Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:23   #1
Paranoid Medic

Purchased new Voretx Strikefire Red/Green today & placed call to Vortex CS

So I went to my local gun store this morning and purchased a brand new Vortex Strikefire red dot only but they did not have any so I purchased the red/green model with the high AR mount for absolute co-witness for about $182 and some change.I decided to get it from my LGS instead of online because I like to support the local business. It mounted up nicely on my AR, co-witness was nice. I already had my backup sights zeroed and when I went to co-witness the red dot to my sights, I could barely see the red dot in the most highest settings in the bright sunlight, the green dot was fine but i don't really like the idea of having to switch back and forth between the 2 colors. So I called customer service at Vortex to see if they would let me exchange this brand new unit for a strictly red dot model. The lady at Vortex,I think her name was Linda was very nice but she said it would cost me an added $20 for them to do the exchange for me or I can do a straight exchange for a refurbished model. What the heck, this is brand new, purchased around 10am today. I told the lady that I would have to think about this and call back. Needless to say, I was very disappointed with the way the conversation went. I have heard a lot about their outstanding customer service but unfortunately that was not my experience.OK, rant over..Thanks for listening
Paranoid Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 13:46   #2
Paranoid Medic

I received a message from Vortex asking me to call them back and what I was told earlier was incorrect.I'll post an update once I get off the phone with them.
Old 10-18-2012, 14:05   #3
Paranoid Medic

Called Vortex back,ext 4. Talked with Lynette,they are emailing me a shipping label today for an exchange. Happy guy here..Though it's going to take some time to get my red only to me, I am pleased that this is being handled.
Thanks to Vortex for going out of their way in helping a customer
Old 10-18-2012, 23:15   #4
Bow Commander

Great to hear. Their CS is some of the best in the industry it seems. I think it's a huge selling point for them.
Old 10-19-2012, 17:56   #5
matt_lowry123

I'm glad it went well!!
matt_lowry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:40   #6
jmb79

You knowingly purchased a product and then decided you wanted to exchange it for a different product and were suprised by some initial minimal charge. Talk about taking advantage of good customer service, wow! I'd say that it's b.s. customers like you that make many businesses less inclined to provide customer service when it's really needed. What a baby.
jmb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 14:48   #7
Paranoid Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb79 View Post
You knowingly purchased a product and then decided you wanted to exchange it for a different product and were suprised by some initial minimal charge. Talk about taking advantage of good customer service, wow! I'd say that it's b.s. customers like you that make many businesses less inclined to provide customer service when it's really needed. What a baby.
Well thank goodness people like you do not work for them. You weren't loved enough as a child were you?