Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-13-2012, 23:26   #181
Electrikkoolaid
Grape flavored!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
In the 1770s, it was mostly BYOG (bring your own gun). They didn't have email or even phones. Yet, somehow they managed to defeat the most powerful military force on the planet (England). And, they did it with small arms.
The British were using technology essentially equal to the Colonists. Greater numbers, yes, but long guns and cannons were more or less evenly matched.

Anyone who thinks they can run around the woods these days playing "MinuteMan" (with Grandpa's old 30-40 Krag deer rifle) is going to end up a greasy spot on the ground when a Predator drone smokes them from 40,000 feet.

Anyone who points to insurgents in the middle east standing up to the US forgets the military has had restraints in how aggressive they could be in the midst of civilian populations, and that these insurgents are supplied by outside forces.

When the gloves come off, and civilians are commonly targeted, the bulldozers will quickly erase any lingering PR problems with those new policies.

Is Canada going to supply mortar shells for Patriots to make IEDs from when the Blue Hats come calling? Probably not.
Old 11-13-2012, 23:37   #182
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikkoolaid View Post
Anyone who points to insurgents in the middle east standing up to the US forgets the military has had restraints in how aggressive they could be in the midst of civilian populations, and that these insurgents are supplied by outside forces.

When the gloves come off, and civilians are commonly targeted, the bulldozers will quickly erase any lingering PR problems with those new policies.
Wow .

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 11-13-2012 at 23:40..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 23:42   #183
PzGren

What a question?!

Of course I would muster the civil obedience and turn my guns in. I follow all laws to the tittle, never even got a parking ticket.

General Firearms Forum
PzGren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:06   #184
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikkoolaid View Post
The British were using technology essentially equal to the Colonists. Greater numbers, yes, but long guns and cannons were more or less evenly matched.

Anyone who thinks they can run around the woods these days playing "MinuteMan" (with Grandpa's old 30-40 Krag deer rifle) is going to end up a greasy spot on the ground when a Predator drone smokes them from 40,000 feet.

Is Canada going to supply mortar shells for Patriots to make IEDs from when the Blue Hats come calling? Probably not.
Colorful fantasy. There aren't enough drones (nor enough money for the missiles) to take out millions of Patriots. It would be logistically impossible for our own military to emerge victorious over our citizens. I'll refer you again to the Samuel Adams quote. Good luck!
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:22   #185
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzGren View Post
What a question?!

Of course I would muster the civil obedience and turn my guns in. I follow all laws to the tittle, never even got a parking ticket.

General Firearms Forum
Only 130 mph?

Old 11-14-2012, 08:52   #186
Bruce M

I do wonder how many people would actually resist and would resistance be on a (well ordered) group basis or by individuals.

Of course I am also slightly skeptical of the ability of one person armed with only a handgun because they are not at home and not near their car to be able to fend off an entire tactical team. My guess is that sort of thing works better in movies and internet discussions and perhaps not quite as well in real life. I also wonder if faced with overwhelming odds at what point does the action go from a blazing act of martyrdom to a foolish act of suicide.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:58   #187
M&P15T
Beard One

Just in case anyone was wondering:

Yes, we're all on "The List" now.

And some of us have our names highlighted and underlined for what we've posted in this thread.

I'm completely serious about this, I'm not making a tinfoil hat or anything.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:09   #188
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
I do wonder how many people would actually resist and would resistance be on a (well ordered) group basis or by individuals.

Of course I am also slightly skeptical of the ability of one person armed with only a handgun because they are not at home and not near their car to be able to fend off an entire tactical team. My guess is that sort of thing works better in movies and internet discussions and perhaps not quite as well in real life. I also wonder if faced with overwhelming odds at what point does the action go from a blazing act of martyrdom to a foolish act of suicide.
If it was to the point that they were actually carrying out these confiscations then going to work would fall way down on my list of things to do. What I would do is start loading my magazines with the steel core ammo for those that are wearing vests. I would also get organized with other gun owners that want to make a stand for freedom. Those that don't want to fight for their freedom had better stay out of the way or become casualties of war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Just in case anyone was wondering:

Yes, we're all on "The List" now.

And some of us have our names highlighted and underlined for what we've posted in this thread.

I'm completely serious about this, I'm not making a tinfoil hat or anything.
Those are the ones that they need to worry about the most, and for good reason

Besides, it'll be easier if they come to us instead of us having to go to them.

TGG
Kalashnikov Klub #4519
OD G19 - LOTS of AKs - Only ONE AR....but it's a Colt!
NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!
The_Gun_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:55   #189
cajun_chooter

government wants people to be "sheep" and not resist..
when citizens don't own guns.. they become slaves..

do you think the present reigning "dictator" will stop at just
confiscating our guns? HARDLY.. we will become another 3rd world nation ... NO FREEDOMS, NO RIGHTS.. NO ELECTIONS.. he probably will use executive order before the next 4 years and become the U.S . first permanent president.. (uh dictator)
cajun_chooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:01   #190
Bruce M

And what happens if they put a few people undercover into the resistance?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:14   #191
Tango 1Zero

We have been on a list for years. NRA members, Gun owners etc etc.
Just depends on how paranoid you want to get. This Obamacare crap had gun clauses in it.
I cant find the links for it, can anybody here? The guy that gave our CCW class read it word for word. He said the lawyers had it stripped out at the last minute once it was found.

Would we put up with confiscation again in a natural dissaster? You cant wait on it to come to your door.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:26   #192
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
Only 130 mph?

Child's play

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 11-14-2012, 16:40   #193
scattershot

So.... Several folks have mentioned katrina and the gun confiscation in New Orleans, but how did the jackbooted thugs know who had the guns? I'm sure they were too busy to do a house to house search, so how did they find them?
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 16:45   #194
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
So.... Several folks have mentioned katrina and the gun confiscation in New Orleans, but how did the jackbooted thugs know who had the guns? I'm sure they were too busy to do a house to house search, so how did they find them?

In the video I posted government agents entered a home against the will of the homeowner, then proceeded to forcibly disarm and remove said homeowner...injuring her in the process.

It happened.

Old 11-14-2012, 16:45   #195
Lord

just from her picture, she looks like a ****
Old 11-14-2012, 16:59   #196
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
I don't know, but I've certainly met a lot of varied people who have built up tiny stockpiles in the past couple years who never did before. There are a lot of unemployed, underemployed, and retired people in this country right now with little left to lose. Having said that, history doesn't favor mass resistance actually materializing in other countries.

Last edited by GAFinch; 11-14-2012 at 16:59..
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 17:02   #197
carbuncle
is not cool.

All my guns were stolen last weekend. I meant to report it, but got sidetracked. With stuff.
Old 11-14-2012, 17:04   #198
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
Some of the people evacuating had their guns with them
(they weren't going to leave them behind for the looters). They were in areas where looting was taking place and were approached by the local LEO's, questioned and disarmed for "safety" reasons.

GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 20:12   #199
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
How well did that confiscation process go? How many guns did they get? How widespread was it?

Sure you can get a couple guns, but you can't take 'em from the USA.
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 20:16   #200
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post
How well did that confiscation process go? How many guns did they get? How widespread was it?

Sure you can get a couple guns, but you can't take 'em from the USA.
They went well enough to seemingly get every gun they tried for.

We don't know how many they got because they didn't record them.

We aren't sure how widespread it was...but it was far, FAR too much, regardless.

If they can take them there, why not anywhere else?