Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 01:34   #601
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You wonder how those here hold a job? Easy, they are cops. For them, it isn't a job. It is a calling. It is a passion. Most grew up knowing it was what they would do. Others here, it came a little later. Still, it came as a calling.

You said you entered LE because you were good at it. How'd you do that? Know did you know you were good at it before doing the job?

You say you are different when you are off the internet. Guess what? The cops you are pissing on, they are exactly the same offline as on, sometimes nicer, sometimes not.

Cop Talk, the regulars, they are very real. Most know each other. We've shared problems, supported each other, corrected each other, argued, but, when the SHTF, we know our backs are covered. I say we. I'm not LE. My son is a Deputy in CA, so I am a LE parent. But here, I count myself fortunate to have earned the trust of these men and women who are cops.

To not acknowledge the dangers of your profession is dangerous for all around you.
The worst thing is that cops are targeted not because they hurt someone wrongfully..but just because they are cops. This has gotten worse in the past twenty years.

It is good that cops are regulars and meet and chat. There are lots of professions that have shift work and bring those problems into their family lives. Substance abuse..mostly booze is high because of stress so this comraderie(sic) helps the individuals maintain their level headedness and sanity.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:35   #602
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Cop Talk
I have not seen you post so much in a long time.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:37   #603
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Of course, but for antis and haters, I make a far better target than the actual, obvious issue.

Thats fine by me. It means I am on the right path and it shows what they really are.
But when you answer calls don't the people respect you for being a "Rabbi" and know that is why you wear a beard and hat?
Old 11-18-2012, 01:40   #604
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
The posting history of the OP might give you a clue as to the intent of the post.

I have no problem with the list of fatal injury. YOUR problem is failing to acknowledge that the argument that developed was not about fatalities but rather about danger. Specifically claims by some that LE was not a dangerous profession. This is what rabbi responded to and disputed. Not which occupation had more fatalities per 100K.
I think danger is relative. Large urban centers would have more prevalence of potential assaults because of diversity and congestion but smaller departments in large rural areas would be more deadly because of a higher response time for ems and backup. There is also no doubt that society has changed dramatically over the years and has become more violent.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:14   #605
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY-TX View Post
Thread What is your "Best money I ever spent!" story? - Glock Talk ...
boardreader.com/.../What_is_your_Best_money_I_ever_spent_sto_...
11 posts - 7 authors - Sep 21, 2010
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbi See, if you would have learned math ... to me, you are a Tech and I have a PhD....you did explain it to me.

Rabbi- Facts will kill you every time Rabbi. You can lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, but you have told a number of people on here that you have a Phd. I never used the word doctor. Just in case your next move was to nit pick words.

You are a man with the lowest honor of all. Someone who pretends to be what they are not.

In your case intelligent.
I'm curious, is there a reason you use an out of context partial quote of a two year old thread post to argue your point?

Here is a less edited version of your source.
Quote:
Reply 105: Originally Posted by Rabbi You taught yourself differential equations? Lets be honest on two points, If I dont know what I am looking at, and you explain the system to me, you are a Tech and I have a PhD....you did explain it to me. That doesnt mean I dont understand. Also, if you can teach yourself advanced math, why are you working in the position you are...and thinking how well you are...
That thread is not available anymore. Can you link us to more current examples of Rabbi stating he has a PhD?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 11-18-2012, 06:28   #606
meleors
Cranky Member

Time for all you children to take a time out! Getting all worked up over internet forum postings is immature at best.
Someone on a forum claims he is something (or someone) he is not, imagine that! Big effing deal. I'd hate to see how some of you react to a real issue. Get a life.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:59   #607
RussP

Quote:
You said you entered LE because you were good at it. How'd you do that? Know did you know you were good at it before doing the job?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Because the reason most people can't handle LE is the stress. I had to work corrections for almost 2 years before moving up, and if you can handle inmates, the road is gravy.
Let's try this again.
Quote:
Quote:
You said you entered LE because you were good at it.
  • How'd you do that?

• Know How did you know you were good at it before doing the job?
Quote:
To those questions you responded, not answered, responded:
Quote:
  • Because the reason most people can't handle LE is the stress.

