Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-19-2012, 14:03   #76
Halojumper

Send a message via AIM to Halojumper Send a message via Yahoo to Halojumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnow View Post
Requirements for Bigfoot Photo/video.

1.Camera must be the quality of a hollowed out potato with a drink straw inserted for a lens.

and

2.Camera must remain out of focus at all times.

I mean come on man, atleast get us some iPhone 1 quality footage.
"Maybe Bigfoot is just a big, out of focus monster" Mitch Hedberg
Halojumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 14:05   #77
Minnow
JUST ADD SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halojumper View Post
"Maybe Bigfoot is just a big, out of focus monster" Mitch Hedberg
Maybe Bigfoot is only "big" for one day, then he becomes super small...
Minnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 14:09   #78
Kozel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
This is just too funny to stay away
Like all flies you just cannot stay away from even mentioning of giant droppings?
Kozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 14:20   #79
Ftttu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
Are you saying that my cat maybe smarter then you then? I told you about one accident witnessed by a guy I have no reason to doubt. He seriously went all in on BF research after that happened. Last I heard his wife died and he is still into BF search. I think he went a bit crazy after what he saw.

Anyways, if there are only few of them left in the whole state and they are smarter then my cat then vehicle to BF collisions are extremely unlikely.
I'm sure there are many cats way smarter than I'll ever be so I'll give you that one.

Kozel, humbly I say, there is a part of everyone's mind that is capable of believing in fairytales even when the truth is plain and abundant to the contrary. Even though I don't believe in ghosts, aliens, bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Mel's Hole, Bat Boy, etc, I still get the willies when I go into a spooky environment. It is human nature which most of us have to fight even though the reasoning side of you says everything is alright.

Kozel, your faith is strong. I don't have faith that these things don't exist. I just haven't been persuaded by what is provided as truth. If I ever obtain the level of proof for any of these fairytales, I will be spreading the news wide and far.
Ftttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 14:27   #80
Kozel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftttu View Post
I'm sure there are many cats way smarter than I'll ever be so I'll give you that one.
Well. I guess I am better off talking to my cat then.
Old 11-19-2012, 14:45   #81
GeorgiaGlocker
IBTL

I saw bigfoot at Wal mart my last trip. That gal was hairy.

www.georgiacarry.org
GeorgiaGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 14:52   #82
Big_Grumpy
Go Cheese!

My kid loves that show, but he's 7. We both agree that if they had the Turtleman join up with them, them there Bigfoot hunters would get some serious live action.

Neil! Neil! Get the bag!!!

The Okie Corral
Old 11-19-2012, 15:04   #83
vart

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgraywolf View Post
Why has no one ever produced any DNA or other real evidence of these mean ass monkeys? Don't they die, don't they crap, don't they leave fur/hair on brush? You'd think anthropologists would be all over this like stink on schitt.
You see, there have been multiple submissions of DNA from hair samples and feces to credible scientists and universities that have come back as being from an unknown primate.

If the non-believers would spend any amount of time simply researching this on the internet rather than continuing to insult and degrade those that do believe, then maybe there could be a rational discussion.

However, it appears as those who are ignorant of the research and findings regarding Bigfoot have chosen to remain ignorant and make fun of people they disagree with...

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 15:09   #84
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by vart View Post
You see, there have been multiple submissions of DNA from hair samples and feces to credible scientists and universities that have come back as being from an unknown primate.
Link?

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
oldgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 16:13   #85
DeLo

I have also heard something about the mystery DNA... There are a couple stories out there that it was taken from a hunter who killed one.

I'm not a huge believer but I figure that the woods are big enough to have something in there that we don't know about. I figure if they did find one it would destroy the logging industry...(having a potentially protected/endangered species in the woods).
Old 11-19-2012, 16:29   #86
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF

Seriously, don't you think that if there were some real DNA (or other reliable information or data), that an archaeologist or ten who wanted to make a real name for themselves in the academic community wouldn't be following every lead and scouring the probable habitat for more information and maybe a huge discovery? Think about it. There's a helluva lot of difference between what a few guys yak about around a campfire on an elk hunt versus real, verifiable scientific data.

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
Old 11-19-2012, 16:42   #87
Gregg702
Gold Membership

Quote:
Seriously, don't you think that if there were some real DNA (or other reliable information or data), that an archaeologist or ten who wanted to make a real name for themselves in the academic community wouldn't be following every lead and scouring the probable habitat for more information and maybe a huge discovery? Think about it. There's a helluva lot of difference between what a few guys yak about around a campfire on an elk hunt versus real, verifiable scientific data.
What good is DNA or any other verifiable proof when you have 2nd and 3rd hand accounts and strange noises in the woods?
Old 11-19-2012, 16:48   #88
turretg

Quote:
Well. I guess I am better off talking to my cat then.
Maybe. Most people get very nervous inside when they hear of unexplainables and tend to ridicule to put themselves at ease.
I don't know if your serious or putting people on, but I too have seen some unknowns and understand that there are strange things out there. I have never seen a Bigfoot but there are also a ton of reliable reports from legitimate sources (Many from Park Rangers) over the years that add much weight to your claims.

