Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-02-2012, 19:59   #1
jtmo3

Gen 4 RSA question

I have a gen 4 g26. I was field striping it today and went to wipe down the rsa. When I did, I did it by taking a rag around the assembly when the spring pushed past the plastic cap at the end. It went past about an inch or two. I pushed it back down below the plastic cap and it "appears" to be staying. I plan to replace it but its nt that old. Less than 1000 rounds.

Is this at all normal? Never had this happen before. I would think as long as the spring is in the gun, it shouldn't come apart or cause a problem.

John
jtmo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 20:52   #2
SCC
Member Me

Send a message via Skype™ to SCC
call glock and they will replace it ..
SCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 15:49   #3
jtmo3

I figured that's what I'd do. I was just wondering until then, if the gun would function normally for use?
Old 11-03-2012, 16:01   #4
DannyR

1. Unload your G26 and make sure the chamber is clear.

2. rack the slide with force, about 6 times.

3. Pull the trigger

4. repeat #2 & #3

5. If everything works the second time, you are good to go.
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:05   #5
jtmo3

Well, called Glock this morning and asked them about it. They said the spring definitely broke and I should not use it. As to them replacing it, was not offered. I even asked, is this something that's not normal as should be taken care of? I asked do I have to buy a replacement or how does that work? He said it needs to be replaced and that was it. No offer to replace a "defective" recoil spring assembly. If the gun was years old, I could understand. But this gun is 4 or 5 months old with less than 1000 rounds through it. I assume I could call and talk to customer service and b*tch and get a new one, but I'm not sure I should have had to do that. Thanks for the help guys.

John
Old 11-05-2012, 09:15   #6
jtmo3

Just another follow up. I called back and talked to another tech support guy. Explained the issue and asked if this was normal and should it be warrantied. He asked if I oiled the spring. Said no. He said glock recommends to NOT oil the spring at all. I asked if it could be warrantied. At first he didn't want to warranty it. I pushed a little more and he finally agreed to send me one. This seems odd since I've had good luck with glock before on issues like this and never had to "push" to get something taken care of. I mean, how could I screw up and break a recoil spring assembly that wasn't a problem to begin with?

John
Old 11-06-2012, 07:32   #7
randy41508

Whenever I call any customer service I always ask for the supervisor then when they get on ask for their boss and when I get on the phone ask for name direct line or extand or badge number etc. Usually this shows u mean business I explain my problem and if they give me a hard time I tell them I work with 300 + fellow employees and that if they dnt wanna resolve it I will make sure to tell everyone about their product failing me n customer service not being top notch usually they comply tell them customer is king and if they want good business they better make it right. This works for me from car warranty down to cable n cell phone bills give it a shot next time dnt let them win
randy41508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:41   #8
mongo356

Put yourself in their shoes. Most people would call them everything in the book to try and get a free membership and a new gun. I would hate to be in customer service for any company right now.

Springs are considered normal wear items. Your situation was different but still it had1000 rounds on it. Its kind of hard to place fault in either direction there. Bottom line new spring press on.

Best of luck with your G26. Those are my favorite size Glocks. They offer a lot in a small package.

Last edited by mongo356; 11-06-2012 at 09:53..
mongo356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:15   #9
jtmo3

That's what I figured on the spring. It wasn't worn out but did break and figured I'd give it a shot. Took a little talking but they did agree to replace it. I would have moved on either way, just hoping glock would stand behind it since the rsa shouldn't come apart like that. They did, so good for them.

It is hard to beat the 26. I haven't found anything I like more considering it's size, weight, number of rounds and magazine capability.