GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 07:23   #26
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockski View Post
So confused you do not even know it.
You vote party lines like most other drones, and I'm the one that's confused?
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:33   #27
el_jewapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger123 View Post
My Dads a gun guy and Liberal. He was a union electrican all his working carrer therefore voted dem (need to keep those beni's flowing, right?), they never tried to ban the kind of guns he shoots, "normal pistols and rifles, no black evil assault rifles", therefore life is good right?

Drives me nuts but hey, what can you do?
That's it. Most of them have a shotgun and a hunting rifle that's never been under scrutiny (yet), and they couldn't care less about your AR-15's and the like. Fudds as they're called. But then, most of them wouldn't be in a gun owners group either.
el_jewapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:36   #28
hogfish
Señor Member
 
hogfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: fl
Posts: 4,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
That's exactly right...I'm neither.
Now I'm confused.
__________________
Opinions are like noses...everybody's got one.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:57   #29
frizz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,670
So what do you say about a gay, pro-choice person who opposes the Republican's position on tax structure? Ever heard of the Pink Pistols? It's a gay organization that works to convince other gays to arm themselves to be safe? http://pinkpistols.org/

What about a pro-choicer who is for gay marriage, but agrees with the Republican tax position and other Republican positions? And have you ever heard of the Log-Cabin Republicans? It is a gay organization that generally agrees with many other positions of the party. http://www.logcabin.org

There is a Democrat who is an ex-Representative politician from the Montgomery, Alabama area. When he was mayor of Montgomery, he advised people to get a gun and get training.


This is a good thing because it puts a damper on legislation by gun-grabber Democrats.


It is ridiculous to assert that any pro-gun Democrat/liberal is a fool or a Fudd. There are single-issue voters (abortion is another issue that has single-issue voters) and their are other voters who look at the entire spectrum, and vote for the candidate who's positions best match their positions.
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:06   #30
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanie5470 View Post
Thats why despite me being a registered republican, when someone asks I am neither. I believe in the republican idea of smaller government and less gov intervention and such and of course the gun thing but I am strongly pro choice and pro equal rights. Im also very against any religion influencing law. I dont give a **** what the bible says. Not in my daily life so definately not in the laws forced upon me. I guess I consider myself pro freedom in most cases. I think laws should be in place to protect you from other people doing wrong to you and thats it.
There is a LARGE number of Americans that describe themselves this way.

Myself included. Well said.

It's not black and white anymore. I'm a gun loving fiscal conservative who also believes in less govt AND also don't give a **** about religion, gays, abortions, gay marriage and firmly believe that religious ideals have no place in govt choices.

There is a huge population of people that are fiscal conservatives and then more liberal on social matters.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:16   #31
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
The occasional liberal gun owner is a person who has a gun or two, but wouldn't be bothered much by giving them up. They vote based on gun control like I vote based on the capital gains tax (I don't own stock).
Dead Wrong!! I'll go down shooting before they take my guns.

I'm also freak out about cap gains increase too!!

What kind of respectable repub doesn't own stock?

See how stupid your statement sounds when compared to one of equal stupidity aimed at you.

You see???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:20   #32
Providence
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 543
Speech and guns are primary functions of our constitutional liberty. If we can agree on liberty, everything else is negotiable. Federal control of speech and guns are a threat to liberty. If liberty is intact, then I'm okay. I'm not a fan of homosexual behavior, but as long as its private, it's really none of my business. That shouldn't stop me from saying I don't like it. But, all that said, I'm totally on favor of associating with a pro-gun group of another political persuasion. Pro-gun is pro-liberty, and we all benefit.

That's why I really like the NRA. They support a tone who is pro-second amendment.

Hope I didn't go too ot. If I did, my apologies.
__________________
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:21   #33
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
That's well said too.

I wish we had a middle ground. A viable middle party that can just ignore the extreme views of both parties.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:30   #34
mrmedina
NRA Member
 
mrmedina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Albuquerque,NM
Posts: 2,109
I snooped around their forum, most are gun owner refugees from supporting the Daily KOS. I do understand everyones post here. Yet I do feel sorry for the liberal web site of not seeing the bigger picture.
__________________

Big Dawg #1406, Sub Club #104
Kalashnikov Klub# 1105, Black Rifle Forum #1105
mrmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:43   #35
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
I just hope compromise isn't dead in the US

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:49   #36
frizz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
Speech and guns are primary functions of our constitutional liberty.
Free speech is one of the areas I have issues with the Republicans.

I support the right of fools and idiots to express their foolishness and idiocy. That includes jackasses who hate the USA. I despise them, but I don't think that they should be fined or imprisoned or otherwise harassed by the government.

The Republicans, generally, are OK with punishing them. I don't like that because 1) I value free speech and 2) where is it going to stop.

In Gulf War I, the Bush I administration went out of its way to to say that good, loyal Americans could oppose the war. In Gulf War II, the Bush II administration question the patriotism of those who opposed the war.

That was -- and remains -- a despicable position.


It is just as wrong and despicable as the Democrat's position against firearm rights.
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:49   #37
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 33,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
Dead Wrong!! I'll go down shooting before they take my guns.

I'm also freak out about cap gains increase too!!

What kind of respectable repub doesn't own stock?

See how stupid your statement sounds when compared to one of equal stupidity aimed at you.

You see???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
No, I don't. Just making up some BS doesn't make a point. You wouldn't go down shooting to protect your guns any more than you'd go down shooting to protect the right to roller skate.

Say what you want, but you know the truth.
__________________
Open carry activists are to gun rights what the Westboro Baptist Church is to free speech.

