Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-22-2012, 17:23   #1
igolfat8

Single stack most simialr to Glock?

Which single stack 9mm or .40 has the trigger & action most similar to Glocks. I really enjoy my Glocks and the gun's utter simplicity. I appreciate a pistol that has the lack of levers, latches and safeties to fumble around with. I am looking for a single stack, thin pistol for CCW, but with a trigger and action that is almost identical to Glock's. I also want the slide to lock back on the last shot too.
igolfat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 17:27   #2
barth
six barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by igolfat8 View Post
Which single stack 9mm or .40 has the trigger & action most similar to Glocks. I really enjoy my Glocks and the gun's utter simplicity. I appreciate a pistol that has the lack of levers, latches and safeties to fumble around with. I am looking for a single stack, thin pistol for CCW, but with a trigger and action that is almost identical to Glock's. I also want the slide to lock back on the last shot too.
Take a look at a Walther PPS 9mm.
General Firearms Forum

Last edited by barth; 11-22-2012 at 17:28..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 17:40   #3
RRP

Some folks refer to the Kahr pistol as a "baby Glock".
RRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 17:55   #4
rockapede

Quote:
The Beretta Nano operates a lot like a Glock and conceals very well, but the trigger isn't even remotely similar. The only single stack that feels close to me is the PPS listed above.

-Edward Conlon
rockapede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 18:11   #5
carbuncle
is not cool.

It's the PPS for me as well, mine's a .40.
Old 11-22-2012, 18:17   #6
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRP View Post
I was thinking the same thing, but mine is an all steel MK40

Bet that new Smith Shield should be mentioned here, although I've never seen one yet!

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 18:18   #7
denn1911

My vote goes to the Walther PPS or the S&W Shield (although it has a small manual safety).
denn1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 20:37   #8
Sgt.K
They Just Work!

IMO the only way a G26 and a PM9 can seem to have similar triggers is if the G26 has the NY1 and the minus connector. That's how I set mine up to more closely match the pm9 I carry occasionally. And again JMHO, the only similarities are they are both striker fired and polymer. I would hazard to guess with out any first hand knowledge that an XD may be similar.
Sgt.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 21:05   #9
eddy t

glock like single stack

as far as the trigger the walther pps is very glock like.
very crisp trigger break.
i've got a pm9 as well as the mp shield and imo the shield is also glock like in size and trigger but not as much at the pps, however the shield does have a nice trigger reset.
i think the pm9 has a nice smooth trigger but it's not anywhere near as crisp as the glock.
eddy t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 21:42   #10
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Not available in 9mm or .40 (yet), but the XDS trigger is VERY much like a GLOCK, even operates the same internally (unlike the rest of the XD / XDm series pistols).
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 22:03   #11
JoshuaC

Barring the trigger, my 19 and PM9 are very close cousins. The PM9 feels like a tiny Glock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

JoshuaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 22:43   #12
razorbacker

Love the Walther PPS. Mine is in 9mm.
razorbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 23:55   #13
TMann

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy t View Post
as far as the trigger the walther pps is very glock like.
very crisp trigger break.
I agree with eddy t. The PPS trigger has a similar take-up and rest to the Glock trigger. I got rid of my Kahrs because the trigger felt so different than my Glock triggers (smooth, but LONG pull.)

If you're looking for a "single-stack-Glock", the PPS is the gun you're looking for.

TMann
TMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 00:38   #14
MAC702

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
Not available in 9mm or .40 (yet), but the XDS trigger is VERY much like a GLOCK, even operates the same internally (unlike the rest of the XD / XDm series pistols).
This was going to be my post, almost word for word. I bought one and fall more in love with it every day I carry it.

Now, I'm a 1911 guy, so this is a good second gun that points very much like a 1911. If you are a Glock-guy, it won't be as natural.

Every time I shoot my Glocks, I have to force the muzzle down when I point.

"It doesn't matter how many people I've killed. What matters is how I get along with the people who are still alive." - Jimmy the Tulip
MAC702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 00:54   #15
Beanie-Bean

Sa xd-s

I'd have to say that my Springfield Armory XD-S is about as close to a Glock as I've experienced, especially the trigger.

Now, the POA is still SA, and the grip safety is still SA, but with the larger/rounded backstrap installed, I'd say that this has become my favorite .45ACP to carry. I still carry the G30SF as part of my rotation, but seem to lean more toward the XD-S.

The only other single-stacks I've got aren't even close--they're either 1911s or SIGs.

I also have/carry a Shield 9, but it doesn't feel as Glock-like as the XD-S does...

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:25   #16
Bob Hafler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRP View Post

Actually the Kahr looks and feels more like an XD than it does a glock. The profile is almost identical with it 1911 grip angle. I got tired of waiting for Springfield to come out with a single stack 9mm and the Kahr PM9 was definately the obvious choice. Great pistol. I agree that if your looking for something similiar to Glock ergos and trigger the Walther PPS is what you should be looking at.
I shot my friends PPS 9mm and it is a very fine pistol. It's about the same size as the Shield and slightly bigger than the Kahr PM/CM series of pistols.
Bob Hafler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 16:21   #17
rv4driver

PPS. Mine is 9mm.
rv4driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 16:55   #18
mj9mm

kahr trigger is nothing like a glock, the kahr trigger is a long smooth pull that goes bang without a hint of getting there. the glock has a definate point when you know you are there.
mj9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 21:03   #19
Dawolf

I have PPS and Nano. The PPS has a very Glock-like trigger, but the ergonomics of the Nano feels like a 26 on a diet.
Dawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:54   #20
Bob Hafler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj9mm View Post
kahr trigger is nothing like a glock, the kahr trigger is a long smooth pull that goes bang without a hint of getting there. the glock has a definate point when you know you are there.
+1 The Kahr trigger does take some getting used to, but it's pull is smooth, and it's trigger is wide and comfortable and not hard to master.

Last edited by Bob Hafler; 11-24-2012 at 06:57..
Bob Hafler is offline   Reply With Quote