• I had to work corrections for almost 2 years before moving up, and

• if you can handle inmates,

• the road is gravy.
Let's start with two simple questions.
  • Why did you decide on law enforcement?

• What influenced your decision?

Old 11-18-2012, 08:02   #608
AA_Khost

Holy ****!

This **** is still going strong? **** or get off the pot tantrix!

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.- Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-18-2012, 08:04   #609
green marauder
GLOCK MILITIA#1

I'm not a LEO, but I play one on Glock Talk.
Pennsylvania Glockers #241
Old 11-18-2012, 08:15   #610
RussP

Quote:
You say you are different when you are off the internet. Guess what? The cops you are pissing on, they are exactly the same offline as on, sometimes nicer, sometimes not.
Quote:
That's pretty funny, considering a couple here don't act the same over at officer.com as they do on GT. I think you've been hoodwinked by a few here.
Lets see, officer.com is an ONLINE forum, right? And on officer.com, would you say the forum Rules and TOS are
  • less strict?
  • about the same?
  • or more strict?
compared to glocktalk.com.

Don't strain yourself. We are more strict here on GT. There was a time when some of the officer.com behavior was exhibited here in Cop Talk, mostly responding to members wanting to troll the forum. That prompted this post from Eric 6 years ago...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric on 11-29-2006, 12:32 View Post
Folks, I did not create this forum to give people a place to ***** about cops, or to question the morality or legality of their practices. You might have a burning need to do so, but this is not the place for it.

I created this forum as a place for cops to talk shop and for non-cops to be able to interact with cops and hopefully create some common ground. If you do not like cops, or you are pissed because you got a ticket, or you want to know how to beat the ticket, or you don't like no-knock warrants or DUI checkpoints, do not post about it here. Period. I am sick to death of all of the bickering and all of the problems a few knuckleheads here (On both sides of the fence) keep causing. I want the problems to stop.

If you want to discuss legal/ethical issues of police practices or policies, do it in GT's Civil Liberties forum. That is what it was created for. From now on, any such discussion here will be closed or moved to that forum. There are a handful of people here who are obsessed with the topic and they are screwing things up here for everyone else.

Once again and for the record, I and my site are big fans of LEO's and we support them. You do not have to like them yourself, but you do have to treat them respectfully if you want to post on my site. On the other hand, the problems here are not one-sided. I expect EVERYONE to comport themselves in a considerate, respectful manner, if they wish to continue participating here. There is no excuse for bad behavior and many of you are in a job that has certainly taught you better.

This forum has been one of the most problematic on GT, but I still feel it can be an asset if the people that use it will help it live up to its potential. Eric
Today this policy is enforced on all GT public forums.

So, yes, they may be/are less inhibited on officer.com. Your 'new' information is not the scathing indictment you hoped it would be. Ever here of totality of circumstances? That's when you collect ALL the facts before forming an opinion, making a charge.

Last edited by RussP; 11-18-2012 at 09:22..
Old 11-18-2012, 08:16   #611
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
I think that's the only picture we will ever get. Tantrix is ignoring every post that is in reference to that picture - think there is a reason?
because it doesn't exist. Survey says...?

Sent from my Sprint Milky Way Galaxy S...
Originally Posted by k9medic View Post
Remember every day that you don't train or workout, a bad guy does.
Formerly gollbladder13
Old 11-18-2012, 08:44   #612
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

So happy that Notre Dame won yesterday. They should be #1 now.

As a side note I post the same here as I do over at officer.com. And the few that I know here that are over there post the same as well.

Everyone have a great week. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Sent from my Federation issued communicator.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:18   #613
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Anyone applying a logic based review of this topic will likely conclude:

Tantrix isn't a real LEO, period.

In fact, I don't believe he's even a jailer.

His level of credibility could not be lower. At this point, any/everything he says is suspect.

He won't "confirm" because he can't, period.

Epic Internet poser, on the level with the other great wounded ducks.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 11-18-2012, 10:00   #614
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
I'm curious, is there a reason you use an out of context partial quote of a two year old thread post to argue your point?

