SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-22-2013, 16:17   #101
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFin View Post
If they think they made a mistake in choosing the GAP they need to LIVE WITH IT and not correct it with taxpayer money!!!!!

Glocks are made to last a long time. Maybe in 30 years they can get new guns!!!!
Relax about the taxpayer's money. Those guns were most likely traded even up for the issue guns they had. Aside from that they will probably swap even up for the Glock 21's. It benefits Glock to have major law enforcement agency utilizing their weapons, you know.

It's a win for Glock, a win for the PASP, and a win for the taxpayers.

Also, and most importantly, the PA troopers will have a gun in which they have confidence to stake their lives on.
Old 09-22-2013, 16:53   #102
PaLEOjd

Quote:
If they think they made a mistake in choosing the GAP they need to LIVE WITH IT and not correct it with taxpayer money!!!!!

Glocks are made to last a long time. Maybe in 30 years they can get new guns!!!!

As a LEO myself, and Pennsylvania resident I am glad to see PSP make the switch. Like stated above, there is no money involved so stop crying about taxpayer money, it will be an even swap.
There was no mistake made, it's a matter of availability and cost of ammunition in the current times. If anything, you should be happy they are making the switch to SAVE your taxpayer money on the cost of ammunition.
More ammo. = more practice time, a good thing for everybody.

You seem really concerned about taxpayer dollars going to waste. Maybe you should complain to the politicians in the Federal Govt. who are throwing all of our money away by giving it to foreign countries by the hundreds of thousands.
Also be sure to complain about giving the money you work for away to someone who is to lazy to get a job and sits at home collecting public assistance for their entire life.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:02   #103
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaLEOjd View Post
You seem really concerned about taxpayer dollars going to waste. Maybe you should complain to the politicians in the Federal Govt. who are throwing all of our money away by giving it to foreign countries by the tens of billions.
Also be sure to complain about giving the money you work for away to someone who is to lazy to get a job and sits at home collecting public assistance for their entire life.
Fixed it for you, and amen!
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:27   #104
PattonT

Word is that they have switched to Gen 4 G 21s, can anyone confirm?
Old 11-29-2013, 07:57   #105
iLift45's

Smart move! There's a reason the SpecOp community is returning to the .45. It works. I love my Gen 4 21! Holds a lot of rounds, accurate, and puts big holes in things.

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in every language. - Clint Smith
iLift45's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:21   #106
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
Blah, blah, blah, who gives a crap what the PA state police are doing
I do. When a member takes the time to post gun experiences, some of us appreciate it. How about you rain in.

sent from my rotary wall phone
ShallNotBeInfringed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:27   #107
dkf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattonT View Post
They are currently in PSP holsters.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:18   #108
jdw174

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattonT View Post
My last issue of The Communicator (PSP Newsletter), the commissioner confirmed the G21 with tactical light attached. Believe the holsters are Safariland, but don't quote me on that part.
jdw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:54   #109
Bruce M

Quote:

As suggested it may not be a costly or taxpayer funded issue. But just to make sure you should probably petition the legislature to make sure they do not spend money in a manner you do not think is appropriate.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:44   #110
jeremiahjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
I do.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
So do I! So there, jerk!

You really should not criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you'll have a mile head start and his shoes too. :rofl:

Last edited by jeremiahjj; 11-29-2013 at 12:45..
jeremiahjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 16:13   #111
kilibreaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by triaxle View Post
Pulled over today for DOT check and when finished got on the subject of Glocks which they have G 37 in the Gap. The officer said they are testing G21 in 45acp right now . and he did not care for the old Beretta 40 cal they had . The officer was courteous .Every thing was good on my spot check.

WHY would they have adopted the .45GAP (one would assume after some degree of testing, though it IS Pennsylvania - isn't that a TV)?
The .45GAP is the BETTER choice for anyone wanting "stock" performance from the .45ACP/GAP "family" (sorry ACP lovers your GAP cousins have indeed come to town and are moving in!)
The GAP is the same frame size as the 9mm/.40/.357Sig family...meaning it fits a lot of hands really well. The GAP fires a round ballistically IDENTICAL to the ACP - slightly more potent actually, which tends to mean "better" to everyone but die-hard 1911 .45ACP worshipers who each and every one carry small "Gris gris" bags around their necks filled with metal shavings from the original JMB prototype, along with a tiny sliver of JMB's pubic hair (ran out of head hair) in order that they be blessed by the Zorastrian Gods of big bluntness!
However...the GAP is THE Glock .45 pistol too carry! Why in Atch-EE-double toothpicks would they want to change it?!?

Sounds spurious.
kilibreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 16:21   #112
pag23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw174 View Post
My last issue of The Communicator (PSP Newsletter), the commissioner confirmed the G21 with tactical light attached. Believe the holsters are Safariland, but don't quote me on that part.
I believe the light is an surefire x300. Good move on the state police to go to the g21.

Hope you are enjoying your retirement in TN.

Last edited by pag23; 11-29-2013 at 16:21..
pag23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 18:33   #113
Henny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw174 View Post
Yes, the holsters are Safarilands and the lights are Surefire X300 Ultras.

It's good to be retired!
Henny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:57   #114
hunter won

The newer Gen 4 G21 is a great choice. The G37 Gen 4 is a pleasure to shoot. Very accurate. The Illinois cop got rid of his G21 for a G17 for a reason!
hunter won is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:18   #115
JBP55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilibreaux View Post
WHY would they have adopted the .45GAP (one would assume after some degree of testing, though it IS Pennsylvania - isn't that a TV)?
The .45GAP is the BETTER choice for anyone wanting "stock" performance from the .45ACP/GAP "family" (sorry ACP lovers your GAP cousins have indeed come to town and are moving in!)
The GAP is the same frame size as the 9mm/.40/.357Sig family...meaning it fits a lot of hands really well. The GAP fires a round ballistically IDENTICAL to the ACP - slightly more potent actually, which tends to mean "better" to everyone but die-hard 1911 .45ACP worshipers who each and every one carry small "Gris gris" bags around their necks filled with metal shavings from the original JMB prototype, along with a tiny sliver of JMB's pubic hair (ran out of head hair) in order that they be blessed by the Zorastrian Gods of big bluntness!
However...the GAP is THE Glock .45 pistol too carry! Why in Atch-EE-double toothpicks would they want to change it?!?

Sounds spurious.

JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:44   #116
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKR View Post
I just checked ammo prices on SGAmmo.com, one of my sources with good prices. I can't do direct comparisons due to differences in the stock for GAP and ACP, but I can't really see any significant differences in the ammo prices. In some cases, you could say the .45 ACP costs more.
Typical GAPper nonsense. Very first place I checked for a direct comparison...
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produc...p-hollow-point

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produc...p-hollow-point

Only a $10 difference, with 45GAP being higher.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:53   #117
glock2740
Gun lover.

Second place I looked for direct comparison, and 45GAP $3 more per box. Not to mention the ammo choices and selections aren't even in the same league.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/sellie...ad-description

http://www.sgammo.com/product/sellie...mo-limit-20-bo
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:07   #118
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
Blah, blah, blah, who gives a crap what the PA state police are doing
What is it with newbs trolling others threads
get a life troll
Dalton Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 13:50   #119
March817

I suppose if I was to ever buy a GAP it would have to be a used G39, preferably with some department markings, assuming G39s were ever issued.
Old 12-19-2013, 14:27   #120
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLift45's View Post
Smart move! There's a reason the SpecOp community is returning to the .45. It works. I love my Gen 4 21! Holds a lot of rounds, accurate, and puts big holes in things.

http://www.policeone.com/patrol-issu...mo-on-the-job/
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote