GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 14:18   #126
frizz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
So now you're saying the first amendment is on its way out too?

We're pushing it here.....


I am starting to think that you are a troll. New member with 125 post who 1) is stirring things up and 2)

No I didn't say it was on the way out. If you read my reply, and you are not trolling, I said IF these things come to pass.
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 14:19   #127
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post


I am starting to think that you are a troll. New member with 125 post who 1) is stirring things up and 2)

No I didn't say it was on the way out. If you read my reply, and you are not trolling, I said IF these things come to pass.
Why would I post 125 times to troll. Yeah I'm a new member, big fing deal.

I just don't buy your if part, that's what I'm trying to tell you

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 14:22   #128
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
He's a cowardly piece of **** not worthy of the uniform enforcing unconstitutional laws that violate my natural rights.

Tell me more about these assault weapons I have in your fantasy....
Ok, you didn't answer the question. Would you shoot him??

Fantasy??? No my fantasies have 6 ft blonds with huge boobs, not guns, sorry....I just used that phrase for AR and AK's, machine guns.

I don't care what you call them, your splitting hairs, you knew what I was talking about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Sveke; 10-28-2012 at 14:22..
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 14:25   #129
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
Coming to your house to arrest you because you spoke against the government? "Just following orders" does not excuse immoral conduct.

If we get to the point where the government is moving towards totalitarianism, putting a round through that soldier's head is a matter of self defense.
No frizz, you're wording sucks. Everyone speaks against the govt everyday, they don't come to your house now, do they?

I laid out the details a few posts back

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Sveke; 10-28-2012 at 14:26..
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 14:29   #130
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 16,674
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
Yeah I get that.

I'm asking you of you could look a young kid in the face and shoot him?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
No, I could not. But if it was just me against cops or military they would just kill me anyway.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 14:30   #131
frizz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
BS. So now I am limiting peoples liberties because I dont care about gay marriage? Read the posts again, I said no such thing. Why should I give a damn about marijuana laws when I dont smoke it? I'm not going to base my vote on that.
MJ may not be a high priority for you, but shouldn't it have some weight in your vote?

Let's say two candidates are about equal on all of the other issues. One supports legalization and the other does not. Could it at least be a tie-breaker.

I also think you can look at supporting the rights of others, even if the particular right doesn't apply to you, as supporting your rights that matter to you indirectly.

With that in mind, can you see reevaluating the importance
of MJ laws to you?
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 14:33   #132
frizz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
Why would I post 125 times to troll. Yeah I'm a new member, big fing deal.

I just don't buy your if part, that's what I'm trying to tell you
A new member who exhibits a few troll-like behaviors is very likely to be a troll.

You don't buy my if part? What do you mean by that????
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 14:33   #133
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
MJ may not be a high priority for you, but shouldn't it have some weight in your vote?

Let's say two candidates are about equal on all of the other issues. One supports legalization and the other does not. Could it at least be a tie-breaker.

I also think you can look at supporting the rights of others, even if the particular right doesn't apply to you, as supporting your rights that matter to you indirectly.

With that in mind, can you see reevaluating the importance
of MJ laws to you?
There you go. I support mj legalization and it would sway my vote.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 14:35   #134
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
A new member who exhibits a few troll-like behaviors is very likely to be a troll.

You don't buy my if part? What do you mean by that????
I don't buy the part that you said about speaking out against you're govt in the post I highlighted, that's all.

I don't think it would get to the point that just speaking out would get you in the scenario I was talking about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Sveke; 10-28-2012 at 14:36..
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 14:40   #135
frizz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
I don't buy the part that you said about speaking out against you're govt in the post I highlighted, that's all.

I don't think it would get to the point that just speaking out would get you in the scenario I was talking about.


Maybe we will get a totalitarian state here, and maybe we won't. I don't think we will either, but it isn't impossible. That is why I said "IF".

You are going beyond splitting hairs and into arguing about nothing.
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 14:41   #136
frizz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
No frizz, you're wording sucks. Everyone speaks against the govt everyday, they don't come to your house now, do they?

I laid out the details a few posts back

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
That's pretty funny coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between your and you're.
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 14:42   #137
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
OK.....To take your AR because you didn't turn it in.

You can keep all other guns except assault weapons and sawed off shot guns.

The soldier doesn't want to take it, agrees with you, but has to for fear of his own reprimand.

What do you do?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Frizz, this was the scenario I was talking about.

What would you do?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 14:43   #138
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
That's pretty funny coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between your and you're.
Ok, sorry. I'm on my cell using swype? It has auto correct?

Do you know what either of those are?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 14:49   #139
frizz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
Ok, sorry. I'm on my cell using swype? It has auto correct?

Do you know what either of those are?
Yes, but I don't really care. I can't tell if you are a troll or not, but you are excessively annoying.

I have not done this in 10+ years...


*plonk*
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 15:04   #140
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
Yes, but I don't really care. I can't tell if you are a troll or not, but you are excessively annoying.

I have not done this in 10+ years...


*plonk*
What are you talking about? It was a lively conversation.

Sorry, I won't annoy you anymore....and I'll wait, what 500 posts, before I speak up so I'll have enough post cred to join the discussion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 15:06   #141
THEPOPE
Nibb
 
THEPOPE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 6,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
Yes, but I don't really care. I can't tell if you are a troll or not, but you are excessively annoying.

I have not done this in 10+ years...


*plonk*
Don't make Eric separate you two....make peace, say your piece, and move on.

Just a suggestion before this gets locked, no harm intended .

good day...I SAID GOOD DAY ! !...I am out...
__________________
violators will be prostituted to the

fullest extent of the LAW...
THEPOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 15:29   #142
frizz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPOPE View Post
Don't make Eric separate you two....make peace, say your piece, and move on.

Just a suggestion before this gets locked, no harm intended .

good day...I SAID GOOD DAY ! !...I am out...
Thanks for the tip, pope, but *plonk* is an olllllld Usenet word for putting someone in your killfile so that you don't see any more of their posts. Here, that is my way of saying that I have added someone to my ignore list.
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 15:43   #143
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL
 
ilgunguygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Peoples Republic Of Illinois
Posts: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
MJ may not be a high priority for you, but shouldn't it have some weight in your vote?

Let's say two candidates are about equal on all of the other issues. One supports legalization and the other does not. Could it at least be a tie-breaker.

I also think you can look at supporting the rights of others, even if the particular right doesn't apply to you, as supporting your rights that matter to you indirectly.

With that in mind, can you see reevaluating the importance
of MJ laws to you?
Isnt that what I have been saying all along? Set your priorities and vote accordingly?
__________________
***RIP Okie, GT will never be the same without you Mr Mayor!***
ilgunguygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 15:58   #144
frizz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
Isnt that what I have been saying all along? Set your priorities and vote accordingly?
I figured from your comment, "Why should I give a damn about marijuana laws when I dont smoke it? I'm not going to base my vote on that" that you didn't give it any weight at all.

Glad to get that clarified that you do weigh it accordingly. And glad to see that living in IL hasn't driven you nuts and killed your brain.
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 19:49   #145
RYT 2BER
Senior Member
 
RYT 2BER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Gunshine State
Posts: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
The occasional liberal gun owner is a person who has a gun or two, but wouldn't be bothered much by giving them up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I am both. I vote pro-gun because I don't really care about abortion. Guns are my #1 issue. A candidate who is anti-gun is against me.
Agreed!!!
__________________
Unfortunately, with all the advances in medical science, there still just isnt any cure for "stupid".

Last edited by RYT 2BER; 10-28-2012 at 19:50..
RYT 2BER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:45   #146
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Impossible...everybody knows only Republicans can be pro-gun and only Democrats can be pro-choice.

Oh, wait...I'm both, so where does that leave me?

Libertarian? :p
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:17   #147
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,763


Oxymorons:

1. Liberals and pro-gun.
2. Conservative and pro-freedom.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:46   #148
kensb2
pistol n00b
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Apache, OK
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
Coming to your house to arrest you because you spoke against the government? "Just following orders" does not excuse immoral conduct.

If we get to the point where the government is moving towards totalitarianism, putting a round through that soldier's head is a matter of self defense.
I agree with this whole-heartedly, and I am a Soldier. Being a Reservist (non-combat arms), I suspect we'd be some of the last used to conduct this type of takeover. I sincerely hope it never comes to this. I would probably just stop showing up to 'Battle Assembly' if it did.
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:54   #149
Hines57
Simple Member
 
Hines57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: On the road
Posts: 7,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Oxymorons:

1. Liberals and pro-gun.
2. Conservative and pro-freedom.
Wrong!

Oxymorons:

1. Liberals and pro-gun.
2. Politicians and pro-freedom.
__________________
Sic Semper Tyrannis
In time, what's deserved always gets served
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

Last edited by Hines57; 10-29-2012 at 08:54..
Hines57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:21   #150
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,763


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines57 View Post
Wrong!

Oxymorons:

2. Politicians and pro-freedom.
So...conservative/GOP politicians are anti-freedom? What's the point of voting them in again?
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:28.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,466
375 Members
1,091 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42