Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 22:43   #561
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
And not what the article was about, it was about the number of fatalities while on the job....not about being assaulted or being hunted down after you get off.


Ah well...I wasn't part of that one, didn't even have to post 1 reply (but yeah I won't lie..I wanted to).
The initial post by the OP was about the article, but post number two took it in another direction.

on top of that claiming that assaults are irrelevant is simply absurd when estimating the dangers of a job.

2010 over 56,000 assaults on Police officers 26% resulting in injury to the officer. even if only 10% were assaults with intent to kill that would be 5,600 homicidal assaults which failed their objective for various reasons, one being the officer prevailing in the encounter and preventing that outcome.
__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 22:43   #562
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Hell, we all need to get in on that one...looks like a whole lot more questions need answering than the one about me.
This thread here is ALL YOURS though. Let's settle it up already - no reason not to.
Sharky7 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 22:45   #563
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,529
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
And, I rest my case.

I knew right off the top of my head that truck driving and construction are 2 occupations more dangerous then LE before even reading the list, and yet...we had someone try to one-up for LEO's and bring up that LE has more "assaults".

Classic.
You are dangerous...to yourself, to those real cops around you. Sad part, you do not know it and will never accept it. Oh, and yes, I've known your type in the past. One almost got me killed. He was relieved of duty.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 22:53   #564
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
The initial post by the OP was about the article, but post number two took it in another direction.
It took another direction because bait was set, and somebody bit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
on top of that claiming that assaults are irrelevant is simply absurd when estimating the dangers of a job.

2010 over 56,000 assaults on Police officers 26% resulting in injury to the officer. even if only 10% were assaults with intent to kill that would be 5,600 homicidal assaults which failed their objective for various reasons, one being the officer prevailing in the encounter and preventing that outcome.
Wait, are you actually going to argue that that list (and every other list I've ever seen) is wrong because they mistakenly left something out??

Are you letting Rabbi log in under your account?


Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You are dangerous...to yourself, to those real cops around you. Sad part, you do not know it and will never accept it. Oh, and yes, I've known your type in the past. One almost got me killed. He was relieved of duty.
My opinion, on the internet or not, is not indicative of how I perform on the job...any job. I would say the same for everyone else...hell, some here I wonder how they even hold a job. I'd assume they keep work at work, and home at home...that's how I do it.
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:02   #565
JAY-TX
Da Pimp
 
JAY-TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Within the Texas border
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You are dangerous...to yourself, to those real cops around you. Sad part, you do not know it and will never accept it. Oh, and yes, I've known your type in the past. One almost got me killed. He was relieved of duty.
Just because he thinks there are other jobs out there more dangerous than LE makes him a danger to "real" cops.

Please.
__________________
Peace... Through superior firepower!!

I got kicked out of the cub scouts for eating a brownie.
JAY-TX is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:07   #566
holesinpaper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Isn't there a thread going on right now in GNG where you can posts your thoughts on this?

You know what this thread is about?
So the next time you show up in GNG I can just tell you to go back to coptalk?

Hmmm, I might grow to like that kinda thinking

I bid thee adieu. Back to GnG where I apparently belong.
holesinpaper is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:07   #567
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Rust Belt.
Posts: 4,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY-TX View Post
Just because he thinks there are other jobs out there more dangerous than LE makes him a danger to "real" cops.

Please.
He's a danger to police because he's mentally unstable.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is online now  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:08   #568
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Rust Belt.
Posts: 4,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
So the next time you show up in GNG I can just tell you to go back to coptalk?

Hmmm, I might grow to like that kinda thinking

I bid thee adieu. Back to GnG where I apparently belong.
I know it's difficult but try to keep up.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is online now  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:08   #569
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,416
Quote:
It took another direction because bait was set, and somebody bit
The OP was bait to begin with. it was posted by one of your fellow traveler libertarian types.

Quote:
Wait, are you actually going to argue that that list (and every other list I've ever seen) is wrong because they mistakenly left something out??
Interesting that you claim to be a veteran LEO yet your reading comprehension is so feeble. And your logic so weak.

it's rather mind boggling that someone (particularly someone in LE) can believe that assaults are irrelevant in estimating the level of danger in a job simply because the attacker failed to kill their intended target.

The inanity of such a view is that it essentially claims that any unsuccessful attempt to kill an officer due to the officers ability to prevent it is irrelevant to estimating the danger of the job. And Only if the officer is actually killed does it reflect the degree of danger in the job.


As for what I think about the statistics I already had my say on the methodology in the thread in question.
__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:08   #570
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 30,550


Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY-TX View Post
Just because he thinks there are other jobs out there more dangerous than LE makes him a danger to "real" cops.

Please.
Hey Jay, welcome to the thread. You are another turd who will lie to shore up your position. I find it ironic that you are so willing to lie, or at least prove you dont know what you are talking about or pay very close attention while accusing other people of not being very smart.

Until people like you learn to get your provable facts straight, is it any wonder few take your opinions very seriously.

Case in point, I challenge you (I will give a 1000 dollars to glock talk) if you can find anywhere, ever, that I said I was a doctor of any kind.

You wont, because I never did. My wife is quite the renowned surgeon....and that you will find. But people like you cant be bothered with facts when you want to bolster your opinion.

You are also a person without honor.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Rabbi is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:17   #571
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
So the next time you show up in GNG I can just tell you to go back to coptalk?

