Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 22:43   #561
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
And not what the article was about, it was about the number of fatalities while on the job....not about being assaulted or being hunted down after you get off.

Ah well...I wasn't part of that one, didn't even have to post 1 reply (but yeah I won't lie..I wanted to).
The initial post by the OP was about the article, but post number two took it in another direction.

on top of that claiming that assaults are irrelevant is simply absurd when estimating the dangers of a job.

2010 over 56,000 assaults on Police officers 26% resulting in injury to the officer. even if only 10% were assaults with intent to kill that would be 5,600 homicidal assaults which failed their objective for various reasons, one being the officer prevailing in the encounter and preventing that outcome.
Old 11-17-2012, 22:43   #562
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Hell, we all need to get in on that one...looks like a whole lot more questions need answering than the one about me.
This thread here is ALL YOURS though. Let's settle it up already - no reason not to.
Old 11-17-2012, 22:45   #563
RussP

Quote:
And, I rest my case.

I knew right off the top of my head that truck driving and construction are 2 occupations more dangerous then LE before even reading the list, and yet...we had someone try to one-up for LEO's and bring up that LE has more "assaults".

Classic.
You are dangerous...to yourself, to those real cops around you. Sad part, you do not know it and will never accept it. Oh, and yes, I've known your type in the past. One almost got me killed. He was relieved of duty.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 11-17-2012, 22:53   #564
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
The initial post by the OP was about the article, but post number two took it in another direction.
It took another direction because bait was set, and somebody bit.

Quote:
on top of that claiming that assaults are irrelevant is simply absurd when estimating the dangers of a job.

2010 over 56,000 assaults on Police officers 26% resulting in injury to the officer. even if only 10% were assaults with intent to kill that would be 5,600 homicidal assaults which failed their objective for various reasons, one being the officer prevailing in the encounter and preventing that outcome.
Wait, are you actually going to argue that that list (and every other list I've ever seen) is wrong because they mistakenly left something out??

Are you letting Rabbi log in under your account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You are dangerous...to yourself, to those real cops around you. Sad part, you do not know it and will never accept it. Oh, and yes, I've known your type in the past. One almost got me killed. He was relieved of duty.
My opinion, on the internet or not, is not indicative of how I perform on the job...any job. I would say the same for everyone else...hell, some here I wonder how they even hold a job. I'd assume they keep work at work, and home at home...that's how I do it.
Old 11-17-2012, 23:02   #565
JAY-TX
Da Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Just because he thinks there are other jobs out there more dangerous than LE makes him a danger to "real" cops.

Please.

I got kicked out of the cub scouts for eating a brownie.
Old 11-17-2012, 23:07   #566
holesinpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Isn't there a thread going on right now in GNG where you can posts your thoughts on this?

You know what this thread is about?
So the next time you show up in GNG I can just tell you to go back to coptalk?

Hmmm, I might grow to like that kinda thinking

I bid thee adieu. Back to GnG where I apparently belong.
Old 11-17-2012, 23:07   #567
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY-TX View Post
Just because he thinks there are other jobs out there more dangerous than LE makes him a danger to "real" cops.

Please.
He's a danger to police because he's mentally unstable.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 11-17-2012, 23:08   #568
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post

I know it's difficult but try to keep up.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 11-17-2012, 23:08   #569
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
It took another direction because bait was set, and somebody bit
The OP was bait to begin with. it was posted by one of your fellow traveler libertarian types.

Quote:
Wait, are you actually going to argue that that list (and every other list I've ever seen) is wrong because they mistakenly left something out??
Interesting that you claim to be a veteran LEO yet your reading comprehension is so feeble. And your logic so weak.

it's rather mind boggling that someone (particularly someone in LE) can believe that assaults are irrelevant in estimating the level of danger in a job simply because the attacker failed to kill their intended target.

The inanity of such a view is that it essentially claims that any unsuccessful attempt to kill an officer due to the officers ability to prevent it is irrelevant to estimating the danger of the job. And Only if the officer is actually killed does it reflect the degree of danger in the job.

As for what I think about the statistics I already had my say on the methodology in the thread in question.
Old 11-17-2012, 23:08   #570
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:

Please.
Hey Jay, welcome to the thread. You are another turd who will lie to shore up your position. I find it ironic that you are so willing to lie, or at least prove you dont know what you are talking about or pay very close attention while accusing other people of not being very smart.

Until people like you learn to get your provable facts straight, is it any wonder few take your opinions very seriously.

Case in point, I challenge you (I will give a 1000 dollars to glock talk) if you can find anywhere, ever, that I said I was a doctor of any kind.

You wont, because I never did. My wife is quite the renowned surgeon....and that you will find. But people like you cant be bothered with facts when you want to bolster your opinion.

