GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 05:29   #126
686Owner
NRA Life Member
 
686Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 8,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by dac1204 View Post
Not saying that I do or do not believe in big foot. All I am saying is that the time and date stamp on that camera must be wrong because it would not be dark at 5:55pm in September unless this was not in the US.
Could be Alaska. Bigfoot is still fake though.
__________________
My Gun Photos
686Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:29   #127
686Owner
NRA Life Member
 
686Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 8,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiGregg View Post
Those bigfeets know you have a camera, just like they know what guns are.
I will hide it, just like he hid the guns.
__________________
My Gun Photos
686Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:12   #128
Hyksos
Senior Member
 
Hyksos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jupiter/Miami, FL
Posts: 1,749
Well I exif'ed Kozal's photo but as I suspected he didn't take it with a smartphone. Thus, there is no GPS tagging embedded in the photo. So there goes that.

Or it lost the geotag through being uploaded to GT. Either way, no dice.
__________________
Spes mea in deo est

Last edited by Hyksos; 11-20-2012 at 07:14..
Hyksos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:38   #129
Kilrain
Señor Member
 
Kilrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: On the road to Shambala
Posts: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyksos View Post
Well I exif'ed Kozal's photo but as I suspected he didn't take it with a smartphone. Thus, there is no GPS tagging embedded in the photo. So there goes that.

Or it lost the geotag through being uploaded to GT. Either way, no dice.
Perhaps bigfoot removed the metadata to prevent his apparent location from being discerned?
__________________
For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

- Sterling Archer
Kilrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:47   #130
Tango 1Zero
Senior Member
 
Tango 1Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: OH
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
Perhaps bigfoot removed the metadata to prevent his apparent location from being discerned?
Typical Squatch behavior!
__________________
Gun Owners of America Life Member
Tango 1Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:49   #131
vart
Senior Member
 
vart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Moscow, ID
Posts: 16,772


Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
Do y'all believe in Santa also??
Of course not. I also don't believe in Chupacabra, Jersey Devil, or a bunch of other mythical creatures.

The physical and scientific evidence for bigfoot exists. The infamous Patterson film has never been debunked and the technology to create a "monkey suit" that convincing did not exist in the late 60's.

There are foot print casts that anthropoligists have confirmed are genuine and contain details such as dermal ridges and lack of instep that are consistent with a large primate.

There are thousands of eye witness accounts from credible folks such as policemen, game wardens, etc.

There are photos like the one previously shown in the thread that are unexplainable.

The bigfoot believers can offer all of this to support the likelihood of such a creature, and all the non-believers can offer is childish insults and jokes.

I met the infamous Grover Krantz when I was a teenager as he lived a few miles from me.

He was one of the few academics who was not swayed by the stigma of researching the existance of such a creature...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grover_Krantz

Quote:
After seeing footage stills of the Patterson-Gimlin film which appeared on the February 1968 cover of Argosy, Krantz was skeptical, believing the film to be an elaborate hoax, saying "it looked to me like someone wearing a gorilla suit"[7] and "I gave Sasquatch only a 10 percent chance of being real."[8] After years of skepticism, Krantz finally became convinced of Bigfoot's existence after analyzing the "Cripplefoot" plaster casts gathered at Bossburg, Washington in December 1969. Krantz later studied the Patterson-Gimlin film in full, and after taking notice of the creature's peculiar gait and purported anatomical features, such as flexing leg muscles, he changed his mind and became an advocate of its authenticity.[7]
__________________
Okie -

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:56   #132
vart
Senior Member
 
vart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Moscow, ID
Posts: 16,772


Photo of bigfoot cast showing detail:

The Okie Corral
__________________
Okie -

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:49   #133
nmk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by vart View Post
Photo of bigfoot cast showing detail:

The Okie Corral
Your description of the photo is inaccurate and it shows your bias.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:54   #134
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: N.W. Lower Michigan
Posts: 3,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post
Your description of the photo is inaccurate and it shows your bias.
That's the new scientific method--make a conclusion, then look for data to fit it.
__________________
Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment.

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
oldgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:01   #135
Panglоss
I am the NRA
 
Panglоss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 80
In this case it is valid to say that "absence of evidence proves evidence of absence".

