SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:17   #126
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

If the Cop wasn't wearing his hat it will get thrown out of court.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Well are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:51   #127
pipedreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Okay, you've had a couple days to sober up. I cannot find the state law that says that. How about helping out with a link to that provision of the law?

Thanks...

I'm still waiting for that reply too. I can't find any mention of that in the code.

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:12   #128
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Okay, you've had a couple days to sober up. I cannot find the state law that says that. How about helping out with a link to that provision of the law?

Thanks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipedreams View Post
I'm still waiting for that reply too. I can't find any mention of that in the code.
I read the code again last night and still cannot find that...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 14:24   #129
barres

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
No. The one state you'd figure would be the most pro-gun in the entire country, and you can't open carry. Oh, and don't even think about printing, or accidentally exposing your gun, like if your shirt lifts up. Both will get you in serious trouble, and is equivalent to open carry, from what I gather. At least in florida you're allowed to print, and if your shirt lifts up and exposes your gun, like if you're reaching to the top shelf for something, nobody cares. The problem is that the legislature meets every two years, and only for 140 days, and they're so busy with the budget and other ****, that they don't have time to discuss open carry. It was on the table last session, but they didn't do anything with it. Hopefully this session they'll allow it.
I don't know where you get this hogwash. You must intentionally fail to conceal to be guilty of an offense. Printing or the wind blowing your cover garment over your CCW is not intentional. Anything that starts with or contains accidentally is not intentional.

Texas Penal Code §46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.

Barre

Last edited by barres; 11-15-2012 at 14:24..
barres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 15:43   #130
TK-421

Delete, see below comment.

Last edited by TK-421; 11-15-2012 at 15:56..
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 15:56   #131
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by barres View Post
I don't know where you get this hogwash. You must intentionally fail to conceal to be guilty of an offense. Printing or the wind blowing your cover garment over your CCW is not intentional. Anything that starts with or contains accidentally is not intentional.

Texas Penal Code §46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.
Alright, you're right, I'm wrong, my bad, I'm sorry.

Just called up the police non-emergency number, and the guy I talked to said that as long as you're not intentionally showing it off, you're fine. He said that if you're wearing a coat and a gust of wind blows it open, and it shows for a second, it's fine. I asked if I reached to the top shelf in a grocery store and my shirt lifted up and exposed my firearm, then it's fine. As long as it's accidental, and I'm not intentionally showing it off, it's fine. And he said that if someone complains and the cops talk to you, just explain that it was accidental, you were reaching for something or a gust of wind blew your coat open, show them your CHL, and everything should be fine.

Thanks for questioning my comment, it got me to do some research and make a phone call, and now I'm better informed and not so worried about printing or accidentally exposing my firearm.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 17:02   #132
Thumpernator

TK-421.....You may now go back to your post.

Good job.
Thumpernator is offline   Reply With Quote