GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 16:44   #51
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deployment Solu View Post
A "Racist" is someone who is winning an argument with a LIBERAL!!!!
Agreed. I used to live in an extremely liberal town filled with illegals, and I was called a racist on more than one occasion because I think illegals need to be sent packing. Their most common line of thought was "I'm an illegal alien, but I'm not doing anything wrong, you have no right to kick me out." "Hmm, lets see, and what does ILLEGAL mean?!?!?!"
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 16:46   #52
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 12,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
If one is a minority, they can be a racist against their own "kind". That's happened to me.
A minority can be racist against anyone and face no repercussions. I have run into this many times. Be a white kid living in a mostly black neighborhood in the south. It hurt at times. I couldn't even use the local laundromat.
__________________
If it can't get you in trouble, it's not an adventure.
Batesmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 16:49   #53
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
For the record I hate everybody- except the people I know.
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 16:49   #54
Hef
Stop Obammunism
 
Hef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Posts: 4,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppicasso View Post
I once not long ago pulled over a guy at night for driving without tail lights. As I approached the driver's door it opened. After a moment of tense conversation, I asked the guy why he didn't just open the window. He told me it was because he had just gotten the windows tinted. He then asked me why I stopped him. I told him it was because he had no tail lights. He called B.S. and said it was because he was black and I had nothing better to do than stop black people in white neighborhoods. I pointed out the neighborhood (spanish/haitian) and told him he was Haitian (he had recently immigrated from Haiti) and he didn't count as black and his windows were tinted illegally. Yes I later got in a little trouble for saying that. He said almost nothing after that, got his ticket annnnnnd later complained on me.

This brings me to my point, I see the label of rasist being brought against people for the rasist's benefit. In this case, a person of color that has been in this country for less than 3 months is using a term that for him has no meaning in his country. He was using it in an attempt to benefit from it.

I'm far from being a rasist, but I am prejudiced to the point that I pre-judge sometimes based on appearance for my safety.

If I were rasist then my American/vietnamese wife would have an issue with it. Especially since she is (black) American/Vietnamese, and gorgeous!
I remember this one girl, half black/half Thai. She was FINE. Mmmmmmm.
__________________
Molon labe
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 16:51   #55
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
A minority can be racist against anyone and face no repercussions. I have run into this many times. Be a white kid living in a mostly black neighborhood in the south. It hurt at times. I couldn't even use the local laundromat.
I was the white kid in the mexican school, definitely not an experience I wish upon anyone.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 17:27   #56
frizz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by badge315 View Post
Black people who want to piss and moan about slavery and discrimination can kiss the whitest part of my ass. Unlike my people, they were never systematically rounded up for extermination. If they want to call me a racist fine...like I give a crap what a bunch of anti-Semites think.
I have read news stories about black leaders spouting anti-Semitic BS openly and in public. In one particular incident, a black minister was addressing a crowd at a rally, and he attacked Jews for their "historical crimes" against blacks. The part of his babbling that got my attention was his description of Jews: "...them greedy ole hooknose Jews...".

Who here has heard of that? If a white or Jewish person said something like this about blacks, look for a burning at the stake.

Anyone remember Jesse Jackson and his "New York City is Hymietown" comment?
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 17:34   #57
chewybaca67
Senior Member
 
chewybaca67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 5,245
Send a message via AIM to chewybaca67 Send a message via Yahoo to chewybaca67
Taken to the extreme? In America?

Best definition of racism I know of, is that it can only be defined from EXPERIENCE. Not from political opinion or any other form of absolutism. With that in mind, as a Navajo, I can't define what is racist for a Black person and.....yes....even White person. Empathy, mutual respect to understand and/or hate each is much more doable within this definition. Many of the short-cutt-to-thinking/absolutist-mindset do not understand that balance is often right there in front of us in the form of contradiction. But that requires thinking and being wrong from time to time.
__________________
"Come out and fight!................It is a good day to die."
Chief Dan George

Last edited by chewybaca67; 11-13-2012 at 17:35..
chewybaca67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 17:45   #58
JBUS
I'mHellaJelly!
 
JBUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
If one is a minority, they can be a racist against their own "kind". That's happened to me.

What's the deal "88" or "14/88" or a variation at the end of a screen name? Does that have anything to do with racism?
"88"

HH. Heil Hitler

"14/88"

14 words by David Lane

"88" is for David Lane's 88 precepts or 88 word statement in "Mein Kampf"

Learned about this while going through several gang classes.

**I had to look up the meaning of "88". I knew it was for HH but couldn't remember what else it was for.

Last edited by JBUS; 11-13-2012 at 19:30..
JBUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 17:53   #59
Atomic Punk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,535
i got called a racist quite often when i used to work as a security guard. funny thing, it was always the people either actively stealing things, or people i had caught before stealing that accused me of that.
Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 19:32   #60
CaptCave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 1,279
If you're being called a racist, then ask Charlie Sheen would say, you're

WINNING
CaptCave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 19:49   #61
*ASH*
Senior Member
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 22,102
everyone is a racist . period

in some form or fashion and if they say no they are lying .
*ASH* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 19:58   #62
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBUS View Post
"88"

HH. Heil Hitler

"14/88"

14 words by David Lane

"88" is for David Lane's 88 precepts or 88 word statement in "Mein Kampf"

Learned about this while going through several gang classes.

**I had to look up the meaning of "88". I knew it was for HH but couldn't remember what else it was for.
Thanks.
It's interesting that some choose to have that as part of a screen name.
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.