You are also a person without honor.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Old 11-17-2012, 23:17   #571
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post

Slow down and re-read it again without any bias of what you believe it means.

This thread is about Tantrix and his claims of being in LE. Which is why I posted what you quoted - to try to keep it on task.

If Tantrix wants to talk about an issue there is already an active thread about - why not post in that thread (regardless of what section of Glocktalk it is in).

Last edited by Sharky7; 11-17-2012 at 23:17..
Old 11-17-2012, 23:20   #572
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:

This thread is about your claims of LE. Settle it up.

So what is the excuse today of why you can't post the MMA face holding the duty belt?
Old 11-17-2012, 23:22   #573
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
The OP was bait to begin with. it was posted by one of your fellow traveler libertarian types.
Well, first off the OP isn't the one who made the first comment about LEO's, but either way...I don't know the OP or the guy who made the comment.

Quote:
it's rather mind boggling that someone (particularly someone in LE) can believe that assaults are irrelevant in estimating the level of danger in a job simply because the attacker failed to kill their intended target.

The inanity of such a view is that it essentially claims that any unsuccessful attempt to kill an officer due to the officers ability to prevent it is irrelevant to estimating the danger of the job. And Only if the officer is actually killed does it reflect the degree of danger in the job.

As for what I think about the statistics I already had my say on the methodology in the thread in question.
I find it mind-boggling you refuse to accept the list is based on fatal work injuries, which LE is not among the top. This has been known for...well, quite a long time now, and not even debatable.

I don't know about you, but I damn sure feel safer in LE than I would being on one of those big-ass boats fishing on rough seas in the middle of the night.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-17-2012 at 23:24..
Old 11-17-2012, 23:28   #574
Ohio Copper

Quote:

So what is the excuse today of why you can't post the MMA face holding the duty belt?
Quotes for clarity. And so he doesn't miss it.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Old 11-17-2012, 23:31   #575
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Cop Talk

Settle it up
Old 11-17-2012, 23:32   #576
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:

I find it mind-boggling you refuse to accept the list is based on fatal work injuries, which LE is not among the top. This has been known for...well, quite a long time now, and not even debatable.

You would think, by dumb luck, you would get something right every now and then...but once again, Tantrix proves he simply cant read.

For example: (one of many)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis latrans
but...the question of the day is which profession is more "deadly".

clearly, logging is more deadly, and...likely, more dangerous, as well.
To which Dragoon replies

Quote:
I would not disagree
The point is, there is simply nothing you wont say to try and prove your point. The funny part is, it either proves you an idiot or a dishonorable lier...or perhaps both.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

Old 11-17-2012, 23:38   #577
RussP

Quote:

Please.
It is mindset, Jay, it is his mindset.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 11-17-2012, 23:38   #578
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Well, first off the OP isn't the one who made the first comment about LEO's, but either way...I don't know the OP or the guy who made the comment.
The posting history of the OP might give you a clue as to the intent of the post.

Quote:
I have no problem with the list of fatal injury. YOUR problem is failing to acknowledge that the argument that developed was not about fatalities but rather about danger. Specifically claims by some that LE was not a dangerous profession. This is what rabbi responded to and disputed. Not which occupation had more fatalities per 100K.
Old 11-17-2012, 23:40   #579
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You would think, by dumb luck, you would get something right every now and then...but once again, Tantrix proves he simply cant read.

For example: (one of many)

To which Dragoon replies

The point is, there is simply nothing you wont say to try and prove your point. The funny part is, it either proves you an idiot or a dishonorable lier...or perhaps both.

Here it is again:

Quote:
I'd say assaults are pretty damn irrelevant...the entire list was based on fatalities. Assaults are not fatalities.

But, go ahead and spin it any way you want. In the end, LEO was not on the list. Sorry to disappoint you, I know you like to glorify what you do at every opportunity.

Maybe you should crunch numbers and make your own list since you're a what, mathematician? Speaking of which, why would somebody with your supposed level of education be working as a LEO to begin with?

Quote:
I have no problem with the list of fatal injury. YOUR problem is failing to acknowledge that the argument that developed was not about fatalities but rather about danger. Specifically claims by some that LE was not a dangerous profession. This is what rabbi responded to and disputed. Not which occupation had more fatalities per 100K.
I'd say death is about as dangerous as it gets for me. And I don't know what you guys did before LE, but when I was doing manual labor I got injured about 100% more than LE.

It didn't even have to go there, that's just Rabbi's signature move in every post on GT.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-17-2012 at 23:45..
Old 11-17-2012, 23:41   #580
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
The posting history of the OP might give you a clue as to the intent of the post.

Of course, but for antis and haters, I make a far better target than the actual, obvious issue.

Thats fine by me. It means I am on the right path and it shows what they really are.

Closed Thread