Last edited by turretg; 11-19-2012 at 16:53..
turretg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 16:51   #89
Ftttu

On any of the above DNA samples mentioned above, scientists can give way way more information other than it just belonging to an unknown what ever. There is so much information in DNA, scientists would go gaw-gaw, releasing information to the public on their findings. If there is a huge pile of poo, then there is a huge pile of recoverable and intact DNA. If there is a hair found, you will be able to get the same information even though it is a smaller sample.

I've seen shows where a blood sample was recovered on a board of nails. I've seen where the large piles of poo are discovered. I've seen shows where hairs are found. I've seen shows where animals are eaten where they are thought to been eaten by bigfoots. All of those have so much DNA that scientists would be busting at the seems to release their findings.......but they don't because there isn't anything there......unless it is a government conspiracy....or maybe a Green Peace or Sierra Club conspiracy in order to protect these highly endangered beings.
Old 11-19-2012, 16:52   #90
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiGregg View Post
What good is DNA or any other verifiable proof when you have 2nd and 3rd hand accounts and strange noises in the woods?
If some loud, ornery monkey threw rocks at me, I'd get some DNA....

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
Old 11-19-2012, 16:58   #91
Kilrain
Señor Member

I found this sharp, in focus picture of bigfoot.........

The Okie Corral

And if not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kilrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 17:10   #92
Gregg702
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
I found this sharp, in focus picture of bigfoot.........

The Okie Corral

That is clearly a man in a monkey suit. I can tell by the pixels and having seen quite a few men in monkey suits in my time.
Old 11-19-2012, 17:11   #93
*ASH*

i think folks should lighten up abit , we are discovering new species thought to be extinct eons ago . i dont agree or disagree that
a undiscovered primate exists , i pretty much have a open mind but my friends and wife always tell me i think outside of the box .

Last edited by *ASH*; 11-19-2012 at 17:12..
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 17:26   #94
vart

Quote:
Link?
http://www.professorfringe.com/news_...a_evidence.htm

Quote:
Bryan Sykes, Professor of Human Genetics at the Oxford Institute of Molecular Medicine and one of the world's leading experts on DNA analysis examined the hair. "We found some DNA in it," he said, "but we don't know what it is. It's not a human, not a bear not anything else we have so far been able to identify. It's a mystery and I never thought this would end in a mystery. We have never encountered DNA that we couldn't recognize before."

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 17:49   #95
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF

That was certainly convincing... professorfringe? Yep. Some people buy into "fringe" theories with little or no proof. I don't. Faith is what you have when there's no other evidence or proof of something you want to believe.

How about addressing some of my other points? Why no anthropological interest for a potentially huge discovery? Who was attacked or harassed by these critters? Did they report said events to anyone outside the bar? Did it make local news? If not, why not? Where's the poop? Where do the dead ones go?

definatally
rediculas
theirs'

Last edited by oldgraywolf; 11-19-2012 at 18:17..
Old 11-19-2012, 18:16   #96
Kozel

Quote:
Originally Posted by turretg View Post
Maybe. Most people get very nervous inside when they hear of unexplainables and tend to ridicule to put themselves at ease.
I don't know if your serious or putting people on

I am serious because I would be the last possible person to be any kind of BF believer. I just looked at the map to find most remote place in the state to go for a walk in.

That is all. I just wanted to come way up there to find peace, quiet and nobody telling me how much my English sucks.
It is just so happened I stumbled into living room of some giant monkey which I did not even know about.

I love that area. Maybe it reminds me of my childhood the way terrain and woods are. Then some creature showed up screaming at me and trying to drive me out. I really did not expect that.

Over the years I found other people harassed by same creatures in other parts of the state. That was surprising.

If all BFs drop dead tomorrow I will not have one tear over it. They are not some oversized teddy bears. They are very dangerous predators. One tried to kill my friend by the way.
Old 11-19-2012, 18:20   #97
Ftttu

Let's put it this way. For you believers or non-doubters, what are the creatures you've heard of that you don't believe? Do chupacabras, Jersey devils, bat boys, etc exist? What are the fairy tale monsters you don't believe in but are a reality to others? We're not talking about Montauk monsters since they are either dogs, raccoons, or similar commonly known mammals.
Old 11-19-2012, 18:21   #98
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF

Quote:
One tried to kill my friend by the way.
How? Why didn't it succeed? From your earlier description of them being hit by vehicles on the highway and still running away, they must be mighty tough. It's hard to imagine a mere human getting away from one bent on his destruction.

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
Old 11-19-2012, 18:31   #99
Kozel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftttu View Post
Let's put it this way. For you believers or non-doubters, what are the creatures you've heard of that you don't believe? Do chupacabras, Jersey devils, bat boys, etc exist? What are the fairy tale monsters you don't believe in but are a reality to others? We're not talking about Montauk monsters since they are either dogs, raccoons, or similar commonly known mammals.
Wow! My cat is really smarter then you and you are working hard to make it even clearer.

Just because there is one creature running abound in the woods all the vampires, werewolves, chupacabras and alien shapeshifters must be real too?! Clear “logic” worthy of doorstop level of intelligence.
Old 11-19-2012, 18:35   #100
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vart View Post
If the non-believers would spend any amount of time simply researching this on the internet rather than continuing to insult and degrade those that do believe, then maybe there could be a rational discussion.

Do y'all believe in Santa also??
FLIPPER 348 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat smarter than owner