Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-23-2012, 20:53   #121
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Now, now PW,

Don't go breaking your own rule. Let's focus on the contradictions of Luke until we exhaust the topic.
With you I will, but yet excuse me, but your moniker on GT is Animal Mother, namely, your moniker is not "Lone Wolf8634," so understanding, I was addressing Lone Wolf8634 on THE RULE: Only ONE item, topic, subject and or theme at a time please.

You see -am-, in my estimation, you're an internet thread dilbert that wants to dominate and control every facet of the threads you decide to participate in. Sorry charlie, not gonna happen here. Just look at how you have responded in the single thread. I have addressed others and you have consistently "grabbed our interactions" as if they were yours. I'll get to you, I promise, as my usual practice is to get to every authentic response, but your an idiot if you think I am going let you control the direction or theme of this thread. Back up, wait your turn, and deal with it. Capisce?!?
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Thanks, but I typically don't follow the advice of condescending dolts." -GT's own: badge315

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-23-2012 at 20:54..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 21:02   #122
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
You have made the following claims in regard to star formation...

However when you have been asked to produce this scientific evidence refuting star formation, none has been forthcoming. So, if "all available research [you] could find indicates that stars cannot form by themselves",
could you kindly share some of this scientific, falsifiable, peer reviewed... evidence?

Cornell University Library's arXiv.org archive contains a pretty good archive of physics papers. Perhaps some of this "all available research" is archived there. You might even try the keyword proplyd, but given that you've done this research before, I suspect that you don't need my help, and you have citations readily available.

thanks,

-ArtificialGrape
You've never heard of Boyle's Law? Here ya go:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/boyles-law-info.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyle%27s_law

http://www.chm.davidson.edu/vce/gasl...eslawcalc.html

http://www.iun.edu/~cpanhd/C101webno...boyleslaw.html
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Thanks, but I typically don't follow the advice of condescending dolts." -GT's own: badge315

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-23-2012 at 21:04..
Old 10-23-2012, 21:09   #123
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

So much fail in this one. 100 Interwebs to the person that can explain why Boyle's Law is not applicable in this scenario.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Geko45; 10-23-2012 at 21:10..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 21:17   #124
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
With you I will, but yet excuse me, but your moniker on GT is Animal Mother, namely, your moniker is not "Lone Wolf8634," so understanding, I was addressing Lone Wolf8634 on THE RULE: Only ONE item, topic, subject and or theme at a time please.

You see -am-, in my estimation, you're an internet thread dilbert that wants to dominate and control every facet of the threads you decide to participate in. Sorry charlie, not gonna happen here. Just look at how you have responded in the single thread. I have addressed others and you have consistently "grabbed our interactions" as if they were yours. I'll get to you, I promise, as my usual practice is to get to every authentic response, but your an idiot if you think I am going let you control the direction or theme of this thread. Back up, wait your turn, and deal with it. Capisce?!?
Well, that was easy.

I rest my case.

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 21:40   #125
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
So much fail in this one. 100 Interwebs to the person that can explain why Boyle's Law is not applicable in this scenario.
Wow, just wow.... so gas laws and or gas properties are not applicable to star formation. Wow, just wow....

Okay, if you know how stars form or formed without gasses coalescing, please do tell, but note one thing, make sure your explanation(s) will hold up to scientific scrutiny.
Old 10-23-2012, 21:42   #126
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf8634 View Post
Well, that was easy.

I rest my case.
Point of order: Before you rest a case, you have first have had to make a case, which you did not. Nice try though...
Old 10-23-2012, 22:14   #127
PrecisionRifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
They're used to preaching to the choir which praises them for their insights. They can't grasp how their "insights" look to those not predisposed to agree with them. They don't understand your opposition so they repeat the same arguments over and over. Eventually what you're saying begins to get through. These people stop posting because they know the answers they're going to get. Some of them go on spiritual journeys and reevaluate what they know in light of what they have learned. Some of them come back, some of them don't. However, all of them are changed by what they learn here. It's difficult to accept that your worldview is incorrect.
Spot on, truth!

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 22:26   #128
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:

Luckily, your estimation is, at best, of negligible importance. Your disappointing habit of feigning offense in place of providing a substantive response to questions you are asked is hardly a new tactic but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be pointed out and emphasized every time you attempt to employ it.

As a side note, in case the reality has escaped you, this is a public message board. Anyone can respond to any post. If that somehow makes you feel uncomfortable, incapable, or unable to formulate a coherent response perhaps you should retreat to private messages where no one can point out your failures.
Old 10-23-2012, 22:31   #129
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Actually, I'd argue it's incumbent upon PW to explain how Boyle's law applies in the formation of stars.

From his vague, nonsensical posts, it appears he believes the formation of stars takes place within a closed system, despite the evidence to the contrary offered by the simple mechanism of looking into the cosmos.
Old 10-23-2012, 22:32   #130
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Point of order: Before you rest a case, you have first have had to make a case, which you did not. Nice try though...
The irony is strong in this one.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:17   #131
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
You've never heard of Boyle's Law? ...
Sure, I'm familiar with Boyle's Law.

Quote:
Actually, I'd argue it's incumbent upon PW to explain how Boyle's law applies in the formation of stars.

