Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-18-2012, 16:42   #51
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich22 View Post
Appreciate it, I will read that later, I have never heard of the company before. Since I do reload and will cast for the rifle, that is why I am saying it really will not be any more expensive. Wish I could find just very very cheap bulk .224's but I just cannot.
Is 8.3 cents a pill cheap enough for you?
Old 11-18-2012, 21:18   #52
K. Foster

I don’t want to turn this into a CMMG bash but I will also warn you off them. They have had a spotty reputation for quality and CS for some time.
Couple weeks ago, a friend brought me a CMMG upper that wouldn’t extract. The railed gas block had not been installed properly. The barrel wasn’t dimpled and no thread locker had been used. Now, since he bought it used and on a DPMS lower, it may have been a parts gun but it had a CMMG barrel. I have no way of knowing if it came like that from CMMG and I’m not blaming them. But after I got it working, I installed his MBUIS rear sight and sighted it in. I was getting 2 to 3 groups at 50 yards and 5" + at 100 yards. Unacceptable.
This is just the latest of several issues I’ve encountered with their stuff. Not all their stuff is bad. I have another friend who has one of their bargain basement carbines and it’s 100% reliable with good accuracy, good trigger, nice gun. Again, I don’t want this to turn into a CMMG bashing thread. To you guys that have had good luck with their stuff, Great! I’m happy for you.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:25   #53
Rich22

Just got off the phone with Primary Arms, gentlemen said they do not have a complete rifle in 300 BLK and only one upper in 300 Whisper and are totally out of lowers. I have a feeling this is going to be tougher than I expected. Off to call PSA for the heck of it.
Rich22 is offline   Reply With Quote