Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 20:10   #61
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Folks who claim to be, when they're not
I think im special, but i find out everyday im not. but i can still think it cant i?

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
Old 11-13-2012, 20:26   #62
BMG22

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Cop Talk

Randy

I'll take your prior, and raise you the Odyssey...

Cop Talk

Have the G17, G22 (x2), G23, G27, G35.....want the G24 (do I need to mention the G25 and G28?)
Autobots! Transform and roll out!
Old 11-13-2012, 20:29   #63
blueiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
You will typically only find an ORI on a finger print card or an NCIC.

They are on my State's accident form, the State arrest disposition form, our booking forms, and the like. Pretty common for us, though I can barely recall the Fed one I used to know.

The more an agency is automated, I would suspect that it would be needed less. Feds use it less than State or locals do.
Old 11-13-2012, 20:34   #64
CLoft239
I Like Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
They are on my State's accident form, the State arrest disposition form, our booking forms, and the like. Pretty common for us, though I can barely recall the Fed one I used to know.

The more an agency is automated, I would suspect that it would be needed less. Feds use it less than State or locals do.
Same here, including each individual citation in our citation books.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".
Old 11-13-2012, 20:44   #65
isp2605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
You will typically only find an ORI on a finger print card or an NCIC.
If you think ORIs are top secret and that the only place a person can get an ORI is from a fingerprint card or NCIC then you're pretty naive and/or inexperienced. Think again. Do the web search for "ORI" and "law enforcement". You find agency webpages where they list their ORI. You'll find informational websites where ORIs are listed. But the listing is open to anyone with a computer at the National Archives of Criminal Justice Data. Any kid with a computer can come up with an ORI and the agency name.
Do you want to pass yourself off as a LEO from PA and someone asks for your ORI to verify you're legit? What PA dept do you want to be from? Pick any of them.
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/...Is/PAoris.html
Don't know anything about PA but want to look lke you're from KS?
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/...Is/KSoris.html
Or you claim you're a LEO from TX and you can prove it because you know your dept's ORI?
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/...Is/TXoris.html

Any other town, county, state, or agency you want to use an ORI as "proof" you're legit? They're all listed here.
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/...STATESoris.jsp

Police-L has been around since 1994 or a bit earlier. LEO verification is required and the list owner contacts the person's agency to verify employment before access is granted. Even with that a phony was recently outted. He had written articles for various LEO type publications and pulled the scam on a number of agencies. Wrote articles for NLEOMF. He had passed himself of as a LEO from Dearborn MI and Inkster MI. Got caught in FL passing himself off as a LEO wearing the MI uniform and people started investigating. Total phony that fooled a lot of people but he eventually got caught.
http://blog.simplejustice.us/2009/05...ill-shoot.aspx
A phony wearing a uniform and badge that he made himself.
He tried scamming a fundraiser:
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...1/jamesdonahue
Here's what he looks like without his phony police uniform but wearing jail clothing.
http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/J...nahue_5416686/

Last edited by isp2605; 11-13-2012 at 21:13..
Old 11-13-2012, 20:45   #66
beatcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
ar15.com has a vetted LEO forum now. Really cuts down on all the BS.
I wasn't impressed...honestly, the majority of the place looks like turd central. I've come to the conclusion it's not worth it, too many idiots.
Old 11-13-2012, 21:19   #67
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
Awww, we wuz just creating joinder with those dip....err....shi......errr........mouthbreathers!

Ya know, maybe there should be something like Rush does on Fridays, "Open Topic Friday on Cop Talk", say from 0900 to 2100. Invite all the GNGers in to talk about their favorite LE topics, and, as long as they stay within perhaps a more liberal interpretation of GT Rules, there would be a free exchange of ideas.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 11-13-2012, 21:24   #68
Sgt127

Quote:
Or you claim you're a LEO from TX and you can prove it because you know your dept's ORI?
I was pretty sure I knew what ours was, we used to have to put it on the family violence sheets, maybe we still do, but, its been years since I filled one out. But, seeing the number, it looks familiar.
Old 11-13-2012, 21:27   #69
ClydeG19

Wow, I'm surprised ORI's aren't kept quite as confidential as I thought. I just searched and found an excel spreadsheet with all of them for AZ. The few I know off the top of my head are correct. Still, most of the time, people won't know wtf an ori is.

Is this the same guy that claimed to be an MMA fighter about a year back? I searched, but it looks like the GT database got dumped at some point. He's got one post about how he trains with some photoshopped looking pics of "himself" in one thread. He also identifies himself as a leo back in March in a thread about the most overpaid professions.

Last edited by ClydeG19; 11-13-2012 at 21:43..
Old 11-13-2012, 21:32   #70
isp2605

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeG19 View Post
Wow, I'm surprised ORI's aren't kept quite as confidential as I thought. I just searched and found an excel spreadsheet with all of them for AZ. The few I know off the top of my head are correct. Still, most of the time, people won't know wtf an ori is.
They've been freely available on the internet to anyone who can do a simple websearch. The National Archive of Criminal Justice Data (National Institute of Justice) has had the list on the internet for years.
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/...STATESoris.jsp
Old 11-13-2012, 21:44   #71
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Ya know, maybe there should be something like Rush does on Fridays, "Open Topic Friday on Cop Talk", say from 0900 to 2100. Invite all the GNGers in to talk about their favorite LE topics, and, as long as they stay within perhaps a more liberal interpretation of GT Rules, there would be a free exchange of ideas.

Yeah cuz were so open minded and all.

Old 11-13-2012, 21:59   #72
blueiron

Quote:

Can I go to the women's forum and post misogynistic rants?

Last edited by blueiron; 11-13-2012 at 21:59..
Old 11-13-2012, 22:06   #73
blueiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2605 View Post
They've been freely available on the internet to anyone who can do a simple websearch.
I have unilaterally decided that all Fed, State, County, and local LE retirees should use the Canal Zone ORI as proof of affiliation.

Like the Canal Zone, we too no longer exist.
Old 11-13-2012, 22:10   #74
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeG19 View Post

Is this the same guy that claimed to be an MMA fighter about a year back? I searched, but it looks like the GT database got dumped at some point. He's got one post about how he trains with some photoshopped looking pics of "himself" in one thread. He also identifies himself as a leo back in March in a thread about the most overpaid professions.
Yes, thats him. Its sad. He seemed like a nice enough guy.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-13-2012, 22:40   #75
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:

And...... there goes the neighborhood...

Randy
Old 11-13-2012, 22:46   #76
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
And...... there goes the neighborhood...

Randy
How much worse can it get after you showed up?

Last edited by Dragoon44; 11-13-2012 at 22:46..
Old 11-13-2012, 22:49   #77
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Popcorn popped . . . . just waiting for the screen name.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Old 11-13-2012, 23:11   #78
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Cop Talk
Old 11-13-2012, 23:17   #79
Al Czervik
My arm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
road officers.

they are a road officer.

it is not at all uncommon in rural areas in the South for Deputy Jailers to also get some road time

Just following these epically linked threads. And, BTW, someone had to mention "road officers."
Old 11-14-2012, 00:09   #80
collim1
Shower Time!

Our ORI is on the defendant copy of every citation we issue. Its also at the top of the page of every offense report, traffic crash report, and arrest report. All public information.

Our ORI used to the security code to get into the jail. Never thought that was real safe, and they changed it several years back.

Closed Thread