Here is a less edited version of your source.That thread is not available anymore. Can you link us to more current examples of Rabbi stating he has a PhD?
He uses it because he lacks honor and is obviously not well.

Think about this, he has anger inside of him for something that never happened (his claims that I go around telling people I have a PhD) Which is false and provable. You would think it would make his life better to realize this. "Oh, I guess you didnt do that, I can let that go...."

Nope, he is so commited to the anger and so unstable as a person that he is going to hold on to it.

Sad, so very sad. I hope he gets better.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Old 11-18-2012, 11:09   #615
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

What strikes me about Tantrix is he never comes out and says he is a cop. He will say he is a Deputy, in LE, or is a sworn LEO.
The term cop however is only used by him in expressing his contempt and disdain for Cops.

He has all the earmarks of someone who at best is in a non road patrol position and has a chip on his shoulder towards those that are.

Virtually every one who is in a peripheral position in LE and we have dealt with exhibits the exact same behavior, Vagueness claiming "I am an LEO", "I am in LE", and they always demonstrate they are clueless about police procedures and how police work is done.

They hang out in GNG and demonstrate no more understanding of how police work is done than the Non LEO's. And they are just as critical and demonstrate the same anti LEO attitudes. When they get called out on it they make the same claims, "Oh, I'm labeled anti cop just because I don't agree with everything cops say!!!" etc. etc.

They duck and dodge and bob a weave, but they know why they don't hang out here, because they can't B.S. the real cops like they do those in other forums. Because their lack of knowledge and experience is quickly recognized here.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:29   #616
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
I dont know what is true but he will NOT answer the question "Are you, now, a fully sworn LEO?" He flat out wont answer. He will say he WAS *sworn* and a Deputy.

His language is carefully crafted and vague.
Impersonating an officer is a felony...is it not? Even online?? Just curious.....
I have worked for a company that is subcontracted by Homeland Security to protect the Federal buildings in Boston and NH but I don't tell people I am from HS (Even though I do technically work for them, LEO equipment and all).

Last edited by maximus1079; 11-18-2012 at 11:32.. Reason: added thought
Old 11-18-2012, 11:56   #617
RussP

Quote:
What strikes me about Tantrix is he never comes out and says he is a cop. He will say he is a Deputy, in LE, or is a sworn LEO.
But, he posted a photo of the interior of his patrol car...

Old 11-18-2012, 12:04   #618
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Yeah, here is mine. Only took a few seconds to google...errr. snap that picture.

Cop Talk
Old 11-18-2012, 12:15   #619
RussP

Quote:
Yeah, here is mine. Only took a few seconds to google...errr. snap that picture.

Cop Talk

Old 11-18-2012, 12:29   #620
Ship A'Hoy
Trigger Control

Quote:
Yes and here's a pic of the interior of my space shuttle.

My light saber is in the bedroom where my baby ewok is sleeping or I'd post a pic of that too.

Cop Talk
Speed is fine, accuracy is final.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:39   #621
dac1204

Quote:

Cop Talk
Since I know you are the real deal (or were) you had me fooled with that pic until I realized your so old you couldn't operate that computer. So it must be fake right?
Old 11-18-2012, 12:44   #622
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship A'Hoy View Post
Yes and here's a pic of the interior of my space shuttle.

My light saber is in the bedroom where my baby ewok is sleeping or I'd post a pic of that too.

Cop Talk
Old 11-18-2012, 12:46   #623
Ohio Copper

Cop Talk

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Benjamin Franklin
Old 11-18-2012, 14:04   #624
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac1204 View Post
Since I know you are the real deal (or were) you had me fooled with that pic until I realized your so old you couldn't operate that computer. So it must be fake right?
Thats a computer??? Damn I thought it was a TV and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get any channels on it!!!

Last edited by Dragoon44; 11-18-2012 at 14:05..
Old 11-18-2012, 14:10   #625
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA_Khost View Post
Holy ****!

This **** is still going strong? **** or get off the pot tantrix!
People go to NASCAR to see accidents. People waych fights to see someone get hurt. That is human nature. The people love this thread...'human nature".
Closed Thread