Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 23:44   #581
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Here it is again:

I'd say assaults are pretty damn irrelevant...the entire list was based on fatalities. Assaults are not fatalities.

But, go ahead and spin it any way you want. In the end, LEO was not on the list. Sorry to disappoint you, I know you like to glorify what you do at every opportunity.

Maybe you should crunch numbers and make your own list since you're a what, mathematician? Speaking of which, why would somebody with your supposed level of education be working as a LEO to begin with?
You can "say" whatever you want now but what you said is:

Quote:
I find it mind-boggling you refuse to accept the list is based on fatal work injuries, which LE is not among the top. This has been known for...well, quite a long time now, and not even debatable.
Which is wrong. I proved it, you either refuse to accept that or are unable to understand.

It would seem your LACK of education is the problem, not my education.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Old 11-17-2012, 23:44   #582
RussP

Quote:
My opinion, on the internet or not, is not indicative of how I perform on the job...any job. I would say the same for everyone else...hell, some here I wonder how they even hold a job. I'd assume they keep work at work, and home at home...that's how I do it.
You wonder how those here hold a job? Easy, they are cops. For them, it isn't a job. It is a calling. It is a passion. Most grew up knowing it was what they would do. Others here, it came a little later. Still, it came as a calling.

You said you entered LE because you were good at it. How'd you do that? Know did you know you were good at it before doing the job?

You say you are different when you are off the internet. Guess what? The cops you are pissing on, they are exactly the same offline as on, sometimes nicer, sometimes not.

Cop Talk, the regulars, they are very real. Most know each other. We've shared problems, supported each other, corrected each other, argued, but, when the SHTF, we know our backs are covered. I say we. I'm not LE. My son is a Deputy in CA, so I am a LE parent. But here, I count myself fortunate to have earned the trust of these men and women who are cops.

To not acknowledge the dangers of your profession is dangerous for all around you.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 11-17-2012 at 23:47..
Old 11-17-2012, 23:45   #583
JAY-TX
Da Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Hey Jay, welcome to the thread. You are another turd who will lie to shore up your position. I find it ironic that you are so willing to lie, or at least prove you dont know what you are talking about or pay very close attention while accusing other people of not being very smart.

Until people like you learn to get your provable facts straight, is it any wonder few take your opinions very seriously.

Case in point, I challenge you (I will give a 1000 dollars to glock talk) if you can find anywhere, ever, that I said I was a doctor of any kind.

You wont, because I never did. My wife is quite the renowned surgeon....and that you will find. But people like you cant be bothered with facts when you want to bolster your opinion.

You are also a person without honor.
Thread What is your "Best money I ever spent!" story? - Glock Talk ...
boardreader.com/.../What_is_your_Best_money_I_ever_spent_sto_...
11 posts - 7 authors - Sep 21, 2010
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbi See, if you would have learned math ... to me, you are a Tech and I have a PhD....you did explain it to me.

Rabbi- Facts will kill you every time Rabbi. You can lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, but you have told a number of people on here that you have a Phd. I never used the word doctor. Just in case your next move was to nit pick words.

You are a man with the lowest honor of all. Someone who pretends to be what they are not.

In your case intelligent.

I got kicked out of the cub scouts for eating a brownie.
Old 11-17-2012, 23:49   #584
JAY-TX
Da Pimp

Keep your money Rabbi. I'm sure you need it much more than I.

Old 11-17-2012, 23:51   #585
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY-TX View Post
Thread What is your "Best money I ever spent!" story? - Glock Talk ...
boardreader.com/.../What_is_your_Best_money_I_ever_spent_sto_...
11 posts - 7 authors - Sep 21, 2010
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbi See, if you would have learned math ... to me, you are a Tech and I have a PhD....you did explain it to me.

Rabbi- Facts will kill you every time Rabbi. You can lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, but you have told a number of people on here that you have a Phd. I never used the word doctor. Just in case your next move was to nit pick words.

You are a man with the lowest honor of all. Someone who pretends to be what they are not.

In your case intelligent.
I have NEVER told anyone I have a PhD.

Nor did I do so there (put up the full link and even someone like you could see the facetiousness of my statement there. )

Why not find a thread where I list my degrees, such as one of the Glock Talk threads on "what are your degrees?".

BTW, are you calling me out, now, saying I am not a cop? Yes or no. There is nothing else to that question.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

Old 11-17-2012, 23:54   #586
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
I might..couldn't do it right now anyway, duty belt is in bedroom and daughter is asleep in there.

ETA- Anyway, here's the only other work-related pic I have on the phone. Last week was hot and wet, this week it's cold and dry, and next week it'll be cold and wet.
Cop Talk
Old 11-17-2012, 23:56   #587
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
I'd say assaults are pretty damn irrelevant...the entire list was based on fatalities. Assaults are not fatalities
What part of what Rabbi responded to was not about fatalities but rather a claim that LE was not dangerous can you just not fathom?

Seriously you claim to be a veteran LEO and can't read and understand what the dispute was actually about? Even after it is pointed out to you more than a few times?

Quote:
But, go ahead and spin it any way you want. In the end, LEO was not on the list. Sorry to disappoint you, I know you like to glorify what you do at every opportunity.
You have reached a new low, insinuating that anyone here is disappointed that Cops did not make the list of most fatalities per 100K.

