Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:23   #251
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
"Should..." is you opinion only.
And the opinion of anyone interested in liberty and a free market. I realize both of these run contrary to your political objectives.

Quote:
Very happily, what what a company is permitted to do, and what it is prohibited from doing is entirely determined law. And... if 11/6 is any indicator, employers are in for a bumpy ride. Tough. They earned it. They have every right to it. And nobody is going to take it away from them. Fasten your seatbelts.
Your Marxist revolution is well underway, Bruce. Celebrate!
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:23   #252
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat1950 View Post
Like I said from day 1 they know me, including my attitude towards their responsibilities for their job and the policies of MY company, so we do not have people making suggestions that they know is against my policy, we have a very tight team all on the same wave length and working together.

Oh by the way it took many years for me to achieve this goal, and only possible after firing all the whiners, dissidents, including all the people with inferiority complexes against authority and the wealth that accompanies it.

And there folks is the absolute reality, from someone who has been there and done it.

Take away his freedom to hire and fire as he sees fit and he will have less employment opportunity to offer to employees.
Leave him to run his business as he will and he prospers, spreading prosperity in his wake, to the benefit of others.

Anyone who does not understand that this is the foundation on which this nation was built needs a history lesson.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY

Last edited by Atlas; 11-13-2012 at 12:08..
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:28   #253
DanaT
Pharaoh

And what Bruce doesnt understand with his coming "regulation" employers are not stupid. When they see a train wreck coming, they will axe employees early on to make sure the dead weight is gone. More over, since they are panicked, they will cut a little more fat than required just to be safe. It will actually hurt employees more than help them.

I am three days away from deciding whether to close shop in USA and get rid of USA employees due to the coming costs of Obama care and fiscal cliff after the election. I hope I dont have to do it, but it may come to that.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:31   #254
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
And what Bruce doesnt understand with his coming "regulation" employers are not stupid. When they see a train wreck coming, they will axe employees early on to make sure the dead weight is gone. More over, since they are panicked, they will cut a little more fat than required just to be safe. It will actually hurt employees more than help them.

I am three days away from deciding whether to close shop in USA and get rid of USA employees due to the coming costs of Obama care and fiscal cliff after the election. I hope I dont have to do it, but it may come to that.
It would be nice if you could just fire the employees who voted for Obama.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:35   #255
Z71bill

Quote:
And... if 11/6 is any indicator, employers are in for a bumpy ride. Tough. They earned it. They have every right to it.
The truth is -

If you really hurt the organizations that employ people -

Tax them - burden them with regulations - whatever - it does not matter why you hurt them - even if it is with good intentions -

They will be less likely to hire people - more likely to lay people off

Less likely to invest in --

new plant and equipment
training
technology
R&D

What many folks seem to think it is some zero sum game - where you can just divide up the pie -

Hurting business shrinks the pie - the folks that lose the most - get even smaller bites of the remaining pie - are the employees.

Just ask - how many employees does a company that is shrinking add to the payroll?

How big of a raise do the employees get when business is cutting back and shrinking?

Why do you want policies that hurt the employees?

Do you hate the owners so much that hurting them is worth higher unemployment & lower wages for the employees?

Last edited by Z71bill; 11-13-2012 at 09:40..
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:37   #256
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71bill View Post
The truth is -

If you really hurt the organizations that employ people -

Tax them - burden them with regulations - whatever - it does not matter why you hurt them - even if it is good intentions -

They will be less likely to hire people - more likely to lay people off

Less likely to invest in --

new plant and equipment
training
technology
R&D

What many folks seem to think it is some zero sum game - where you can just divide up the pie -

Hurting business shrinks the pie - the folks that lose the most - get even smaller bites of the remaining pie - are the employees.

Just ask - how many employees does a company that is shrinking add to the payroll?

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY

Last edited by Atlas; 11-13-2012 at 09:39..
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40   #257
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annhl8rX View Post
I agree completely. Unfortunately, unions and lawsuits have made it so that employers almost need a court order to fire someone. That keeps a lot of people in jobs they shouldn't be doing.
Teachers...
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:10   #258
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Those who are employed by a company have every right to act in their own best interest and to do so even if it gets up the nose of the employer.
Shall I explain how this works???

Quote:
From time to time I've sold items on-line. Those who want and item pay the price states. Those who are just wasting their time offering their price get to have the fun of wasting their time.

In stores I frequent I will from time to time notice an item that has been on the shelf/in the sales case for a long period of time. From time to time I will get to talking with the owner and see if they are open to a offer. And, from time to time, that owner and I come to a meeting of the minds. He gets paid. I take the item home.

