Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:47   #1
CavScout1

Gen 4 Dawson Precision ICE magwell?

Hi all. Was wondering if anyone has used Dawson Precision's Ice magwell for the Gen 4s. Has anyone had any problems with them? I was looking at the ICE magwell that allows one to use the medium backstrap. Any info would be much appreciated. Ohh, also can the stock mags be used or are mag extensions necissary? I was looking at the oem Glock plus 2. Thanks.
CavScout1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:59   #2
whatsupglock

I have an ICE for my Gen 3 34 and I am planning on ordering one for my Gen 4 17. On the Gen 3, yes stock mags can be used without any problem at all. I would more than expect the same to be true for the gen 4. I can say that with confidence because the g3 and g4 models mouth exactly the same way. The adapter is just a little different shape that slides up in the frame. I have heard that some people need to do a little fitting to get them to fit properly and some drop right in. I had to fit my g3 to get it exactly how I wanted it, but that's what you're dealing with when your talking about a plastic frame. Just don't over tighten the screw that holds it on through the frame. You can torque the frame a little and less than desirable results may occur. tighten it just enough to stay in place with a tiny bit of thread locker.
whatsupglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:07   #3
plouffedaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavScout1 View Post
Hi all. Was wondering if anyone has used Dawson Precision's Ice magwell for the Gen 4s. Has anyone had any problems with them? I was looking at the ICE magwell that allows one to use the medium backstrap. Any info would be much appreciated. Ohh, also can the stock mags be used or are mag extensions necissary? I was looking at the oem Glock plus 2. Thanks.
General Glocking

I have the one for medium backstraps. I've only put a few mags through it so far but when I get more rounds through it I'll post a review...

The +2 extensions aren't necessary but I'd recommend them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:05   #4
CavScout1

Thanks for the info guys. I will be ordering one now. Another question, how long does the plastic insert last before being beat to hell? Should i just order an extra insert?
CavScout1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:46   #5
whatsupglock

I've never replaced one. So I can't answer that. I guess it will last until it either breaks or wears out...
whatsupglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:42   #6
plouffedaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupglock View Post
I've never replaced one. So I can't answer that. I guess it will last until it either breaks or wears out...
I haven't either and I've had one on my G17 for years and thousands of rounds. I'd imagine you'd have to do a lot of speed reloads before it would be an issue....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 18:41   #7
pistolcompetitor

Thought I'd bump this instead of make a new thread. Anyone think there'd be a problem with removing and replacing the magwell? I shoot USPSA and IDPA matches witht the same G17 so I'd have to take off the part and replace it about every other month. Or I can get another Glock... If I ever win one.
pistolcompetitor is offline   Reply With Quote

« Gen4 Glock 29 | G19 »