Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-15-2012, 15:53   #26
Vultite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
Nevermind.

Good luck getting this resolved. Probably would have been wise to buy the replacement plan at wal mart on an el-cheapo like that.
I do have the plan from Walmart, it doesn't allow me to do anything until after the factory warranty is up.
Vultite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 16:02   #27
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP

Detroit, that explains. It's no different with GM cars.
Glock30Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 16:26   #28
Gregg702
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Eric View Post
Detroit, that explains. It's no different with GM cars.
I wouldn't be suprised if the TV had a blown head gasket.
Old 10-15-2012, 16:28   #29
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_jewapo View Post
Early in the video, you said maybe they don't like you, being the reason they sent you a broken T.V. I wonder why they wouldn't like you? Did you have that same tone to your voice the first time you called them? People don't seem to understand the fact that the people you're talking to really have no stake in the company. They're getting paid by the hour and couldn't care less if you're frustrated with the company. What they do care about is your tone with them. If you called up huffing with that tone in the video the first time, it wouldn't shock me at all if whoever you talked to walked back to the warehouse area and told them to send you that busted one.

I worked in tech support, which I imagine is about the same thing. When someone called me up huffing right off the bat and being an ******* to me like I broke their stuff, I didn't take it very well. I would do the bare minimum of service for them, just enough to cover my bases of what I had to do and nothing else. Hell, some days if I wasn't in the mood for it, something would accidentally push the hang up button, really fun when there was an hour or so que. Now when someone was nice and polite to me, I would go out of my way to do whatever I could to help them.

That's something people should remember when calling most any place like that, you're not talking to the CEO of the company. You're talking to someone who is getting paid whether you're happy with the company or not. Be nice to those people, it pays off.

ETA: I'm not saying you should just bend over and take anything they want to give you, I'm just saying to try to at least start the conversation out in a polite manner, you're not talking to the person directly responsible for your broken stuff.
I wonder if it was the lady across the street or the license plate bending bandit. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vultite View Post
Oh yeah, and this will be the LAST time I go "off-brand".
You said it. 10 min at Walmart or Best Buy and you would have been done.
Old 10-15-2012, 18:29   #30
Adjuster

I haven't watched the video yet but if I read correctly you purchased this tv at Walmart. Walmart has one of the most lenient no questions asked return policies there is. Whats with all the shipping? Cant you take it to your local Walmart and plop it down on the customer service desk? Ok I am going to go watch the video.

/
Adjuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 18:32   #31
Adjuster

Very poor packaging on Elements part.

/
Adjuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 18:33   #32
Vultite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
I haven't watched the video yet but if I read correctly you purchased this tv at Walmart. Walmart has one of the most lenient no questions asked return policies there is. Whats with all the shipping? Cant you take it to your local Walmart and plop it down on the customer service desk? Ok I am going to go watch the video.

/
According to the factory warranty policy, I have to deal directly with the manufacturer. My extended warranty through walmart goes into effect after the manufacturer's warranty expires. So I'm stuck playing their game until I finally get somewhere or the year is up. I'm guessing once the year is up, I'll actually get somewhere at this rate.

EDIT: Part of my rage is that they try to pin this on UPS each time, I can't wait to see the UPS people about this.

Last edited by Vultite; 10-15-2012 at 18:34..
Old 10-15-2012, 18:47   #33
costanza187
I like Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post

/
I agree... the OP should have talked to Walmart first. I imagine a trip to the local store would have prevented this whole brouhaha. He mentioned having the extended warranty and if he had the receipt (which I would assume he had if he bought that too).

The TV being an obvious legit purchase, I really believe that Walmart would have either issued a refund on the spot OR replaced the TV if they had any in stock.
Old 10-15-2012, 18:51   #34
Vultite

Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza187 View Post
I agree... the OP should have talked to Walmart first. I imagine a trip to the local store would have prevented this whole brouhaha. He mentioned having the extended warranty and if he had the receipt (which I would assume he had if he bought that too).

The TV being an obvious legit purchase, I really believe that Walmart would have either issued a refund on the spot OR replaced the TV if they had any in stock.
Yeah,I really wish I would have done that...because now I'm trapped in this perpetual shipping of TV's...oh, and I forgot to mention, there's a $400 hold on my credit card for a TV that isn't even worth that much..."in case I don't ship them back the damaged TV" But the whole point of this thread is for hopefully no one to make these mistakes...starting with buying anything from Element to begin with.

Last edited by Vultite; 10-15-2012 at 18:56.. Reason: left out stuff
Old 10-15-2012, 19:23   #35
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiGregg View Post
I wouldn't be suprised if the TV had a blown head gasket.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 19:53   #36
JimIsland

wtf is an Element? I thought that was a car or something? As the Chinese man says, "You order **** you eat ****".
JimIsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:04   #37
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vultite View Post
Yep, Walmart, and I don't expect anything other than for it to work while it's under warranty...it lasted 2 months of light use. Why is it so hard to expect a company to honor their word? I put this video up here as a warning to prevent people from being in my situation. BTW, this company doesn't use flunkies from India, they are based in the US and supposedly assemble the TV's now in Detroit...
I don't know sometimes I rather deal with Privet Patel from New Delhi, then Miss LaShawnaquea Jones from Detriot.

A TV only lasting 2 months does suck. Good luck with that .
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:19   #38
Cmacc

Should have went straight back to the store the minute it failed.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:25   #39
CLoft239
I Like Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmacc View Post
Should have went straight back to the store the minute it failed.
+1 Even when I buy items that have that "do not return to store if defective, contact us" label in the packaging, I still take it right back to the store if it's jacked up.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

Last edited by CLoft239; 10-16-2012 at 07:36..
CLoft239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:40   #40
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLoft239 View Post
+1 Even when I buy items that have that "do not return to store if defective, contact us" label in the packaging, I still take it right back to the store if it's jacked up.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".
That trick is done primarily so that the stores aren't 100% aware of the bad parts that their customers are receiving.

If it's broke or missing parts, you call the 1-800 number, they correct the issue, and the store is none the wiser. They can still find out but it isn't "in their face." Plus they don't have to buy back a $300 item because a $5 part was left out (this is probably at least 80% of the reason they do this).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Last edited by SC Tiger; 10-16-2012 at 08:16..
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:54   #41
okie
GT Mayor

I'm sorry you're having these issues my friend, I hope you can get them worked out
okie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
video, wtf