SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-29-2012, 18:50   #1
GlocknSpiehl
NRA Life Member

This story made me cry hard

OMFG, this story will break your hearts. I cried so hard after I read this. I guess it came too soon after the loss of my dog...have a couple hankies ready...

http://hrld.us/S6AH9C
Old 10-29-2012, 19:02   #2
sombunya

I read about one sentence and then left.

http://www.hopeforpaws.org
sombunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 19:04   #3
dango

There are people out there that are SO heartless that it would and does tramatize anybody with a heart. It takes a very certain kind of person to do this kind of job and needless to say , not my kind of people.
So , this is the only thing these types are good at and I use the word (GOOD) very abstractly.......!

Everyone that can and does this kind of work should experience some sort a pain in return , perhaps tazed or something but , some form of pain.........! OMHO !
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 19:07   #4
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I love animals. I can see the problem.

I can also see the most wonderful creatures in the world, and feel the heartache of losing each one. What a shame necessity is.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 19:08   #5
el_jewapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
There are people out there that are SO heartless that it would and does tramatize anybody with a heart. It takes a very certain kind of person to do this kind of job and needless to say , not my kind of people.
So , this is the only thing these types are good at and I use the word (GOOD) very abstractly.......!

Everyone that can and does this kind of work should experience some sort a pain in return , perhaps tazed or something but , some form of pain.........! OMHO !
Words escape me.

Gat damn hippies.
el_jewapo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 19:08   #6
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Sorry, having had to put down a couple of animals myself I do know it's hard, I am sorry for your recent loss.

That being said: euthanasia is necessary, dogs are not people and imposing a tax on people to cover no-kill efforts is BUNK.
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 19:09   #7
el_jewapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
What a shame necessity is.
This. It has to be done. I love dogs, I have a dog, but there are too many of them and they can't all be taken care of.
el_jewapo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 19:09   #8
itstime

Very sad for sure.
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 19:11   #9
K.Kiser

Spay and neuter pets... Too many strays making more strays, and much of this is due to human irresponsibility and/or concern... I'm a dog person through and through, and I've had some emotional weight come upon me for every hardtime stray that I've seen since I was probably 3-4 years old...
K.Kiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 19:13   #10
DaneA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post

Before you pass judgement on the techs who are asked to perform these acts please talk to one of them first. The people who need to feel the pain are those that dump their animals like yesterday's garbage. Unfortunately this same story plays out in most towns across the country everyday due to irresponsible people not understanding the commitment of owning a pet.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
DaneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 19:16   #11
BradD

...deleted

Romans 3:23 -> 6:23 -> 5:8 -> 10:9 -> 10:13

An Excellent Gospel Presentation

Last edited by BradD; 10-29-2012 at 19:17..
BradD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 19:39   #12
DaneA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
Sorry, having had to put down a couple of animals myself I do know it's hard, I am sorry for your recent loss.

That being said: euthanasia is necessary, dogs are not people and imposing a tax on people to cover no-kill efforts is BUNK.
It is not necessary though. Responsible ownership would effectively end kill shelters. With that said I don't feel that there should tax to cover no kill efforts. Make the irresponsible owner pay for it and watch. Maybe they will think twice before grabbing a puppy out of the newspaper for little Johny's Christmas present.
DaneA is offline   Reply With Quote