SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-20-2012, 22:34   #1
Deputydave

550 paracord wrapped sheath

Survival/Preparedness Forum

I thought I'd get creative tonight, so I wrapped my Mora knife sheath with 550 cord. Figured this would give me some extra cordage and also protect the plastic sheath Mora's usually come in. Though I'd share a pic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Deputydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 22:39   #2
4Baldy

Bad Link, No Picture...

4Baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:56   #3
Deputydave

Odd. I can see the pic, and others have (I've received pm's about it).

Hmmm, well here is a link to the pic on my board if some can't see it here;

550 wrapped sheath

Old 11-21-2012, 07:06   #4
Bren
NRA Life Member

That's pretty good work - is there a place online where you can learn the wrapping pattern, like you can with some other 550 cord projects?
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:21   #5
bdcochran

I couldn't see it yesterday or today. I went to DeputyDave's blog.
bdcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:25   #6
Deputydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
That's pretty good work - is there a place online where you can learn the wrapping pattern, like you can with some other 550 cord projects?
Yes sir,

[images=]
[/images]

Take a look at the channel as well. He's got tons of ways for wrapping. I'm not a crafts-guy, but this was fun.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:56   #7
Kentguy

Deputydave,

That is a GREAT IDEA! Several months ago I purchased a "Mora" knife and combining a para-cord with it is something I never thought of.

Thanks for posting the "How To" video as well.

Last edited by Kentguy; 11-21-2012 at 09:57..
Kentguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:50   #8
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputydave View Post
Yes sir,

[images=]How to Tie a Single-Strand Ringbolt Hitch by TIAT - YouTube[/images]

Take a look at the channel as well. He's got tons of ways for wrapping. I'm not a crafts-guy, but this was fun.
The pic of the sheath with the Orange paracord looks a lot different than the single-strand in the video. How do you do the one around the sheath?
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 14:21   #9
mac66
Plant the seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputydave View Post
Odd. I can see the pic, and others have (I've received pm's about it).

Hmmm, well here is a link to the pic on my board if some can't see it here;

550 wrapped sheath

Wait...are you trying to tell me you didn't steal my idea from about 5 years ago?

By the way, the red painted one now has red paracord around it. The green one is now painted orange and has orange cord around it. I did that so I could see them when I set them down. I used one for field dressing a deer in the dark about 5 years ago, set it down in the leaves and lost it for a couple months. Went back with a metal detector and found it but decided to paint it so I could find it easier if dropped or set down. Added the wrist loops so I wouldn't set it down while using it.

Last edited by mac66; 11-21-2012 at 14:28..
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 16:44   #10
Deputydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentguy View Post
Deputydave,

That is a GREAT IDEA! Several months ago I purchased a "Mora" knife and combining a para-cord with it is something I never thought of.

Thanks for posting the "How To" video as well.

Thank you and your welcome

Old 11-21-2012, 16:49   #11
Deputydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
The pic of the sheath with the Orange paracord looks a lot different than the single-strand in the video. How do you do the one around the sheath?
I'm not sure about the orange one, found that doing an online search. Take a look at that YT channel, there are hundreds of videos that guy has put up on wrapping cord. The video I posted above is the one I choose for my sheath, using the sheath instead of the pole in the video.

Old 11-21-2012, 16:51   #12
Deputydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac66 View Post
Wait...are you trying to tell me you didn't steal my idea from about 5 years ago?

By the way, the red painted one now has red paracord around it. The green one is now painted orange and has orange cord around it. I did that so I could see them when I set them down. I used one for field dressing a deer in the dark about 5 years ago, set it down in the leaves and lost it for a couple months. Went back with a metal detector and found it but decided to paint it so I could find it easier if dropped or set down. Added the wrist loops so I wouldn't set it down while using it.
I'm glad I found it (by accident) while surfing the net. I've made three paracord bracelets this morning using another video on that guys channel. Uses a Solomn's Porch weave....whatever that is