agree with his lack of SYG support, I wish more people on the Liberal/Democratic side could use a bit of his rational when it comes to guns.

Last edited by kensb2; 11-16-2012 at 06:38.. Reason: content
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:10   #14
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post

That moron is the living embodiment of Ronald Reagan's quote, "The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so."

Quote:
Miles Brady is a junior English major. He is a running enthusiast, a sports fan and very liberal on most issues. He also likes to think....
Actually, no he doesn't...

GTDS Certified Member #9

Last edited by whoflungdo; 11-16-2012 at 07:11..
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:11   #15
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensb2 View Post
You know, I got into a discussion the other day with an old HS classmate about the 2nd Amendment.

Your post brought to mind some evolutionary conversations I've had with a lawyer friend of mine. Just to set the baseline -- at the beginning, he was vociferously anti-gun. Once, when he and his family came for a visit, I had his 5-year-old son play with a Nerf-tipped dart gun I had sitting around the house (it had been a gag gift). The boy took to the gun so much, I offered to give it to him. His dad was ADAMANTLY opposed to the thought of his son having ANY gun.

Of course, over the years, we've had conversations on the 2A. He asked me if I thought I would ever "need to use" one of my handguns. I asked him if he ever thought he would "need to use" his auto insurance. He laughed and said, "Okay..."

He talked about the need for "reasonable" gun laws. I apologized in advance for offending him, and said the problem with this country is that there were too many lawyers. I said that lawyers are so conditioned to arguing so many sides of an argument, that they ultimately come to be able to view anything as being "reasonable." After a moment of reflection, he said, "You know -- what you said is interesting. When I went into law school, I was a conservative -- and I came out a liberal."

Well -- here's the status at this point. My friend bought a pair of .243 rifles and got into hunting with his son. The boy has bagged a deer and an elk this year. My friend is still philosophically opposed to handguns, but for a guy who didn't want a NERF handgun in his house at one point, I think we've made some strides...

--
Old 11-16-2012, 07:12   #16
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoflungdo View Post
Actually, no he doesn't...
Agreed...

--
Old 11-16-2012, 07:17   #17
b_oglethorpe

If the constitution told you jump off a bridge.

I always hated that pointless argument. I have jumped off many bridges I could have been arrested so I wish the constitution did say that.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
b_oglethorpe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:28   #18
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick

Typical of a skull full of leftist edjucashun!

For an English major, I think he failed at citing his source of information. I just tried to locate the data he has reference (now albeit just about 15 min search) and not able to locate it. Since it isn't reasonably accessible, He gets a fail.

Now on the topic, he gets another fail....his opinion is just it....his opinion. Evidently he is not as intelligent as he seems to lead people to believe....he really doesn't understand the constitution. Maybe a little bit of history would help him.

Poor boy.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632

R.I.P. Cajunatorģ ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:07   #19
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

CCW has passed in some form in nearly every state for exactly the same reason that marriage equality and now marijuana legalization is starting to. Because those in opposition are making lame arguments that don't hold up just like this kid is. People are realizing that these are all issues that move in the direction of greater personal liberty. If you can't give a really damn good reason why it should be prohibited then eventually it won't be.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:15   #20
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
CCW has passed in some form in nearly every state for exactly the same reason that marriage equality and now marijuana legalization is starting to. Because those in opposition are making lame arguments that don't hold up just like this kid is. People are realizing that these are all issues that move in the direction of greater personal liberty. If you can't give a really damn good reason why it should be prohibited then eventually it won't be.

Right. That's why we have ACA. It's for greater personal liberty...

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26   #21
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
From the Left: You don’t need handguns
until your life is threatened...

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26   #22
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoflungdo View Post
Right. That's why we have ACA. It's for greater personal liberty...
ACA is very different from CCW, marriage equality and drug prohibition. Only one of those things involves a tax burden. Maybe you should start a new thread comparing them all unless you feel like being a thread hijacker today.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29   #23
em2b96p

They dont NEED starbucks , subaru cars, or watching The View either.....but I'm not *****ing about it and imposing my views upon them.
em2b96p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:31   #24
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

I wish he had told me yesterday. Last night I just went out and bought a new Sig Sauer P226R.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:31   #25
Drain You
NRA member

I agree, I don't need a handgun from the left. Not nearly as comfortable or accurate as from the right.
Drain You is offline   Reply With Quote