GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 22:32   #576
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,873


Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post




I find it mind-boggling you refuse to accept the list is based on fatal work injuries, which LE is not among the top. This has been known for...well, quite a long time now, and not even debatable.

.
You would think, by dumb luck, you would get something right every now and then...but once again, Tantrix proves he simply cant read.

For example: (one of many)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis latrans
but...the question of the day is which profession is more "deadly".

clearly, logging is more deadly, and...likely, more dangerous, as well.
To which Dragoon replies

Quote:
I would not disagree
The point is, there is simply nothing you wont say to try and prove your point. The funny part is, it either proves you an idiot or a dishonorable lier...or perhaps both.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 22:38   #577
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,671
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY-TX View Post
Just because he thinks there are other jobs out there more dangerous than LE makes him a danger to "real" cops.

Please.
It is mindset, Jay, it is his mindset.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 22:38   #578
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,187
Quote:
Well, first off the OP isn't the one who made the first comment about LEO's, but either way...I don't know the OP or the guy who made the comment.
The posting history of the OP might give you a clue as to the intent of the post.


Quote:
I find it mind-boggling you refuse to accept the list is based on fatal work injuries, which LE is not among the top. This has been known for...well, quite a long time now, and not even debatable.
I have no problem with the list of fatal injury. YOUR problem is failing to acknowledge that the argument that developed was not about fatalities but rather about danger. Specifically claims by some that LE was not a dangerous profession. This is what rabbi responded to and disputed. Not which occupation had more fatalities per 100K.
__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 22:40   #579
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You would think, by dumb luck, you would get something right every now and then...but once again, Tantrix proves he simply cant read.

For example: (one of many)



To which Dragoon replies



The point is, there is simply nothing you wont say to try and prove your point. The funny part is, it either proves you an idiot or a dishonorable lier...or perhaps both.

Here it is again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
it's rather mind boggling that someone (particularly someone in LE) can believe that assaults are irrelevant in estimating the level of danger in a job simply because the attacker failed to kill their intended target.
I'd say assaults are pretty damn irrelevant...the entire list was based on fatalities. Assaults are not fatalities.


But, go ahead and spin it any way you want. In the end, LEO was not on the list. Sorry to disappoint you, I know you like to glorify what you do at every opportunity.

Maybe you should crunch numbers and make your own list since you're a what, mathematician? Speaking of which, why would somebody with your supposed level of education be working as a LEO to begin with?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
I have no problem with the list of fatal injury. YOUR problem is failing to acknowledge that the argument that developed was not about fatalities but rather about danger. Specifically claims by some that LE was not a dangerous profession. This is what rabbi responded to and disputed. Not which occupation had more fatalities per 100K.
I'd say death is about as dangerous as it gets for me. And I don't know what you guys did before LE, but when I was doing manual labor I got injured about 100% more than LE.


It didn't even have to go there, that's just Rabbi's signature move in every post on GT.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-17-2012 at 22:45..
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 22:41   #580
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,873


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
The posting history of the OP might give you a clue as to the intent of the post.




I have no problem with the list of fatal injury. YOUR problem is failing to acknowledge that the argument that developed was not about fatalities but rather about danger. Specifically claims by some that LE was not a dangerous profession. This is what rabbi responded to and disputed. Not which occupation had more fatalities per 100K.
Of course, but for antis and haters, I make a far better target than the actual, obvious issue.

Thats fine by me. It means I am on the right path and it shows what they really are.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 22:44   #581
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,873


Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Here it is again:



I'd say assaults are pretty damn irrelevant...the entire list was based on fatalities. Assaults are not fatalities.


But, go ahead and spin it any way you want. In the end, LEO was not on the list. Sorry to disappoint you, I know you like to glorify what you do at every opportunity.

Maybe you should crunch numbers and make your own list since you're a what, mathematician? Speaking of which, why would somebody with your supposed level of education be working as a LEO to begin with?
You can "say" whatever you want now but what you said is:

Quote:
I find it mind-boggling you refuse to accept the list is based on fatal work injuries, which LE is not among the top. This has been known for...well, quite a long time now, and not even debatable.
Which is wrong. I proved it, you either refuse to accept that or are unable to understand.

It would seem your LACK of education is the problem, not my education.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 22:44   #582
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,671
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
My opinion, on the internet or not, is not indicative of how I perform on the job...any job. I would say the same for everyone else...hell, some here I wonder how they even hold a job. I'd assume they keep work at work, and home at home...that's how I do it.
You wonder how those here hold a job? Easy, they are cops. For them, it isn't a job. It is a calling. It is a passion. Most grew up knowing it was what they would do. Others here, it came a little later. Still, it came as a calling.

You said you entered LE because you were good at it. How'd you do that? Know did you know you were good at it before doing the job?

You say you are different when you are off the internet. Guess what? The cops you are pissing on, they are exactly the same offline as on, sometimes nicer, sometimes not.

