GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 16:48   #151
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL
 
ilgunguygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Peoples Republic Of Illinois
Posts: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
You too huh?

Problem is sometimes its truly the only word that will do.
Thats a fact!
__________________
***RIP Okie, GT will never be the same without you Mr Mayor!***
ilgunguygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 17:06   #152
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
Again, think first....

Why would you think someone would rob your stash when they can grow their own?

My greenhouse will be open of you want any, I'll have plenty.

There will be no demand anymore.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Because their parents won't let them.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 17:11   #153
BigDog[RE]
NRA Member
 
BigDog[RE]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
What????

Answer the question. How does giving my neighbor a few bucks for some fruits and vegetables that he grew in his backyard fall under interstate commerce, and therefore Federal regulation?
The Feds will probably claim that the topsoil that it was grown in was blown in by the wind from another state, therefore it is interstate! ;-)

Sad thing is that SCOTUS would probably uphold that interpretation...
BigDog[RE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 17:18   #154
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
What????

Answer the question. How does giving my neighbor a few bucks for some fruits and vegetables that he grew in his backyard fall under interstate commerce, and therefore Federal regulation?
I don't think it does, all i was saying is that when money is introduced is when the govt sticks their nose in.

If you grow a field of pot, keep it to yourself, smoke it all. No one will bother you.


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 17:19   #155
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
It should be treated the same as cigarettes and alcohol.

Its just downright stupid that it's not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 17:43   #156
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist
 
syntaxerrorsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lakeland, FL.
Posts: 9,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
It should be treated the same as cigarettes and alcohol.

Its just downright stupid that it's not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Not unless we import it.

If I make something it's mine. If I trade with my neighbor it's ours.

**** government taxation of my labor.
__________________
Sappers Forward
841st Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 81ARCOM, 84th Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 2ACR, 40th Eng (Mech) 1AD, 588th Eng (Mech) 4ID

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 17:47   #157
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist
 
syntaxerrorsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lakeland, FL.
Posts: 9,525
And **** government taxation of my income while we are at it.
__________________
Sappers Forward
841st Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 81ARCOM, 84th Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 2ACR, 40th Eng (Mech) 1AD, 588th Eng (Mech) 4ID

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 18:13   #158
RC-RAMIE
Senior Member
 
RC-RAMIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
I don't think it does, all i was saying is that when money is introduced is when the govt sticks their nose in.

If you grow a field of pot, keep it to yourself, smoke it all. No one will bother you.


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Where?

....
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 18:25   #159
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 33,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
How exactly does me giving my neighbor a couple dollars for fruits and vegetables fall under interstate commerce, and therefore Federal regulation?
The law says, at this point, that even if you eat those fruits and vegetables you grew, it falls under the commerce clause jurisdiction. The theory was that if you grow and eat your own food, it affects interstate commerce because you don't have to buy food that was shipped from elsewhere, therefore Congress has jurisdiction to regulate what you can grow for yourself on your land. Wickard v. Filburn, 317 U.S. 111 (1942),
__________________
If you are not an NRA member, you are not involved in gun rights, so sit down and shut the +%@# up.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 18:28   #160
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist
 
syntaxerrorsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lakeland, FL.
Posts: 9,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
The law says, at this point, that even if you eat those fruits and vegetables you grew, it falls under the commerce clause jurisdiction. The theory was that if you grow and eat your own food, it affects interstate commerce because you don't have to buy food that was shipped from elsewhere, therefore Congress has jurisdiction to regulate what you can grow for yourself on your land. Wickard v. Filburn, 317 U.S. 111 (1942),
The only thing I want to know is do YOU have a problem with that.
__________________
Sappers Forward
841st Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 81ARCOM, 84th Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 2ACR, 40th Eng (Mech) 1AD, 588th Eng (Mech) 4ID

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 18:34   #161
hogfish
Señor Member
 
hogfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: fl
Posts: 4,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauptmann6 View Post
Exactly the same thing.
Good to know. I've never had medical MJ.
__________________
Opinions are like noses...everybody's got one.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 18:37   #162
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
I would need it in writing so junkies couldn't take advantage of any loopholes to get away with smoking that trash and driving down a street filled with kids.
Its already in writing.

They call these writings "statutes."

The fact that you haven't read them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Last edited by Lampshade; 11-01-2012 at 18:38..
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 18:37   #163
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,837
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
The law says, at this point, that even if you eat those fruits and vegetables you grew, it falls under the commerce clause jurisdiction. The theory was that if you grow and eat your own food, it affects interstate commerce because you don't have to buy food that was shipped from elsewhere, therefore Congress has jurisdiction to regulate what you can grow for yourself on your land. Wickard v. Filburn, 317 U.S. 111 (1942),
Bren,

Even you know that was a mystical stretch of the definition of commerce.

Commerce is now something you DONT buy because it may affect the other party that you didnt buy it from?

If you look objectively that was simply a govt power grab to rule that way.

Imagine the real implications. I could sue you for NOT buying something because you affected my interstate commerce by not buying it.

Just because some justices rule something doesnt mean it is right.
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 18:52   #164
PettyOfficer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
Tell me about it....

