SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-04-2012, 23:23   #1
rasprenkle

Truglo Fiber Optic

Model # TG131G2 Sights, Optics and Lasers

This is My newest Purchase.. I know it is not a Night Site. But i wanted to get your impression for range shooting and carry usage. I like the way the RED between the GREEN looks seems very brain friendly for target acquisition. Does anyone have any experience with these? whats your thought? /// ALSO: After installation or during do I need to fire a few rounds down range to be able to site in proper sites? or is is the installation normal on a GLOCK
rasprenkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 23:24   #2
rasprenkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasprenkle View Post
Model # TG131G2 Sights, Optics and Lasers

This is My newest Purchase.. I know it is not a Night Site. But i wanted to get your impression for range shooting and carry usage. I like the way the RED between the GREEN looks seems very brain friendly for target acquisition. Does anyone have any experience with these? whats your thought? /// ALSO: After installation or during do I need to fire a few rounds down range to be able to site in proper sites? or is is the installation normal on a GLOCK

GLOCK 30 is the install
rasprenkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:47   #3
SJ 40

I only have one gun that came factory equipped with fiber optic sights,colored are the reverse,green in the front sight,red in the rear.
They show up very well in all light situations,I was surprised at how well. The only problem that seems to plague most F O sights is the front sight tube fell out while shooting,I would guess from recoil.
I happened to see the tube on the bench top and put it away,when I got home I reinstalled it with super glue and touched the rear tubes while I was at it.
That was over a year ago and no more shot out or lost color tubes,just a fore warning.
SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:01   #4
MNBud

I have TFO's in three of my Glocks and have never had an issue with any coming loose, as for dialing in these, I use a depth micrometer off each side of the rear sight to insure it is centered. This will cover you for any self defense situation. There are marks on the top of the slide at the rear sight that will put you close enough. Center the rear sight evenly between them.

Sub club #622
Certified Glock armorer
MNBud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:07   #5
xrmattaz

All of my range/daytime carry Glocks have those sights on 'em, they work very well for my aging eyes!

Two of my Glocks have night sights, for bedside use and night time carry.

I just center 'em in the rear sight channel, they aim perfectly for me.
G17Gen4,G19,20SF,21SF,21Gen4,23Gen2,38,39
xrmattaz is offline   Reply With Quote