Cop Talk, the regulars, they are very real. Most know each other. We've shared problems, supported each other, corrected each other, argued, but, when the SHTF, we know our backs are covered. I say we. I'm not LE. My son is a Deputy in CA, so I am a LE parent. But here, I count myself fortunate to have earned the trust of these men and women who are cops.

To not acknowledge the dangers of your profession is dangerous for all around you.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 11-17-2012 at 22:47..
RussP is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 22:45   #583
JAY-TX
Da Pimp
 
JAY-TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Within the Texas border
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Hey Jay, welcome to the thread. You are another turd who will lie to shore up your position. I find it ironic that you are so willing to lie, or at least prove you dont know what you are talking about or pay very close attention while accusing other people of not being very smart.

Until people like you learn to get your provable facts straight, is it any wonder few take your opinions very seriously.

Case in point, I challenge you (I will give a 1000 dollars to glock talk) if you can find anywhere, ever, that I said I was a doctor of any kind.

You wont, because I never did. My wife is quite the renowned surgeon....and that you will find. But people like you cant be bothered with facts when you want to bolster your opinion.

You are also a person without honor.
Thread What is your "Best money I ever spent!" story? - Glock Talk ...
boardreader.com/.../What_is_your_Best_money_I_ever_spent_sto_...
11 posts - 7 authors - Sep 21, 2010
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbi See, if you would have learned math ... to me, you are a Tech and I have a PhD....you did explain it to me.

Rabbi- Facts will kill you every time Rabbi. You can lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, but you have told a number of people on here that you have a Phd. I never used the word doctor. Just in case your next move was to nit pick words.

You are a man with the lowest honor of all. Someone who pretends to be what they are not.

In your case intelligent.
__________________
Peace... Through superior firepower!!

I got kicked out of the cub scouts for eating a brownie.
JAY-TX is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 22:49   #584
JAY-TX
Da Pimp
 
JAY-TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Within the Texas border
Posts: 779
Keep your money Rabbi. I'm sure you need it much more than I.
__________________
Peace... Through superior firepower!!

I got kicked out of the cub scouts for eating a brownie.
JAY-TX is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 22:51   #585
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,873


Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY-TX View Post
Thread What is your "Best money I ever spent!" story? - Glock Talk ...
boardreader.com/.../What_is_your_Best_money_I_ever_spent_sto_...
11 posts - 7 authors - Sep 21, 2010
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbi See, if you would have learned math ... to me, you are a Tech and I have a PhD....you did explain it to me.

Rabbi- Facts will kill you every time Rabbi. You can lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, but you have told a number of people on here that you have a Phd. I never used the word doctor. Just in case your next move was to nit pick words.

You are a man with the lowest honor of all. Someone who pretends to be what they are not.

In your case intelligent.
I have NEVER told anyone I have a PhD.

Nor did I do so there (put up the full link and even someone like you could see the facetiousness of my statement there. )

Why not find a thread where I list my degrees, such as one of the Glock Talk threads on "what are your degrees?".

BTW, are you calling me out, now, saying I am not a cop? Yes or no. There is nothing else to that question.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 22:54   #586
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
I might..couldn't do it right now anyway, duty belt is in bedroom and daughter is asleep in there.

ETA- Anyway, here's the only other work-related pic I have on the phone. Last week was hot and wet, this week it's cold and dry, and next week it'll be cold and wet.
Cop Talk
Sharky7 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 22:56   #587
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,187
Quote:
I'd say assaults are pretty damn irrelevant...the entire list was based on fatalities. Assaults are not fatalities
What part of what Rabbi responded to was not about fatalities but rather a claim that LE was not dangerous can you just not fathom?

Seriously you claim to be a veteran LEO and can't read and understand what the dispute was actually about? Even after it is pointed out to you more than a few times?

Quote:
But, go ahead and spin it any way you want. In the end, LEO was not on the list. Sorry to disappoint you, I know you like to glorify what you do at every opportunity.
You have reached a new low, insinuating that anyone here is disappointed that Cops did not make the list of most fatalities per 100K.

Quote:
I'd say death is about as dangerous as it gets for me. And I don't know what you guys did before LE, but when I was doing manual labor I got injured about 100% more than LE.
So you think that if you by your own ability to react effectively and prevent your own injury or murder by another. then you were never really in danger.

Seriously???
__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:00   #588
Hoser423
Senior Member
 
Hoser423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Not there anymore
Posts: 357
Have I already had this day ???
Attached Thumbnails
Cop Talk - Click for larger version  
__________________
You can't judge a book by its cover- but you can usually guess what kind of book it is.

Last edited by Hoser423; 11-18-2012 at 07:40..
Hoser423 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:01   #589
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Which is wrong. I proved it, you either refuse to accept that or are unable to understand.

