Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-20-2013, 20:48   #1
BEER
bad example

over 5 million women in this country are battered...

and all this time i've been eating mine plain. i didn't even know you could fry them.

sorry, had to try to make light of a situation i'm about to be thrown ass deep into. for 3 weeks i've been telling Girl to call the authorities but she's saying they've been called before and it's useless. now the chick in trouble is literally afraid for her life and paralyzed with fear.

i've done my best to not get involved but i have this horrible feeling that Girl is gonna get stupid and as soon as this dude looks at her crosseyed i'm gonna come unglued and take him apart like a lego set. i have a real issue with female reproductive organs that beat women as it is, but if he so much as flinches towards the woman i worship his life is going to get very interesting very quickly. we're talking like 'nurse" will become the most important word in his vocabulary type of interesting.

i know i need to restrain myself and i'm pretty sure i will, and i'll do the right and legal thing, but man i wish this had gone down like 15 years ago when life was simpler.

please ladies i don't care what your "issues" are, whether they be low self esteem, daddy issues, financial, or otherwise, for the sake of all the real men in your life get over said issues and get away from these sad sacks. he dosen't beat you because he loves you, he's not sorry he did it, and it's not your fault. he's just a spineless little stub of a man and you can do better.

most importantly though for the love of God GET TO KNOW A MAN FOR MORE THAN A MONTH OR 2 BEFORE YOU MOVE IN WITH THEM!!

this rant has been brought to you by the untied coalition of real men of the known universe. that is all, carry on.
Old 01-20-2013, 20:50   #2
jmarkt

abuse

Although i dont agree with abuse against women.....i do understand it...
jmarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 20:53   #3
Huaco Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER View Post
and all this time i've been eating mine plain. i didn't even know you could fry them.

Keyboard. You owe me one.

(I once showed my daughter's "friend" (when she was in high school) the friendly end of a hockey stick. He deserved it. His knee probably still doesn't work right. She never saw, or heard, from him again.)
Huaco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 21:32   #4
DaGump
CLM Number 158
Enigma

I've taken a very proactive role to assure that my daughter does not fall into that trap. She has high self esteem stemming from being a straight A student, a fantastic pianist, and an amazing artist. She's also been training in martial arts for several years. A man couldn't break her spirit, and if any man tried to break her body...I'd want a good seat to watch.
-Lazarus Long
DaGump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 21:51   #5
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I raised my three daughters to think highly of themselves and to require their men to do so too.

Girls/women have no reason to fear men because of physical strength, and should take steps to ensure their own safety in this "new world". Equality should mean what the dictionary says it is supposed to.

Then, I bought them guns and paid for training and concealed carry permits. We are having a "Family and close friend neighbor" permit renewal fest in a month. Second 5 year event.

It's a large family get together since we all are up for renewal at the same time.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 22:04   #6
Hines57
Simple Member

OP, it will end badly. You sound like you are going to get drug into a no win situation. Not sure I understand the part about you "worshiping" this girl, but it doesn't sound good.
Hines57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 22:07   #7
BEER
bad example

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines57 View Post
OP, it will end badly. You sound like you are going to get drug into a no win situation. Not sure I understand the part about you "worshiping" this girl, but it doesn't sound good.

i worship her on the grounds that i treat her like any other man would treat their wife. i mean the woman i am currently with mind you, not the girl that is in the abusive relationship, that is a whole seperate woman that i've never met.

i know it could end badly, and i am going to do my best to avoid getting directly involved, but i think my girl will against my advice and council. she's a good woman but stubborn as a fence post sometimes.

Last edited by BEER; 01-20-2013 at 22:09..
BEER is offline   Reply With Quote