Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:50   #1
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!

Whoa! It's A Wasteland Out There People

Just for the heck of it I went over to SG Ammo to see what was going on. WOW! Almost all the big number ammo units were at '0' stock. Most all of the 500 and 1000 round cases along with a lot of the single, 50 rd boxes were gone.

Looks like obama brightened the ammo dealers' days!!!

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Old 11-11-2012, 10:52   #2
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhic View Post
Just for the heck of it I went over to SG Ammo to see what was going on. WOW! Almost all the big number ammo units were at '0' stock. Most all of the 500 and 1000 round cases along with a lot of the single, 50 rd boxes were gone.

Looks like obama brightened the ammo dealers' days!!!
There was same panic buying last time around. I could see it if there were a liberal super majority. There isn't.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:11   #3
Osborne

Send a message via Skype™ to Osborne
Yup this panic buying is stupid, I just bought an AR and can't enjoy it because all the ammo is pretty well bought up...
Old 11-11-2012, 11:31   #4
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Anyone who waited until AFTER the election to buy ammo deserves to pay the big prices.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:51   #5
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
Anyone who waited until AFTER the election to buy ammo deserves to pay the big prices.
^^^^^^^^^^

This.

One of the nice things about where I live is that are are no folks around who aren't "clued in". There aren't a lot of folks to jump up and say "Oh NO, I've got to buy all the ammo I can". Most of us stocked up long ago and if we were going to get worried we "resupplied" months ago.

The LGS owner made a bulk buy of common ammo in the spring and had most of it "pre sold" to the regulars to get a shipping deal. The rest went on the shelves at "retail" for the "slow folks". Gotta love small towns
Old 11-11-2012, 12:10   #6
M 7

After the last "Obammunition scare" faded away and prices settled down a bit, I laid in a largish supply of the rifle and pistol calibers that I needed.

For someone who is so anti-gun (his record proves that beyond doubt), Obama has done the most to ensure that the ammo manufacturers are financially healthy and that lead and copper are now semi-precious metals.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:38   #7
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Well, I handload everything, and every now and then buy factory stuff, but not often. But this is ALL panic buying and plumb silly to be sure.

I drove in to Allen, Tx to a Cablea's there over the weekend, and went to just look at some stuff for Christmas for friends and family. There was tons of ammo of all kinds, both hand gun and rifle, and SG. Man the place was filled with ammo. No one seemed to be using a pack mule to get their ammo out the door, or empty shelves, etc. I was there about 2:30 in the afternoon, and the shelves were still filled with anythng you would want. I saw NO lack of ammo.

I am sure that there is a lack of it in some places, because of, again, panic. But I have not seen this yet.

I am glad I hand load 99% of everything, and got about all I need to load anything I own.

Slow down amigo's, you'll get a more Harmonious outcome !

Adios !

CanyonMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 11-11-2012 at 12:42.. Reason: spelling
Old 11-11-2012, 12:52   #8
Kentguy

CanyonMan,

Same up north here along the Great Lakes (Ohio), went to a large Hunting/Fishing equipment store. They have a huge selection of guns & ammo... and still do! Some of the smaller stores are a little thin on their inventory but not everybody.

Certain brands of guns and styles are flying off the shelf like the AR15 or cheaper carbines. After talking with 2 friends of my who own gun stores they feel that this go-around with Obama, folks are pretty well stocked - except those who are arriving late to the party.

223's seem to be a hot item these days, but I have seem plenty on the shelves around here.
Old 11-11-2012, 13:06   #9
cowboy1964

sgammo had 22 500 round cases of Ranger-T 9mm 127+P+ a few days ago. All gone as of today. It will be interesting to see how fast sgammo gets stock back in.

As far as prices go, I'm not seeing any increases.

