Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-08-2012, 15:39   #41
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Bull, I thought he (flyandscuba) sold the AMT sometime back...I could be mistaken though.
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 15:44   #42
flyandscuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Bull, I thought he (flyandscuba) sold the AMT sometime back...I could be mistaken though.
Yes, I sold the AMT hand cannon a long time ago...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-08-2012, 15:46   #43
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Well, I don't pay attention like I should. I need the wood stove more anyway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 18:17   #44
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
Well, I don't pay attention like I should. I need the wood stove more anyway
Say it ain't so.

Just kidding. My weber rotisserie 'accessory' sits unboxed, waiting for me to get 1) more charcoal, 2) a chicken, and most of all, 3) motivation.

MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:46   #45
gatorboy

Since this has turned into a 10mm yard sale... Want to sell my 6" LW 10mm and 9x25 20 barrels. Both have an honest rd. count of less than 100 rds., probably less than 50. I bought them for an abandoned LS project and tried them in my stock 20 slide once. Don't like the balance or looks. They are $125 new plus at least $7-$10 shipping. Will sell for $100 shipped each in continental U.S. Also have a LW G22 barrel barely used under 100 rds., probably under 50. Bought to shoot lead and hav'nt done that. They are $110 new + shipping. Will sell for $85 shipped in Con. U.S. Please PM through GT, thanks.
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:54   #46
rjinaz85308
Desert Dweller

If u still have the G29 357 barrel I am interested

Thx

rjinaz85308@cox.net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rjinaz85308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:01   #47
ModGlock17

This reminds me of GolfSmith, a place where people sell their drivers because they've found the best, newest, and coolest driver. Missing in the stories is how good the golfers are...
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 17:41   #48
flyandscuba

After my success with the XD Compact Tactical 460 Rowland conversion, I decided to do something more CCW-friendly...

I spoke with Johnny Rowland at the Tulsa Gun Show this past weekend. He raved over the G30 conversion he has been personally using - so I decided to go ahead and pick up a conversion kit for one. It includes the barrel, compensator and a replacement RSA.

I located a used G30 in excellent condition (CDNN currently has them for $399) and dropped in the conversion when I returned home.

Today, I had a chance to take it to the range at Nashville Armory for a test run. Pics to follow - but I gave it the same test sequence as the XD Compact Tactical. 2 rds of 45 GAP, followed by 2 rds of Blazer ball, 2 rds of Winchester Ranger T +P, 2 rds of 45 Super, and finally 2 rds of 460 Rowland - all from the same magazine.

The 45 GAP would fire but not eject - nor would the Blazer Ball. The +P, 45 Super, and 460 Rowland all fired and ejected without difficulty.

I ran a total of 50 rds of 460 Rowland through the G30 - no problems whatsoever. It does shoot with "authority" and would not be for the recoil sensitive. Even with the compensator and RSA installed - it has more recoil than my G29SF with the hottest 10mm Auto loads.

Of course, I was shooting Johnny Rowland's "personal carry" loads that have been chronographed at 1570fps from a 5" barrel for the 185 gr Nosler bullet. Even if I lose 100-150 fps from the shorter G30 - that is impressive power from a small, easily concealed handgun.

Johnny, his partner Thomas, and I were discussing the Springfield XDS - and that several of us have been running 45 Super through it unmodified. They indicated that they are planning on a 460 Rowland conversion for the XDS! Yep, you read that right... What a hand cannon that will make if it is successful.

The 10 Ring

I still have a G29SF; KKM .40 S&W conversion barrel; KKM .357 Sig conversion barrel; Lone Wolf 9x25 Dillon conversion barrel; and a Lone Wolf 6" G20 9x25 Dillon conversion barrel available for sale...
Old 11-15-2012, 04:24   #49
Broberts001

Good luck with the 460 Roland.

Last edited by Broberts001; 11-15-2012 at 10:27..
Broberts001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:25   #50
chucky2

You know guys, I have no 'skin in this game', but it's considered rude on the internet to post stuff for sale in someones for sale thread. I know it's not efficient to start for sale threads from each person, but that is generally considered better than hijacking someones sale thread with sale items of your own.

Too late now, but maybe something to keep in mind for future postings...

Chuck
chucky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:45   #51
flyandscuba

No worries - my thread wasn't really intended to be a WTS thread... I was just explaining why I was moving away from 10mm - because I found something better.

If my G29SF & remaining barrels don't sell at the gumshoe this weekend - I'll list them in proper WTS ad in the Classifieds section.

Thanks for caring though!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-15-2012, 17:48   #52
copo9560

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkersey View Post
If it is safe to fire 45 ACP in a barrel chambered for the Rowland 460 then by the same reasoning it should be safe to fire 40 S&W out of the 10mm without bothering with a conversion barrel no? The differences in length being .06 inches and .14 inches respectively.
40 S&W functions fine in my stock G20. A little loss in accuracy but for 1/2 the price hard to beat. Make sure to clean barrel after shooting 40, some stuff will deposit in the longer chamber but it brushes out easily.
copo9560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 22:42   #53
pasky2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by copo9560 View Post
40 S&W functions fine in my stock G20. A little loss in accuracy but for 1/2 the price hard to beat. Make sure to clean barrel after shooting 40, some stuff will deposit in the longer chamber but it brushes out easily.
+1 that. I've put multifired .40 case loaded for 10mm G20 more times than I can count. Good match distance rounds and if I loose a few cases, I don't get bummed like I do my once fired Starline 10mm cases I bought for $.14/ea!
pasky2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:15   #54
WeeWilly

OK, this thread has put me over the top, I am going to give one of these Rowland conversion kits a try on my G21SF. I have been fooling with .45 Super for a while with it so maybe it is time to move things up a notch.

I don't look forward to bringing out the butane torch to get the comp off every time I want to clean it properly. Frankly I have never been a big fan of comps in general, but as a range toy, it looks like it will be more fun than a barrel of monkeys. I look forward to developing loads and finding my favorite powders for it as well as using up all those 230gr XTP's I found on clearance.

There is no doubt my G29/G20's will be my go to handguns until my last days, I guess truth be told, I am just a sucker for new fun toys that go bang.
WeeWilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 17:17   #55
flyandscuba

All my 10mm Auto firearms and associated barrels are now gone... Now, I just have a boat-load of 10mm Auto ammo to sell off locally -- DoubleTap, Underwood, Buffalo Bore, even the "original" Norma loads in factory fresh condition!

Two .460 Rowland converted pistols are now in hand and functioning flawlessly -- a Springfield XD "Compact Tactical", and a Glock 30. I've reamed a spare barrel for my HK USC/UMP SBR -- and will see how it handles .460 Rowland soon.