SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-13-2012, 17:10   #1
Ruggles

For You SA Revolver Guys & Gals

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/ra...gun-set-c3959/

I would get a few hip holsters, and some shoulder rigs and carry all 5 at once Clint Eastwood style
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 17:14   #2
bac1023

Very nice

I've seen some cool stuff for sale on that site, though I never bought anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 17:19   #3
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Very nice

I've seen some cool stuff for sale on that site, though I never bought anything.
Expensive. But as well stocked as any gun store in the country I would guess. If you are ever in Houston stop by just to check it out. It's like a gun store / museum in a lot of ways. It really is worth the time if you like both modern and antique firearms.

I have bought a number of things from them, paid more than I had to I would guess but most were harder to find firearms.
Old 12-13-2012, 18:03   #4
bac1023

I've been on the site quite a bit this year, but never "pulled the trigger" on anything.

There are a few handguns that I'm contemplating on there right now, actually.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-13-2012, 18:08   #5
Ruggles

Quote:
I've been on the site quite a bit this year, but never "pulled the trigger" on anything.

There are a few handguns that I'm contemplating on there right now, actually.
Well the price is the only thing about them that I would call to light. If you are willing to pay more to get more hard to find guns or used guns in better condition than normal (and I am) it would be a great place to buy from.

They are stand up guys and have always dealt with me fairly over the last 7-8 years I have done business there.

They claim 10,000 guns in stock, I don't doubt them honestly.

They even have a heck of a nice book (again having harder to find examples) section dealing with firearm, military and history books

Last edited by Ruggles; 12-13-2012 at 18:10..
Old 12-13-2012, 18:14   #6
bac1023

Thanks Ruggles.

Well, the couple I'm looking at seem like they are priced fairly, considering I never really see others to compare them with.

I do like the fact that you can just call and buy the stuff, unlike the auction sights where you need to deal with a third party all the time. That's a hassle.

Are they good about getting stuff off the site once it sells or might I be looking at inventory that's already gone?

Old 12-13-2012, 18:28   #7
Ruggles

Quote:
Thanks Ruggles.

Well, the couple I'm looking at seem like they are priced fairly, considering I never really see others to compare them with.

I do like the fact that you can just call and buy the stuff, unlike the auction sights where you need to deal with a third party all the time. That's a hassle.

Are they good about getting stuff off the site once it sells or might I be looking at inventory that's already gone?
I would say they are about at least 85%+ instock of what they have listed. They turn a lot of guns from what I have seen while there. They are very well staffed so they answer the phones very quickly so you can call and ask. I do not ever remember seeing less than 10 guys working the counters anytime I have ever been there. It a very active shop. They have guys who seem to specialize in certain types/eras of firearms so that can be a bonus too when dealing with them.

Knowing your 1911ness they carry about 25-30 Brown, Wilson, Nighthawk, Baer etc 1911s instock. It is a pretty and damn sexy case to gander at They also have a production case of 1911, new and used with 50-60 1911s in it. Not nearly as sexy, but a whole lot better than their poly gun cases

I have been checking online there, I swear next Walther P5 they get in I am gonna get

Last edited by Ruggles; 12-13-2012 at 18:29..
Old 12-13-2012, 18:43   #8
bac1023

Thanks Ruggles

If you want a P5, get one soon. I'm amazed how much they have gone up in value over the last 4 or 5 years.

Old 12-13-2012, 19:04   #9
Ruggles

Quote:
Thanks Ruggles

If you want a P5, get one soon. I'm amazed how much they have gone up in value over the last 4 or 5 years.
Almost did...twice, even went down to Collectors and ogled a compact version ....back out last second. Should not have

Let me know what you buy
Old 12-13-2012, 19:52   #10
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Almost did...twice, even went down to Collectors and ogled a compact version ....back out last second. Should not have

Let me know what you buy
Will do

The P5 Compact sells for even more.