That is how I ended up buying a Seiko chronograph for $78 rather than a Citizen. Guess they'd had the Seiko long enough. Cool. That is also how I ended up buying a S&W 21-4 NIB for $525 OTD. It had sat in the dealers case for almost three years when I chanced to find the store and go inside. Guess he was tired of looking at it. I was pleased take it home. At that price, I'd have taken two or three of them home!
So Mr Bruce wants to be the capitalist who shoves his prices down peoples throats yet when it comes time for him to buy, screw'em.

It seems we have found greedy one in our midst that just want to steal hard earned money from the little guy and then tries to steal money from the little guy running a shop.

I had envisioned Bruce to be much different and actually walked the walk, but alas he has let me down. My world is crushed.
2x4=8, not 14.

Last edited by DanaT; 11-13-2012 at 10:10..
Old 11-13-2012, 10:59   #259
guns54
toni

Quote:
Well then.

You should write me a check (with sufficient funds) for $250,000.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Its on its way. Have a nice day.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:09   #260
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns54 View Post
Its on its way. Have a nice day.
Can I give you wire details to my Swiss bank account instead? And just how much do you think I am joking about the Swiss bank account?

2x4=8, not 14.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:09   #261
Hef
Stop Obammunism

Quote:
"Should..." is you opinion only. Very happily, what what a company is permitted to do, and what it is prohibited from doing is entirely determined law. And... if 11/6 is any indicator, employers are in for a bumpy ride. Tough. They earned it. They have every right to it. And nobody is going to take it away from them. Fasten your seatbelts.
Your point of view is typical of the laziest people I've fired. They show up late, slack off whenever they can, leave early, etc. The only time they show up on time and work is on a pay day.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:10   #262
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Can I give you wire details to my Swiss bank account instead? And just how much do you think I am joking about the Swiss bank account?

I can give you the IBAN number and it should be there in the morning

2x4=8, not 14.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:40   #263
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hef View Post
Your point of view is typical of the laziest people I've fired. They show up late, slack off whenever they can, leave early, etc. The only time they show up on time and work is on a pay day.
Exactly why at will employment is a beautiful thing.
Roger1079 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:50   #264
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Slug71, reading just a small part of what you've posted - you must be the only person in the world who is surprised you got fired. Getting rid of employees like you is exactly why employers need at will employment. If you are coming to the table with no unique or valuable skills and expecting a pay check, don't be surprised when people expect you to, at least, do your job right. If not, you are easily replaced.

Guess what, it's also to the advantage of good employees - now your space is open for somebody who won't cause problems and break rules, so the employer can get his money's worth.
What?
Break rules? Where did I break rules?
I had 100% attendance. My stats were on par with people that have been in the industry much longer than I have.
I went in on my days off to finish cases on my dime and get the civil fines out.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:57   #265
Slug71

Quote:
Let me ask a simple question. Since you were in LP you probably had access to security video of the parking lot. Did you take a pro-active approach and help management out by retrieving video of the suspected sex incident in the parking lot to see if it even happened? Were you proactive in helping management?
I wasn't allowed to. The video was looked up immediately after I was fired. But thats what the manager called down for the day before and had my partner go up and get briefed.

They did call me and ask to print out a pic of the male for the police, which I did.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 11-13-2012, 12:06   #266
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
I wasn't allowed to. The video was looked up immediately after I was fired. But thats what the manager called down for the day before and had my partner go up and get briefed.

They did call me and ask to print out a pic of the male for the police, which I did.
Why did they call you and not print it out themselves?

2x4=8, not 14.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:07   #267
Slug71

Quote:
Why did they call you and not print it out themselves?

Only we are able to print pictures from the surveillance systems.

Management and the Police were up in the managers office still talking to the girl and taking statements.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571

Last edited by Slug71; 11-13-2012 at 12:08..
Old 11-13-2012, 12:09   #268
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:

I am not understanding. Your partner saw the video the day before?

Did you mention to anyone that you were upset that your partner was briefed about the sex incident and you werent? Sometimes a little communication helps resolve situations.

2x4=8, not 14.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:11   #269
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Only we are able to print pictures from the surveillance systems.

Management and the Police were up in the managers office still talking to the girl and taking statements.
Ahhh. So you were still employed t the time. Got it.

Did you know the girl? Did your partner? Sometimes girls are more comfortable saying things like this in front of people they know / trust better.

2x4=8, not 14.

Last edited by DanaT; 11-13-2012 at 12:13..
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21   #270
Slug71

Quote:
Ahhh. So you were still employed t the time. Got it.

Did you know the girl? Did your partner? Sometimes girls are more comfortable saying things like this in front of people they know / trust better.

