GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 22:34   #1
Deputydave
Senior Member
 
Deputydave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Posts: 2,654
550 paracord wrapped sheath

Survival/Preparedness Forum

I thought I'd get creative tonight, so I wrapped my Mora knife sheath with 550 cord. Figured this would give me some extra cordage and also protect the plastic sheath Mora's usually come in. Though I'd share a pic.

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Deputydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 22:39   #2
4Baldy
Senior Member
 
4Baldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 232
Bad Link, No Picture...
__________________
The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."
Thanks to the
Prager Zeitungon:

4Baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:56   #3
Deputydave
Senior Member
 
Deputydave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Posts: 2,654
Odd. I can see the pic, and others have (I've received pm's about it).

Hmmm, well here is a link to the pic on my board if some can't see it here;

550 wrapped sheath

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Deputydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:06   #4
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 36,400
That's pretty good work - is there a place online where you can learn the wrapping pattern, like you can with some other 550 cord projects?
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet, where you could pretend to be anything you want; so how come so many people on this forum pretend to be limpwristed sissies?
- Me, 2014.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:21   #5
bdcochran
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,647
I couldn't see it yesterday or today. I went to DeputyDave's blog.
bdcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:25   #6
Deputydave
Senior Member
 
Deputydave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
That's pretty good work - is there a place online where you can learn the wrapping pattern, like you can with some other 550 cord projects?
Yes sir,

[images=]
[/images]

Take a look at the channel as well. He's got tons of ways for wrapping. I'm not a crafts-guy, but this was fun.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Deputydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:56   #7
Kentguy
Senior Member
 
Kentguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kent, OH
Posts: 1,033
Deputydave,

That is a GREAT IDEA! Several months ago I purchased a "Mora" knife and combining a para-cord with it is something I never thought of.

Thanks for posting the "How To" video as well.

__________________
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"
óRudyard Kipling

Last edited by Kentguy; 11-21-2012 at 09:57..
Kentguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:50   #8
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 36,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputydave View Post
Yes sir,

[images=]How to Tie a Single-Strand Ringbolt Hitch by TIAT - YouTube[/images]

Take a look at the channel as well. He's got tons of ways for wrapping. I'm not a crafts-guy, but this was fun.
The pic of the sheath with the Orange paracord looks a lot different than the single-strand in the video. How do you do the one around the sheath?
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet, where you could pretend to be anything you want; so how come so many people on this forum pretend to be limpwristed sissies?
- Me, 2014.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 14:21   #9
mac66
Plant the seed
 
mac66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Save America
Posts: 7,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputydave View Post
Odd. I can see the pic, and others have (I've received pm's about it).

Hmmm, well here is a link to the pic on my board if some can't see it here;

550 wrapped sheath

Wait...are you trying to tell me you didn't steal my idea from about 5 years ago?

Survival/Preparedness Forum

By the way, the red painted one now has red paracord around it. The green one is now painted orange and has orange cord around it. I did that so I could see them when I set them down. I used one for field dressing a deer in the dark about 5 years ago, set it down in the leaves and lost it for a couple months. Went back with a metal detector and found it but decided to paint it so I could find it easier if dropped or set down. Added the wrist loops so I wouldn't set it down while using it.
__________________
Every American a Rifleman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by mac66; 11-21-2012 at 14:28..
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 16:44   #10
Deputydave
Senior Member
 
Deputydave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentguy View Post
Deputydave,

That is a GREAT IDEA! Several months ago I purchased a "Mora" knife and combining a para-cord with it is something I never thought of.

Thanks for posting the "How To" video as well.

Thank you and your welcome
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Deputydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 16:49   #11
Deputydave
Senior Member
 
Deputydave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
The pic of the sheath with the Orange paracord looks a lot different than the single-strand in the video. How do you do the one around the sheath?
I'm not sure about the orange one, found that doing an online search. Take a look at that YT channel, there are hundreds of videos that guy has put up on wrapping cord. The video I posted above is the one I choose for my sheath, using the sheath instead of the pole in the video.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Deputydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 16:51   #12
Deputydave
Senior Member
 
Deputydave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac66 View Post
Wait...are you trying to tell me you didn't steal my idea from about 5 years ago?

Survival/Preparedness Forum

By the way, the red painted one now has red paracord around it. The green one is now painted orange and has orange cord around it. I did that so I could see them when I set them down. I used one for field dressing a deer in the dark about 5 years ago, set it down in the leaves and lost it for a couple months. Went back with a metal detector and found it but decided to paint it so I could find it easier if dropped or set down. Added the wrist loops so I wouldn't set it down while using it.
I'm glad I found it (by accident) while surfing the net. I've made three paracord bracelets this morning using another video on that guys channel. Uses a Solomn's Porch weave....whatever that is
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Deputydave is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:11.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 527
111 Members
416 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31