Sorry, but eye witnesses and alleged video tapes of "something" are not hard evidence. Evidence would be a decomposing body, some pieces of bone, or something in the fossil record. If bigfoot exists, surely someone would have found this by now.

I mean it doesn't take long, spending time in the woods, to find hard physical evidence of moose, bear, and any other animal out there. Because eventually they die, and at least parts of their bodies will typically remain to be found.

But maybe bigfoot is an immortal, extra-dimensional time traveler and exists outside of this realm's known laws of physics and biology.
Panglоss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:19   #136
vart
Senior Member
 
vart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Moscow, ID
Posts: 16,772


Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post
Your description of the photo is inaccurate and it shows your bias.
What are you talking about? My description was that it was a photo of a bigfoot cast showing detail.

It is indeed a purported cast of a bigfoot print that is showing dermal ridges and other details nearly impossible to fake.

http://voices.yahoo.com/texas-bigfoo...75.html?cat=58

How was my description inaccurate?
__________________
Okie -

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:25   #137
vart
Senior Member
 
vart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Moscow, ID
Posts: 16,772


Quote:
Originally Posted by Panglоss View Post
In this case it is valid to say that "absence of evidence proves evidence of absence".

Sorry, but eye witnesses and alleged video tapes of "something" are not hard evidence.
How about hair samples and DNA evidence? It exists. Thousands of people have seen these things and recorded it's existence for centuries.

I understand the desire for the discovery of a body to be completely convinced of it's existence, or at least skeletal remains.

I don't besmirch anyone for not believing until they see a body, I'm just saying there is an abundance of other evidence out there that scientists and other non-weirdo researchers have found...
__________________
Okie -

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:40   #138
G26S239
NRA Patron
 
G26S239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PRK
Posts: 9,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
In case if you cannot read I will repeat to you what I said before. I DO NOT want those monkeys to be "protected". To me the only good BF is a DEAD ONE! Is that clear enough or do I need my cat to spell it out for you?




.
So I take it you are not BFFs with BF?
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 21, 26 X 2, 32 and 36.
Proud member of the PigPen. Embrace the Pignose.
G26S239 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:50   #139
Panglоss
I am the NRA
 
Panglоss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by vart View Post
How about hair samples and DNA evidence? It exists. Thousands of people have seen these things and recorded it's existence for centuries.
Just explain to me how something this big can exist, as you say, for centuries, leading up to and including the present time, in areas that are not even very remote (but inhabited by lots of people), and yet not one single body, skull, leg bone, etc. has ever been found by anybody?

We're not talking about some variety of dragonfly or moth that has gone for years undetected, but a mammal that is supposedly 7'+ tall and would weigh several hundred pounds and would have a giant, unique hominid skeleton that could not be mistaken for anything else.
Panglоss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:52   #140
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,150
BIgFoot is not going to be found, he is hiding and pouting because he did not get his Obama phone.

__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:55   #141
G26S239
NRA Patron
 
G26S239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PRK
Posts: 9,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
BIgFoot is not going to be found, he is hiding and pouting because he did not get his Obama phone.

Why is BO hatin on Bigfoot?
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 21, 26 X 2, 32 and 36.
Proud member of the PigPen. Embrace the Pignose.
G26S239 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 13:11   #142
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
Why is BO hatin on Bigfoot?
BigFoot does not have a PAC.

__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 14:41   #143
vart
Senior Member
 
vart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Moscow, ID
Posts: 16,772


Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
So I take it you are not BFFs with BF?
__________________
Okie -

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 17:19   #144
paynter2
It ain't over
 
paynter2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: upper mid-west
Posts: 8,697


Bigfoot lives! And in other news... Tantrix survives jumping the shark!

You can fool all of the people some of the time.
You can fool some of the people all of the time...

Some of the people frequent GNG Lounge.
__________________
"Power always has to be kept in check; power exercised in secret, especially under the cloak of national security, is doubly dangerous." ...William Proxmire, US senator, reformer (1915-2005)

Last edited by paynter2; 11-20-2012 at 17:38..
paynter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
cat smarter than owner
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:14.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,121
355 Members
766 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42