Quote:
I'd say death is about as dangerous as it gets for me. And I don't know what you guys did before LE, but when I was doing manual labor I got injured about 100% more than LE.
So you think that if you by your own ability to react effectively and prevent your own injury or murder by another. then you were never really in danger.

Seriously???
Old 11-18-2012, 00:00   #588
Hoser423

Have I already had this day ???
Attached Thumbnails
Cop Talk - Click for larger version  

Last edited by Hoser423; 11-18-2012 at 08:40..
Old 11-18-2012, 00:01   #589
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Which is wrong. I proved it, you either refuse to accept that or are unable to understand.

It would seem your LACK of education is the problem, not my education.
You didn't prove a damn thing, to me or anybody else in that thread, and several called you on it. You claim to be smart, yet all you do to "prove" it is tell everybody else they're wrong. That's not "smart" works, that's called arrogant.

Again, LE is not among the top on fatal work injuries, and that's fact just as the list says. Call and tell them how smart you are, not us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You said you entered LE because you were good at it. How'd you do that? Know did you know you were good at it before doing the job?
Because the reason most people can't handle LE is the stress. I had to work corrections for almost 2 years before moving up, and if you can handle inmates, the road is gravy.

Quote:
You say you are different when you are off the internet. Guess what? The cops you are pissing on, they are exactly the same offline as on, sometimes nicer, sometimes not
That's pretty funny, considering a couple here don't act the same over at officer.com as they do on GT. I think you've been hoodwinked by a few here.

Quote:
To not acknowledge the dangers of your profession is dangerous for all around you.
I never said LE wasn't dangerous, but I'm not stupid enough to compare my job to the dangers of some Alaskan fishing boat on the water at 2am.
Old 11-18-2012, 00:04   #590
JAY-TX
Da Pimp

Quote:
I have NEVER told anyone I have a PhD.

Nor did I do so there (put up the full link and even someone like you could see the facetiousness of my statement there. )

Why not find a thread where I list my degrees, such as one of the Glock Talk threads on "what are your degrees?".

BTW, are you calling me out, now, saying I am not a cop? Yes or no. There is nothing else to that question.
I'm not trying to call you out Rabbi.

I'm trying very politely to call you an idiot.

Intelligent people do not work that way! Good night!

Last edited by JAY-TX; 11-18-2012 at 00:08..
Old 11-18-2012, 00:07   #591
Hoser423

Click image for larger version

Name:	groundhog-day.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	229131Haven't I already had this day ???

Last edited by Hoser423; 11-18-2012 at 00:09..
Old 11-18-2012, 00:07   #592
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY-TX View Post
I'm not trying to call you out Rabbi.

I'm trying very politely to call you an idiot.

Intelligent people do not work that way! Good night sir!
Prove where I have said something false.

In thousands of posts, outside of things I say are an opinion or obviously are, you will have a very hard time doing so.

Now, you not being able to stand me, so be it...but that isnt the same thing as the facts I post.

Have a great night sleep.

Old 11-18-2012, 00:08   #593
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
What's to put out there? We've seen YOUR (supposed) face. We've seen YOUR (supposed) duty belt. Just put them together in the same picture.
I thought I already did that for him...

Sent from my Sprint Milky Way Galaxy S...
Remember every day that you don't train or workout, a bad guy does.
Formerly gollbladder13
Old 11-18-2012, 00:10   #594
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
You didn't prove a damn thing, to me or anybody else in that thread, and several called you on it. You claim to be smart, yet all you do to "prove" it is tell everybody else they're wrong. That's not "smart" works, that's called arrogant.

Again, LE is not among the top on fatal work injuries, and that's fact just as the list says. Call and tell them how smart you are, not us..

Are the words we are using too big for you?

Old 11-18-2012, 00:11   #595
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by golls17 View Post
I thought I already did that for him...

Sent from my Sprint Milky Way Galaxy S...
I think that's the only picture we will ever get. Tantrix is ignoring every post that is in reference to that picture - think there is a reason?
Old 11-18-2012, 00:39   #596
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
I think that's the only picture we will ever get.
After being dragged through the mud by my pseudo "brothers" here...you're probably right.
Old 11-18-2012, 00:57   #597
Ohio Copper

Some time, some place; you will slip up. Then it will all come crashing down on you until your next username and life is born.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 11-18-2012, 01:10   #598
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Some time, some place; you will slip up. Then it will all come crashing down on you until your next username and life is born.

Trust me, you'll live just fine not knowing where I work.

I still don't know what agency you work for (or anyone else here), and wouldn't ask you anyway.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-18-2012 at 01:11..
Old 11-18-2012, 01:13   #599
Ohio Copper

Quote:

I still don't know what agency you work for (or anyone else here), and wouldn't ask you anyway.
I have no patches for my man cave from louisiana. Care to trade? My agency for yours?

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 11-18-2012, 01:29   #600
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:

I don't know at this point if anyone really needs to know which agency it is.

Just tie it all together - picture of you holding the belt. Ram it down everyone's throat that you were right and they were wrong.

Closed Thread