Last edited by 427; 11-13-2012 at 19:59..
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 20:01   #63
stevelyn
NRA Life Member
 
stevelyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fairbanksan in Aleutian Hell
Posts: 8,246
"Racism" is an overused word that has lost its value and meaning, but it's all they got.
__________________
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 20:03   #64
JAS104
NRA Life Member
 
JAS104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 2,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
yes i was told i was racist because i thought the federal government should be shrunk.
+1
__________________
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Ronald Reagan
JAS104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 20:46   #65
jp3975
Senior Member
 
jp3975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texarkana, Tx
Posts: 6,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by arclight610 View Post
I'm a "minority," so it's harder to use the racist card on me.
Yep. You're obviously an uncle tom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badge315 View Post
Black people who want to piss and moan about slavery and discrimination can kiss the whitest part of my ass. Unlike my people, they were never systematically rounded up for extermination. If they want to call me a racist fine...like I give a crap what a bunch of anti-Semites think.
Dont you mean the darkest part? Its racist if you ask them to kiss the white part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
everyone is a racist . period

in some form or fashion and if they say no they are lying .
I disagree. Why do you think EVERYONE is racist? That doesnt make sense to me. Was Gandhi racist? Jesus?

I dont consider myself racist by any means.

Perhaps you are defining racism in an unconventional way? Personally I have friends that are several races, and dont really consider race in anything that I do with them or others.

Racism generally speaking is when someone discriminates against another race. They think they are inferior at the least and hate them at the most.

You think everyone is like that?

...


As for me...I post on political forums on facebook. Several of them. Most majority liberal. Cant count the number of times ive been called racist when there was 0 call for it.

And dont try to explain that your best man/friend is black or that your ex was Mexican. Then you get "Oh...you have a black friend...lol, how racist"

Its racist to explain that you arent racist and provide evidence of it.

Another example...when i was a teenager i worked at kfc. A black guy there didnt much like me and eventually called me racist because of the "HK" sticker on the back windshield of my truck. He associated HK with KKK somehow.

We got along pretty well after I brought an HK book to work and i was even given the nick name "J.P.I.M.P" [My name is JP or John Paul]

On yet another occasion I was at a stereo shop and asked to listen to one of my CDs on some speakers. Metalica. The black worker got pissed because Metalica where "Clansmen." I assured him they werent and told him their old bass player was Mexican.

Last edited by jp3975; 11-13-2012 at 20:47..
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 00:23   #66
JLB768
Silver Membership
Old & Grumpy
 
JLB768's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,335
I'm an equal opportunity hater, just like Harry Callahan.

Gonzales: Why do they call ya "Dirty Harry"?

De Georgio: That's one thing about our Harry, he doesn't play any favorites. Harry hates everybody. L*meys, M*cks, H*bs, N****s, H**kies, C**nks, you name it.

Gonzales: How does he feel about Mexicans?

De Georgio: Ask him.

Callahan:(says with a wink) Especially S**cs.
__________________
Guns only have two enemies...Rust, and Democratic Politicians.
Black Rifle Club Member #768

Last edited by JLB768; 11-14-2012 at 00:24..
JLB768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 00:33   #67
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,582
im a white cop in a town that is 60% projects and section 8 housing so you can imagine what im called, but hey what can you expect from "those people" LOL!
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 00:35   #68
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
but hey what can you expect from "those people"
Stubs from welfare checks?
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 00:40   #69
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Stubs from welfare checks?
i was trying to be funny, no tonque in cheek smilie available..
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:26   #70
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 8,849
I was called a racist on GT because I criticized my own race while in the process of speaking out against racism!

Go figure that one out!

__________________
Diesel pickup, lift kit, 10mm, loud exhaust, big dog.... You didn't get enough attention as kid did you?
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:05   #71
badge315
Senior Member
 
badge315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Middleburg, FL
Posts: 3,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
im a white cop in a town that is 60% projects and section 8 housing so you can imagine what im called, but hey what can you expect from "those people" LOL!
What do you mean, "those people"?
__________________
"I am the sum of all evil...yet many still seek me out; a green jewel they must possess. But see how I destroy their lives."

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:19   #72
TalkToTheGlock
Zombie Hunter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,213
It's become a compliment because I know I am getting the best of an argument.
TalkToTheGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:50   #73
2-8 Marine
Limp Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
So it's the human race you hate then..
Sometimes I can easily relate to this.
Personally, I don't hate the human race . . . but many times of late I've been ashamed to be part of it.
__________________
I don't believe in intuition but I have a strange feeling someday I will.

There are three types of people in the world; those that can count and those that can't.
2-8 Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:55   #74
HexHead
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post

And today a dirt bag immigration lawyer called me one because I didn't find his client a condo. The guy is a Chinese national who may not be in the US legally. I think his visa expired.

He refused to sigh an agency agreement so he is not legally my client. He wants to pay cash but refuses to get a Proof of Funds letter from his bank. And he refuses to sign a FIRPTA disclosure that is required by all foreign nationals buying or selling property.
You should file a Suspicious Activity Report on him. Sounds like he's trying to launder money.

Last edited by HexHead; 11-14-2012 at 09:56..
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 15:10   #75
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 12,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexHead View Post
You should file a Suspicious Activity Report on him. Sounds like he's trying to launder money.
No. Rich chinese kid. Common for them to want a No Paperwork (private) sale. FIRPTA, Foreign Investor Real Property Tax Act ended that. Thinks owning property will help him get another visa.
__________________
If it can't get you in trouble, it's not an adventure.
Batesmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:06.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,199
351 Members
848 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42