Yeh the girl reported it to management/police on the 21st. I was fired on the 22nd. When the manager called down to brief us, my partner only had an hour left of his shift and was off for the next two days. Thats why we both thought it was odd of the manager to change her mind and have my partner go up to be briefed instead of her coming down to brief both of us.

Yeh we knew the girl. Didn't have an issue with the girl going to management since that is a management issue rather than a security one.
Just had an issue with management briefing my partner and not me since I was the one that would be having to work the case for the rest of the day/next two days.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 11-13-2012, 12:37   #271
DanaT
Pharaoh

You finally said why you were terminated.

A report such as she was making was NOT any of your business. You may have wanted to be in the know and you made that clear. A personal issue is between management/employee/HR. You were loss prevention.

As you know much if retail theft is committed by employees. Why would they possibly have an issue with some employees parking using special exits? You do realize that others are watching you also suspecting you are a potential their and one of the people who can do it easiest. When you get upset about parking a car were theft is easier, what would you think if you were management?

Add to that this incident. Maybe the girl was reporting about YOU and that is why you weren't there. Then when you get upset about not being in there, it appears that you wanted to be there to intimidate or make sure your story matched what she said. Maybe she accused you of knowing but not saying anything?

And after the other episodes, you were not looking good.

Really think about it. And then go back to what I said about management time dealing with you.

2x4=8, not 14.
Old 11-13-2012, 13:01   #272
Slug71

Quote:
You finally said why you were terminated.

A report such as she was making was NOT any of your business. You may have wanted to be in the know and you made that clear. A personal issue is between management/employee/HR. You were loss prevention.

As you know much if retail theft is committed by employees. Why would they possibly have an issue with some employees parking using special exits? You do realize that others are watching you also suspecting you are a potential their and one of the people who can do it easiest. When you get upset about parking a car were theft is easier, what would you think if you were management?

Add to that this incident. Maybe the girl was reporting about YOU and that is why you weren't there. Then when you get upset about not being in there, it appears that you wanted to be there to intimidate or make sure your story matched what she said. Maybe she accused you of knowing but not saying anything?

And after the other episodes, you were not looking good.

Really think about it. And then go back to what I said about management time dealing with you.

WE gather the surveillance footage. Like I said, it was gathered the next day. Footage was obtained of the two of them exiting the store that day as well as of them parked at the back of the parking lot like she said. Knowing was part of our job to obtain footage. Which is why my partner was briefed.
Also, if he gets termed, WE would trespass him.

We parked at the back for reasons already mentioned and have been doing so for over a year.

Lol. That could be but I know it wasn't since I had to print his pic and my partner briefed me. Besides rumors started as soon as she went to report it to management by two girls who knew what happened.
He's been messing with girls there as long as I can remember. One of which was also underage at the time a while back. He's been under investigation and suspended for bullying previously too.
I told management back then to get rid of him and that he was bad news.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571

Last edited by Slug71; 11-13-2012 at 13:05..
Old 11-13-2012, 13:17   #273
Roger1079

Quote:
Yeh the girl reported it to management/police on the 21st. I was fired on the 22nd. When the manager called down to brief us, my partner only had an hour left of his shift and was off for the next two days. Thats why we both thought it was odd of the manager to change her mind and have my partner go up to be briefed instead of her coming down to brief both of us.

Yeh we knew the girl. Didn't have an issue with the girl going to management since that is a management issue rather than a security one.
Just had an issue with management briefing my partner and not me since I was the one that would be having to work the case for the rest of the day/next two days.
Sounds like they had already made the decision to get rid of you on the 21st, hence why they were oddly briefing your partner who was off the next couple days rather than you. I think DanaT nailed it, you just wont see it from the logical perspective.
Roger1079 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 13:19   #274
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
WE gather the surveillance footage. Like I said, it was gathered the next day. Footage was obtained of the two of them exiting the store that day as well as of them parked at the back of the parking lot like she said. Knowing was part of our job to obtain footage. Which is why my partner was briefed.
Also, if he gets termed, WE would trespass him.

We parked at the back for reasons already mentioned and have been doing so for over a year.

Lol. That could be but I know it wasn't since I had to print his pic and my partner briefed me. Besides rumors started as soon as she went to report it to management by two girls who knew what happened.
He's been messing with girls there as long as I can remember. One of which was also underage at the time a while back. He's been under investigation and suspended for bullying previously too.
I told management back then to get rid of him and that he was bad news.
Ironic that you talk about rumors, wanting someone fired, and yet think employment at will is bad.

You also fail to see the drama that surrounded you during your employment. These episodes just brought it out more obviously.

2x4=8, not 14.
Old 11-13-2012, 13:33   #275
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1079 View Post
Sounds like they had already made the decision to get rid of you on the 21st, hence why they were oddly briefing your partner who was off the next couple days rather than you.
Agreed.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571