Hmmm, I might grow to like that kinda thinking

I bid thee adieu. Back to GnG where I apparently belong.
Slow down and re-read it again without any bias of what you believe it means.

This thread is about Tantrix and his claims of being in LE. Which is why I posted what you quoted - to try to keep it on task.

If Tantrix wants to talk about an issue there is already an active thread about - why not post in that thread (regardless of what section of Glocktalk it is in).

Last edited by Sharky7; 11-17-2012 at 23:17..
Sharky7 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:20   #572
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post

This thread is about your claims of LE. Settle it up.


So what is the excuse today of why you can't post the MMA face holding the duty belt?
Sharky7 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:22   #573
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
The OP was bait to begin with. it was posted by one of your fellow traveler libertarian types.
Well, first off the OP isn't the one who made the first comment about LEO's, but either way...I don't know the OP or the guy who made the comment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
it's rather mind boggling that someone (particularly someone in LE) can believe that assaults are irrelevant in estimating the level of danger in a job simply because the attacker failed to kill their intended target.

The inanity of such a view is that it essentially claims that any unsuccessful attempt to kill an officer due to the officers ability to prevent it is irrelevant to estimating the danger of the job. And Only if the officer is actually killed does it reflect the degree of danger in the job.


As for what I think about the statistics I already had my say on the methodology in the thread in question.
I find it mind-boggling you refuse to accept the list is based on fatal work injuries, which LE is not among the top. This has been known for...well, quite a long time now, and not even debatable.

I don't know about you, but I damn sure feel safer in LE than I would being on one of those big-ass boats fishing on rough seas in the middle of the night.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-17-2012 at 23:24..
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:28   #574
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Rust Belt.
Posts: 4,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post


So what is the excuse today of why you can't post the MMA face holding the duty belt?
Quotes for clarity. And so he doesn't miss it.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is online now  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:31   #575
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,115
Cop Talk


Settle it up
Sharky7 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:32   #576
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 30,550


Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post




I find it mind-boggling you refuse to accept the list is based on fatal work injuries, which LE is not among the top. This has been known for...well, quite a long time now, and not even debatable.

.
You would think, by dumb luck, you would get something right every now and then...but once again, Tantrix proves he simply cant read.

For example: (one of many)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis latrans
but...the question of the day is which profession is more "deadly".

clearly, logging is more deadly, and...likely, more dangerous, as well.
To which Dragoon replies

Quote:
I would not disagree
The point is, there is simply nothing you wont say to try and prove your point. The funny part is, it either proves you an idiot or a dishonorable lier...or perhaps both.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Rabbi is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:38   #577
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,529
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY-TX View Post
Just because he thinks there are other jobs out there more dangerous than LE makes him a danger to "real" cops.

Please.
It is mindset, Jay, it is his mindset.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:38   #578
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,416
Quote:
Well, first off the OP isn't the one who made the first comment about LEO's, but either way...I don't know the OP or the guy who made the comment.
The posting history of the OP might give you a clue as to the intent of the post.


Quote:
I find it mind-boggling you refuse to accept the list is based on fatal work injuries, which LE is not among the top. This has been known for...well, quite a long time now, and not even debatable.
I have no problem with the list of fatal injury. YOUR problem is failing to acknowledge that the argument that developed was not about fatalities but rather about danger. Specifically claims by some that LE was not a dangerous profession. This is what rabbi responded to and disputed. Not which occupation had more fatalities per 100K.
__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:40   #579
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You would think, by dumb luck, you would get something right every now and then...but once again, Tantrix proves he simply cant read.

For example: (one of many)



To which Dragoon replies



The point is, there is simply nothing you wont say to try and prove your point. The funny part is, it either proves you an idiot or a dishonorable lier...or perhaps both.

Here it is again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
it's rather mind boggling that someone (particularly someone in LE) can believe that assaults are irrelevant in estimating the level of danger in a job simply because the attacker failed to kill their intended target.
I'd say assaults are pretty damn irrelevant...the entire list was based on fatalities. Assaults are not fatalities.


But, go ahead and spin it any way you want. In the end, LEO was not on the list. Sorry to disappoint you, I know you like to glorify what you do at every opportunity.

Maybe you should crunch numbers and make your own list since you're a what, mathematician? Speaking of which, why would somebody with your supposed level of education be working as a LEO to begin with?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
I have no problem with the list of fatal injury. YOUR problem is failing to acknowledge that the argument that developed was not about fatalities but rather about danger. Specifically claims by some that LE was not a dangerous profession. This is what rabbi responded to and disputed. Not which occupation had more fatalities per 100K.
I'd say death is about as dangerous as it gets for me. And I don't know what you guys did before LE, but when I was doing manual labor I got injured about 100% more than LE.


It didn't even have to go there, that's just Rabbi's signature move in every post on GT.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-17-2012 at 23:45..
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:41   #580
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 30,550


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
The posting history of the OP might give you a clue as to the intent of the post.




I have no problem with the list of fatal injury. YOUR problem is failing to acknowledge that the argument that developed was not about fatalities but rather about danger. Specifically claims by some that LE was not a dangerous profession. This is what rabbi responded to and disputed. Not which occupation had more fatalities per 100K.
Of course, but for antis and haters, I make a far better target than the actual, obvious issue.

Thats fine by me. It means I am on the right path and it shows what they really are.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Rabbi is offline  

 
  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:29.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,203
347 Members
856 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31