From his vague, nonsensical posts, it appears he believes the formation of stars takes place within a closed system, despite the evidence to the contrary offered by the simple mechanism of looking into the cosmos.
This is what I'd be interested in as well.

Peace Warrior,
Boyle's Law is based on a closed system which ISM is not.

So, would you care to show any refereed paper's that conclude that star formation is impossible (with or without reference to Boyle's Law)? Astrophysicists must not have your understanding, because arxiv.org that I previously mentioned is full of papers describing how star formation occurs.

So back to your claim that "all available research [you] could find indicates that stars cannot form by themselves". Can you share the research that reaches this conclusion?

thanks,
-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:46   #132
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
... As a side note, in case the reality has escaped you, this is a public message board. Anyone can respond to any post. ...
True, so true, and a personj such as myself can simply choose to ignore the incessant ramblings of an obsessive, possibly psychotic individual. Thanks for reminding me -am-.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:06   #133
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:

No, actually, I base my post on the research and studies of 100's of scientists whose only claim to the cosmos being able to formulate/create a star is to have 20 stars nova (i.e., blow up) pretty much simultaneously, and "nearby one another," in order to have even a small chance of forming a new star.

So knowing, if it takes 20 stars blowing up in order to have the processes in motion so as to form a new star, wouldn't this actually deplete the number of stars in the cosmos? Lose 20 to gain 1?!?

Hey, this logic would be great sell to the American public so as to eliminate debt, but it will NEVER work to harmonize what is observed in the universe with the Big bang theory.

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-24-2012 at 07:07..
Old 10-24-2012, 07:19   #134
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Wow, just wow.... so gas laws and or gas properties are not applicable to star formation. Wow, just wow....
If you read it more carefully, you will see that there are certain prerequisite conditions that must be present for Boyle's law to hold true.

Quote:
Quote:
Peace Warrior, Boyle's Law is based on a closed system which ISM is not.
This is exactly right. The coalescing of gases in a nebula is not a closed system. Boyle's law does not apply. 100 interwebs for each of you.

Quote:
Quote:
This is what I'd be interested in as well.
Certainly, I agree. But I think we all know that if we sat here and waited for PW to figure out the flaw in how he has misapplied his limited scientific knowledge the stars that could have never formed in the first place would all burn out. It's not like he ever understood the argument he was presenting to begin with. He's quite obviously repeating something he read/heard from a creationist apologetic source.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:21   #135
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

-am-, or geko45, (ETA) or artificial grape, just so as to make our respective points more clear and on even keel with one another, please remind me, or if i am wrong please inform me, when it comes to cosmological heat, or terrestrial heat, these types of heat are the only forms of energy that have to have a medium in which to disperse or dissipate in? Is this not true? If so, all well and good as this is a benchmark upon the position I am taking on this issue, but if not, please correct me as I do want to know the truth.

Thanks...

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-24-2012 at 07:26..
Old 10-24-2012, 07:40   #136
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
-am-, or geko45, (ETA) or artificial grape, just so as to make our respective points more clear and on even keel with one another, please remind me, or if i am wrong please inform me, when it comes to cosmological heat, or terrestrial heat, these types of heat are the only forms of energy that have to have a medium in which to disperse or dissipate in? Is this not true? If so, all well and good as this is a benchmark upon the position I am taking on this issue, but if not, please correct me as I do want to know the truth.

Thanks...
Here is the best layman's explanation I've heard which explains why the universe didn't just stay as a thinly distributed gas medium.

The gravity brings the gas together as described above which increases pressure, which increases heat and eventually the right conditions for a nuclear fusion reaction emerge and a star is formed.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:42   #137
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Quote:
Geko45, just so as to make our respective points more clear and on even keel with one another, please remind me, or if i am wrong please inform me, when it comes to cosmological heat, or terrestrial heat, these types of heat are the only forms of energy that have to have a medium in which to disperse or dissipate in? Is this not true? If so, all well and good as this is a benchmark upon the position I am taking on this issue, but if not, please correct me as I do want to know the truth.

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-24-2012 at 07:44..
Old 10-24-2012, 08:06   #138
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
...Certainly, I agree. But I think we all know that if we sat here and waited for PW to figure out the flaw in how he has misapplied his limited scientific knowledge the stars that could have never formed in the first place would all burn out. It's not like he ever understood the argument he was presenting to begin with. He's quite obviously repeating something he read/heard from a creationist apologetic source.
Response pending.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:14   #139
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Okay, Ill be back later.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:16   #140
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Geko45, just so as to make our respective points more clear and on even keel with one another, please remind me, or if i am wrong please inform me, when it comes to cosmological heat, or terrestrial heat, these types of heat are the only forms of energy that have to have a medium in which to disperse or dissipate in? Is this not true? If so, all well and good as this is a benchmark upon the position I am taking on this issue, but if not, please correct me as I do want to know the truth.
Not even sure what the heck you are talking about here with "comological" and "terrestial" heat, seems nonsensical. There is only heat and if it makes you feel any better, yes, heat can only be transfered from matter to matter via physical contact.

I would also point out that Boyle's Law does not take into consideration the effects of gravity. Or, to say it differently, Boyle's Law is only valid in a system where gravitational effects are so negligible as to not be worth calculating.

Last edited by Geko45; 10-24-2012 at 08:40..