It would seem your LACK of education is the problem, not my education.
You didn't prove a damn thing, to me or anybody else in that thread, and several called you on it. You claim to be smart, yet all you do to "prove" it is tell everybody else they're wrong. That's not "smart" works, that's called arrogant.

Again, LE is not among the top on fatal work injuries, and that's fact just as the list says. Call and tell them how smart you are, not us.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You said you entered LE because you were good at it. How'd you do that? Know did you know you were good at it before doing the job?
Because the reason most people can't handle LE is the stress. I had to work corrections for almost 2 years before moving up, and if you can handle inmates, the road is gravy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You say you are different when you are off the internet. Guess what? The cops you are pissing on, they are exactly the same offline as on, sometimes nicer, sometimes not
That's pretty funny, considering a couple here don't act the same over at officer.com as they do on GT. I think you've been hoodwinked by a few here.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
To not acknowledge the dangers of your profession is dangerous for all around you.
I never said LE wasn't dangerous, but I'm not stupid enough to compare my job to the dangers of some Alaskan fishing boat on the water at 2am.
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:04   #590
JAY-TX
Da Pimp
 
JAY-TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Within the Texas border
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
I have NEVER told anyone I have a PhD.

Nor did I do so there (put up the full link and even someone like you could see the facetiousness of my statement there. )

Why not find a thread where I list my degrees, such as one of the Glock Talk threads on "what are your degrees?".

BTW, are you calling me out, now, saying I am not a cop? Yes or no. There is nothing else to that question.
I'm not trying to call you out Rabbi.

I'm trying very politely to call you an idiot.

Intelligent people do not work that way! Good night!
__________________
Peace... Through superior firepower!!

I got kicked out of the cub scouts for eating a brownie.

Last edited by JAY-TX; 11-17-2012 at 23:08..
JAY-TX is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:07   #591
Hoser423
Senior Member
 
Hoser423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Not there anymore
Posts: 357
Click image for larger version

Name:	groundhog-day.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	229131Haven't I already had this day ???
__________________
You can't judge a book by its cover- but you can usually guess what kind of book it is.

Last edited by Hoser423; 11-17-2012 at 23:09..
Hoser423 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:07   #592
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,873


Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY-TX View Post
I'm not trying to call you out Rabbi.

I'm trying very politely to call you an idiot.

Intelligent people do not work that way! Good night sir!
Prove where I have said something false.

In thousands of posts, outside of things I say are an opinion or obviously are, you will have a very hard time doing so.

Now, you not being able to stand me, so be it...but that isnt the same thing as the facts I post.

Have a great night sleep.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:08   #593
golls17
Lifetime Newbie
 
golls17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
What's to put out there? We've seen YOUR (supposed) face. We've seen YOUR (supposed) duty belt. Just put them together in the same picture.
I thought I already did that for him...

Sent from my Sprint Milky Way Galaxy S...
__________________
I'm a newbie. Always have been, always will be...
"Fire up the roof."
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9medic View Post
Remember every day that you don't train or workout, a bad guy does.
Formerly gollbladder13
golls17 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:10   #594
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,873


Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
You didn't prove a damn thing, to me or anybody else in that thread, and several called you on it. You claim to be smart, yet all you do to "prove" it is tell everybody else they're wrong. That's not "smart" works, that's called arrogant.

Again, LE is not among the top on fatal work injuries, and that's fact just as the list says. Call and tell them how smart you are, not us..

Are the words we are using too big for you?
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:11   #595
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by golls17 View Post
I thought I already did that for him...

Sent from my Sprint Milky Way Galaxy S...
I think that's the only picture we will ever get. Tantrix is ignoring every post that is in reference to that picture - think there is a reason?
Sharky7 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:39   #596
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
I think that's the only picture we will ever get.
After being dragged through the mud by my pseudo "brothers" here...you're probably right.
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 23:57   #597
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,965
Some time, some place; you will slip up. Then it will all come crashing down on you until your next username and life is born.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 00:10   #598
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Some time, some place; you will slip up. Then it will all come crashing down on you until your next username and life is born.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Trust me, you'll live just fine not knowing where I work.

I still don't know what agency you work for (or anyone else here), and wouldn't ask you anyway.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-18-2012 at 00:11..
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 00:13   #599
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Trust me, you'll live just fine not knowing where I work.

I still don't know what agency you work for (or anyone else here), and wouldn't ask you anyway.
I have no patches for my man cave from louisiana. Care to trade? My agency for yours?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 00:29   #600
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Trust me, you'll live just fine not knowing where I work.

I still don't know what agency you work for (or anyone else here), and wouldn't ask you anyway.
I don't know at this point if anyone really needs to know which agency it is.

Just tie it all together - picture of you holding the belt. Ram it down everyone's throat that you were right and they were wrong.
Sharky7 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:43.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 682
198 Members
484 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42