There are plenty of people out there that truly believe now that Obama has nothing to lose that he will simply ban things with the stroke of a pen on an Executive Order.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 11-12-2012 at 09:34..
Old 11-11-2012, 13:07   #10
GlockPride
Glock 23

Plenty o' ammo around Tulsa as I was in several stores yesterday and all plenty. Plenty= more than I can buy or charge.
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
Old 11-11-2012, 13:17   #11
michael e

Only thing I am having issue with is 22lr. But I reload everything else.
I was at store thursday nights, the knife/gun section was a little more crowded than normal but it' also around that time of year. The hunting rounds looked a little thin but not like you couldn't find what you wanted.
Old 11-11-2012, 15:12   #12
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael e View Post
Only thing I am having issue with is 22lr. But I reload everything else.
I was at store thursday nights, the knife/gun section was a little more crowded than normal but it' also around that time of year. The hunting rounds looked a little thin but not like you couldn't find what you wanted.
Obama sure is good for guns/ammo sales.
Old 11-11-2012, 15:15   #13
mastrbloata

Send a message via Yahoo to mastrbloata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
Brother, you ain't lying. So many people here I'm noticing seem genuinley surprised that this is happening. Folks, you just don't have all the people that are paranoid that they'll never get guns and ammo again, you have to factor in all the people that got caught short the last time! That's a lot of what this is because they remember not being able to get ammo for 6 to 18 months and the subsequent price increases. If you had any, any doubt in your mind that this would happen again if this guy won, I have to agree that you do deserve to pay the big prices. Come on guys, if you've been involved with this stuff any longer than four years, you knew perfectly well what was going to happen should it come to pass that this man would win again.
Old 11-11-2012, 15:53   #14
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentguy View Post
CanyonMan,
Same up north here along the Great Lakes (Ohio), went to a large Hunting/Fishing equipment store. They have a huge selection of guns & ammo... and still do! Some of the smaller stores are a little thin on their inventory but not everybody.

Certain brands of guns and styles are flying off the shelf like the AR15 or cheaper carbines. After talking with 2 friends of my who own gun stores they feel that this go-around with Obama, folks are pretty well stocked - except those who are arriving late to the party.

223's seem to be a hot item these days, but I have seem plenty on the shelves around here.

Good to know y'all still got ammo !

Again, this happens with Clinton, and ow Obamanation, and I understand I guess. I just don't panic !

Stay safe up there amigo !

CanyonMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 11-11-2012, 15:58   #15
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
sgammo had 22 1000 round cases of Ranger-T 9mm 127+P+ a few days ago. All gone as of today. It will be interesting to see how fast sgammo gets stock back in.

As far as prices go, I'm not seeing any increases.

There are plenty of people out there that truly believe now that Obama has nothing to lose that he will simply ban things with the stroke of a pen on an Executive Order.

Yes. I must admit I really agree with this statement. Not just in the realm of ammo/guns etc, but 'bigger things' popping up through his little muslim mind that set our Nation at risk !

Nuff said.. I agree with ya pard on a real broad span of things to come !

Stay safe all..

CanyonMan

Old 11-11-2012, 16:44   #16
Henry's Dad
woof, woof

Went to a decent sized gun show today at Split Rock Lodge in the Poconos. Was expecting a mob scene and perhaps some price gouging, but it was just like every GS I've been to.

I saw a few people buying by the case, and I had no luck locating .357 sig ammo (none that I wanted, anyway), but several vendors had a nice supply of Federal HST in 40 and 45, prices for a box of 50 ranging from $28-$40. And this was on the Sunday of a Sat-Sun show.

The only line at the door was a separate one for private sellers needing to get their guns zip-tied before entering. So there were lots of people selling, but I didn't see any more buying than usual. I wasn't selling, so I had zero wait in the general admissions line.

Maybe PA isn't as panicked about BHO 2.0 since they helped reelect him with 52% of the vote.
Old 11-11-2012, 17:20   #17
Kentguy

Henry's Dad,

All this past elections proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that here - today - in the United States of America - There is no shortage of stupid people!
Old 11-11-2012, 17:23   #18
Kalmah
Supreme Member

Can't really understand the panic buying. Obama was always ahead in the polls, so his victory shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.

If you're just now thinking, "Gee, I better stock up on ammo." You're way behind the curve.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:23   #19
collim1
Shower Time!

I noticed it too. I picked a bad time to be running low on ammo. All the good stuff for bulk purchases is gone.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:21   #20
Beretta92guy

Ammo is the least of our worries. Better save up that cash for the higher health insurance premiums, prescription drug and doctor co-pays, Medicare taxes and a crapload of other stuff that obuma is going to make us pay for. .......panic buying ammo and anything else is a non-priority. At least for me it is...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Closed Thread