SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:59   #1
Kentucky Shooter
NRA Life Member

Glock Sight Question

I have a new Glock 21 Gen 4 that I am enjoying, but it shoots a little high for my taste. I like a point of aim hold rather than a six o clock hold.

I am considering getting the next lowest factory rear sight or possibly the factory adjustable sight.

Does anyone have any advice either way? What does a gunsmith normally charge to swap out these sights?
Old 08-12-2012, 07:17   #2
bruzer

Have you let anyone else shoot it? I say this because with our G21 my Wife was in the dirt and I was over the top of the target. My Buddy was dead-on with it even with some Brass to Head.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike
bruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:22   #3
Kentucky Shooter
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruzer View Post
Have you let anyone else shoot it? I say this because with our G21 my Wife was in the dirt and I was over the top of the target. My Buddy was dead-on with it even with some Brass to Head.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike
No, i am the only one who has shot it. My 19 and 26 both shot right on the money out of the box at 10-15 yard distance. This is my first glock that seems to need an adjustment.

Last edited by Kentucky Shooter; 08-12-2012 at 07:22..
Kentucky Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:23   #4
Clay1

Before you change it out have an experienced Glock shooter pull the trigger on the thing. IF the Glock platform is new to you, it just could be a grip adjustment is needed or something else simple. If you are shooting good groups that is another thing all together. My first set of Ameriglo sites shot too high but Ameriglo took good (No make that "They took GREAT) care of me and provided me what I needed.

Many install a taller front post. Front sights are much easier to do youself without a press. I own my own press and can't remember what people charge to do the sights since it was a long time ago when I paid someone else to do them.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:49   #5
Kentucky Shooter
NRA Life Member

Thanks for the replies. I realize this could be operator error, but I am not new to Glock pistols. As I said above, I have a 19 and 26 and do not have this issue with them. I just need to bring the 21's bullet placement down some. I can do this with a six o clock hold, but that is not my style of aim. I want it to shoot to point of aim like my other glocks.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:13   #6
elde
Lifetime Membership

Dawson Precision has a steel adjustable rear sight and Meprolight has adjustable night sight sets for Glocks.
elde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 15:08   #7
glockenturm

That's funny, as I shoot 21&30 to POA, but start off low on 19.

Message sent from Texas!
Old 08-18-2012, 18:13   #8
Kentucky Shooter
NRA Life Member

Update- called Glock customer service last Monday morning and requested they send me a new 6.1 rear sight, two notches lower than the 6.5 that was on the gun originally.

I received the new sight on Friday, and installed it myself. A wooden dowel and hammer and it came out and new one installed without a scratch or a problem. Took it to the range today and it is right on the money- i'm one happy glock 21 owner.
Old 11-18-2012, 14:08   #9
flw

.my error

Last edited by flw; 11-18-2012 at 14:09.. Reason: my error....
flw is offline   Reply With Quote