He's from Texas, remember they have churches that hold 50,000 people and worship dudes like Joel osteen and pat Robertson. I shouldn't have to say anymore. Haha

Go ahead secede, form your own retard republic, announce war on the cartels, and have your own little Alamo 2013. We'll help you pack then we'll light one up and watch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Oh man, I came here for work, it's a little crazy, but I just stay away from them.

But it's those crazies that legalized recreationally shooting guns at moving targets from helicopters!!
PettyOfficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 18:52   #165
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
The law says, at this point, that even if you eat those fruits and vegetables you grew, it falls under the commerce clause jurisdiction. The theory was that if you grow and eat your own food, it affects interstate commerce because you don't have to buy food that was shipped from elsewhere, therefore Congress has jurisdiction to regulate what you can grow for yourself on your land. Wickard v. Filburn, 317 U.S. 111 (1942),

Has anyone ever been told that they can't grow their own food and have to buy from someone else? Seriously asking. If that case ever happened I'd love to read about it.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 18:57   #166
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,755


Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Bren,

Even you know that was a mystical stretch of the definition of commerce.

Commerce is now something you DONT buy because it may affect the other party that you didnt buy it from?

If you look objectively that was simply a govt power grab to rule that way.

Imagine the real implications. I could sue you for NOT buying something because you affected my interstate commerce by not buying it.

Just because some justices rule something doesnt mean it is right.
I find it incredibly hard to believe that the founders would have gone to such great lengths to draft a document which repeatedly paints the fedgov into such a tight corner, and then negate it all with an obscure clause.

Proper application would simply mean that if an individual in Louisiana is selling weed to someone in Mississippi, that the fed ensure no tariffs are imposed.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 19:01   #167
PettyOfficer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-RAMIE View Post
3 states will vote on marijuana legal next week.
The polls show WA is flying 'high', CO is very close, and OR doesn't seem to have enough support to pass.

I'm watching this closely, I have a few $K in some related stocks.
PettyOfficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 19:04   #168
klmmicro
Senior Member
 
klmmicro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: South End of the Left Coast
Posts: 2,575
Send a message via Yahoo to klmmicro


Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Legalize marijuana and you'll instantly bring all the Mexican drug violence into the United States.
Might as well just legalize it by your argument. What you are saying is the cartels will control it one way or the other. At least if it is legal, the profit for them drops considerably.

Seriously, you think the cartels will set up state regulated dispensaries?
__________________
"The sword that cuts down evil is the sword that gives life"

*10 Ring, MBR and Reloading Clubs: #436*
klmmicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 19:27   #169
John Galt
Anti-Federalist
 
John Galt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Indy
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I find it incredibly hard to believe that the founders would have gone to such great lengths to draft a document which repeatedly paints the fedgov into such a tight corner, and then negate it all with an obscure clause...
Alexander Hamilton, one of the main forces behind writing and ratifiying the Constitution, was a monarchist. He wanted a king. Knowing that would never happen, he argued for a strong centralized government. He got it. I don't find it hard to believe at all. Study the Anti-Federalist papers and the arguments against ratification of the Constitution, and see how those arguments have panned out 200 years later.
__________________
"The Constitution has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it."-Lysander Spooner

The only person that makes slavery possible... is the slave.
John Galt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 20:33   #170
PettyOfficer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
It should be treated the same as cigarettes and alcohol.
Except alcohol and tobacco are addictive
PettyOfficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 20:34   #171
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,755


Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Alexander Hamilton, one of the main forces behind writing and ratifiying the Constitution, was a monarchist. He wanted a king. Knowing that would never happen, he argued for a strong centralized government. He got it. I don't find it hard to believe at all. Study the Anti-Federalist papers and the arguments against ratification of the Constitution, and see how those arguments have panned out 200 years later.
That is very insightful. Never thought of it that way.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 20:38   #172
Harper
Senior Member
 
Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmmicro View Post
Seriously, you think the cartels will set up state regulated dispensaries?
I have no idea what he's thinking but clearly a black market will see a decrease in demand as a white market is created. You'd think that would be common knowledge but willful ignorance is a powerful force.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 20:44   #173
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL
 
ilgunguygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Peoples Republic Of Illinois
Posts: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
I don't think it does, all i was saying is that when money is introduced is when the govt sticks their nose in.

If you grow a field of pot, keep it to yourself, smoke it all. No one will bother you.


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
What world do you live in?
__________________
***RIP Okie, GT will never be the same without you Mr Mayor!***
ilgunguygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 15:06   #174
RustyL
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 549
and in this hemisphere, where is that, who has the money to buy?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
Yeah OK dude.

You are a clear example of the stupidity surrounding this topic. Do some fing research.

Mexican drug cartels invading the USA over weed???? Wow.

The Mexican cartels would see no profit from us anymore and invading us is certainly not going to help the cause. They would shift their focus to a country where it's still illegal and profit there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
RustyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 15:23   #175
M&P Shooter
Metal Member
 
M&P Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 10,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
Its already in writing.

They call these writings "statutes."

The fact that you haven't read them doesn't mean they don't exist.
My dad is bigger then your dad I gave up on this thread a while ago but some can't seem to let go. Have fun with your smart remark war as I am going to out with the wife to the movies, and we are not smoking pot tonight either
__________________
I walk through the valley of the shadow of death but it's cool because my Glock 23 is loaded with 180gr HST!
M&P Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:16.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 668
209 Members
459 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42