Last edited by Bren; 10-28-2012 at 08:49..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:50   #38
Hef
Stop Obammunism
 
Hef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Posts: 4,971
Gun rights are for everyone, even the people we don't like.
__________________
Molon labe
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:50   #39
Ironbar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The GR8 ST8 of Orygun!
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
I have met lots of liberals who are gun people. They then go to the polls and vote for the very people who say they want to ban guns. Doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me.
See, this is the conundrum I've never understood. You're a liberal gun enthusiast, but then you're perfectly comfortable voting people into power who want to ban guns and everything to do with them?

A wise person once wrote, "A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole."
Ironbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:52   #40
Spiffums
I.C.P.
 
Spiffums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,097
A Po man voting for a Republican is like a chicken voting for Col Sanders!!!!
__________________
Internet Celebrity Personality
Spiffums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:54   #41
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
No, I don't. Just making up some BS doesn't make a point. You wouldn't go down shooting to protect your guns any more than you'd go down shooting to protect the right to roller skate.

Say what you want, but you know the truth.
Going down shooting is just a figure of speech. Get a grip dude. No one is going to re write the constitution. Why do you think that? Our country was founded bearing arms, dems know that.

This is why common sense it's so important and unfortunately absent.

I'm not concerned about losing my right to own a gun. I'm just not. I am concerned about paranoid people imposing this crazy idea on the weak minded.

Guns are so ingrained in our history and citizens, they aren't going anywhere so stop the paranoia.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:57   #42
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Can one person show me some CREDIBLE evidence that leads you to believe that "they" are trying to take our guns away.

Legit evidence spoken by a legit person of power in this country.

I've heard nothing that really makes me think I could lose my rights

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:02   #43
frizz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post
See, this is the conundrum I've never understood. You're a liberal gun enthusiast, but then you're perfectly comfortable voting people into power who want to ban guns and everything to do with them?

A wise person once wrote, "A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole."
It has been mentioned more than once that there are many issues of importance. Only some people are single-issue voters. Why can you not understand that?
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:06   #44
Drain You
NRA member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
I have met lots of liberals who are gun people. They then go to the polls and vote for the very people who say they want to ban guns. Doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me.

Sure it does. They weigh all of the options and decided that gun rights aren't as important as their other views. That they don't realize that losing gun rights will be the start of losing everything else doesn't occur to them because you don't get real knowledge from fancy schoolin'

I myself would vote straight democrat if they jumped on the pro gun bandwagon and really meant it. But they won't, because they're stupid, and they wouldn't, because they lie.
Drain You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:09   #45
Ironbar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The GR8 ST8 of Orygun!
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
It has been mentioned more than once that there are many issues of importance. Only some people are single-issue voters. Why can you not understand that?
Why can you not understand that it's a contradiction?
Ironbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:10   #46
Fox
Varmit Control
 
Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 8,168
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger123 View Post
My Dads a gun guy and Liberal. He was a union electrican all his working carrer therefore voted dem (need to keep those beni's flowing, right?), they never tried to ban the kind of guns he shoots, "normal pistols and rifles, no black evil assault rifles", therefore life is good right?

Drives me nuts but hey, what can you do?
I have known lots of union guys that were pro-gun, pro-life, and very hawkish on foriegn policy. But they always voted Democrat because "Democrats were for the working man".

They let themselves get sucked into the class warfare.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:11   #47
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,702


Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
So what do you say about a gay, pro-choice person who opposes the Republican's position on tax structure? Ever heard of the Pink Pistols? It's a gay organization that works to convince other gays to arm themselves to be safe? http://pinkpistols.org/

What about a pro-choicer who is for gay marriage, but agrees with the Republican tax position and other Republican positions? And have you ever heard of the Log-Cabin Republicans? It is a gay organization that generally agrees with many other positions of the party. http://www.logcabin.org
I would say they should get their heads out of their butts on the tax issue and vote Libertarian.

Then they can put whatever else they want in their butts and keep their guns.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 10-28-2012 at 09:13..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:15   #48
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drain You View Post
Sure it does. They weigh all of the options and decided that gun rights aren't as important as their other views. That they don't realize that losing gun rights will be the start of losing everything else doesn't occur to them because you don't get real knowledge from fancy schoolin'

I myself would vote straight democrat if they jumped on the pro gun bandwagon and really meant it. But they won't, because they're stupid, and they wouldn't, because they lie.
Here's the deal. I'm not being condescending or narrow minded, just speaking from my everyday life. I live in CT, in the heart of liberal land.

Our gun sales in our state have doubled in the last 5 years. Some will say it's from the threat of losing them BUT I really haven't heard as much as a peep of talk regarding limiting guns from any of my many friends in local and state govt. In fact like I said in a different post a couple days ago the local news had a pretty favorable story on our LGS, which happens to be the tenth biggest in the country (Hoffmans Guns).

So, if you listen on the local ground level, no one is talking about taking guns away. Here at least.

Please chime in if your experience is different and not just what you read about. We all have friends in state govt. We all get the inside scoop a lot over beers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:16   #49
Fox
Varmit Control
 
Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 8,168
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
You vote party lines like most other drones, and I'm the one that's confused?
You vote for a pro-gun Democrat, that pro-gun Democrat is going to support anti-gun Democrat leadership. They already put Sotomayor and Kagan on the supreme court. If they get reelected, they will put more liberal activist judges on the SCOTUS and we lose the 2nd Amendment.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:21   #50
Providence
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
You vote for a pro-gun Democrat, that pro-gun Democrat is going to support anti-gun Democrat leadership. They already put Sotomayor and Kagan on the supreme court. If they get reelected, they will put more liberal activist judges on the SCOTUS and we lose the 2nd Amendment.
He's got a point there....
__________________
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:48.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,334
407 Members
927 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42