GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 19:08   #1
Glockwork Orange
Senior Member
 
Glockwork Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,502
New G19 Gen4

Trying to figure out this camera and how to upload pics, figured I'd try it out on my new G19...

[IMG]General Glocking[/IMG]
__________________
Stay Okie my friend!
Glockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 19:10   #2
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher
 
Fire_Medic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Gunshine State
Posts: 8,145
Congrats
__________________
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 19:17   #3
MikeG36
Senior Member
 
MikeG36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Have Gun Will Travel
Posts: 1,455
Congrats!! Nice picture BTW.....
__________________
NRA Member
GSSF Member
Certified Glock Armorer
MikeG36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 19:25   #4
meathead19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: greenville, SC
Posts: 2,633
Not to hijack as I think I have your twin.

But, they have Austria on the slide.......are they both born in Austria?

Last edited by meathead19; 11-04-2012 at 14:13..
meathead19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 19:26   #5
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,099
Congrats!
__________________
.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 19:48   #6
dakrat
Senior Member
 
dakrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: worldwide, on time, on target
Posts: 2,722
congrats! I see you got an HK moment with your loaded magazine there

unless of course the new Gen4 Glocks shoot bullets backwards
__________________
---Revolvers are the future---

Last edited by dakrat; 10-13-2012 at 19:49..
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 19:51   #7
Raleigh Glocker
Senior Member
 
Raleigh Glocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Three Guesses
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
congrats! I see you got an HK moment with your loaded magazine there

unless of course the new Gen4 Glocks shoot bullets backwards
I think that's the new inside joke to do. I've been tempted to post photos that way myself.
__________________
Glock videos and more!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TWANGnBANG
Raleigh Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 19:54   #8
Glockwork Orange
Senior Member
 
Glockwork Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead19 View Post
Not to hijack as I think I have your twin.



Hey! You're right! Your G19 looks an awful lot like my G19! Hmmmm...I wonder...

So far the recoil spring hasn't shot out of the front of the gun, the magazine release hasn't spontaneously disassembled the gun, and the bullets are coming out the right end...all of which I consider minor victories for the Gen4!

__________________
Stay Okie my friend!
Glockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 19:55   #9
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,520
Okay, this might be a silly question, but why are the top rounds backwards in the mags?
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 19:57   #10
dakrat
Senior Member
 
dakrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: worldwide, on time, on target
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Okay, this might be a silly question, but why are the top rounds backwards in the mags?
Gen4 magazines are ambidextrous...
__________________
---Revolvers are the future---
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 20:05   #11
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher
 
Fire_Medic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Gunshine State
Posts: 8,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
Gen4 magazines are ambidextrous...
__________________
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 20:09   #12
Glockwork Orange
Senior Member
 
Glockwork Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
congrats! I see you got an HK moment with your loaded magazine there

unless of course the new Gen4 Glocks shoot bullets backwards


I couldn't resist! A nod to HK and the $3000 custom 1911 cardboard box!

I remember someone asking me if it was safe to carry with a round in the chamber or not...I told them I carried with the chamber empty and the top round backwards just to be extra safe...after receiving a blank stare I had to explain "sarcasm" to them.
__________________
Stay Okie my friend!
Glockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 20:10   #13
Glockwork Orange
Senior Member
 
Glockwork Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
Gen4 magazines are ambidextrous...

Excellent!
__________________
Stay Okie my friend!
Glockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 20:11   #14
meathead19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: greenville, SC
Posts: 2,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockwork Orange View Post
Hey! You're right! Your G19 looks an awful lot like my G19! Hmmmm...I wonder...

So far the recoil spring hasn't shot out of the front of the gun, the magazine release hasn't spontaneously disassembled the gun, and the bullets are coming out the right end...all of which I consider minor victories for the Gen4!

So far it's been Glock Perfection.
meathead19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 20:13   #15
Glockwork Orange
Senior Member
 
Glockwork Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Okay, this might be a silly question, but why are the top rounds backwards in the mags?


It's an old inside HK joke, normally I just put the magazine in the gun backwards (sorry, couldn't help that one either, I just watched two back to back reviews on the XDM 3.8 compact and BOTH reviewers tried to put the magazine in backwards)...
__________________
Stay Okie my friend!

Last edited by Glockwork Orange; 10-13-2012 at 20:16..
Glockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 20:24   #16
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockwork Orange View Post
It's an old inside HK joke, normally I just put the magazine in the gun backwards (sorry, couldn't help that one either, I just watched two back to back reviews on the XDM 3.8 compact and BOTH reviewers tried to put the magazine in backwards)...
Sorry, I'm new.

The only HK joke I know of is the "Because you suck, and we hate you." one, which I really find amusing, even if it's not true. And if it is true, and did happen, that just goes to show how much money you can make when working with the government.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 20:29   #17
Glockwork Orange
Senior Member
 
Glockwork Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Sorry, I'm new.

The only HK joke I know of is the "Because you suck, and we hate you." one, which I really find amusing, even if it's not true. And if it is true, and did happen, that just goes to show how much money you can make when working with the government.


No problem! Welcome aboard!

Anybody got a good pic of the old HK catalog cover for TK? I found it, but can't seem to get it on post...
__________________
Stay Okie my friend!

Last edited by Glockwork Orange; 10-13-2012 at 20:33..
Glockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 20:34   #18
meathead19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: greenville, SC
Posts: 2,633
I'm all black inside...

My old 1990 Gen2 is.

The Glock armorer says he can "update" all the black parts to the newer silver parts for $45.

If I'm going to carry, should I have the armorer do this?

Glock said I have to have armorer install, or it''s not legit.
meathead19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 20:43   #19
Glockwork Orange
Senior Member
 
Glockwork Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead19 View Post
My old 1990 Gen2 is.

The Glock armorer says he can "update" all the black parts to the newer silver parts for $45.

If I'm going to carry, should I have the armorer do this?

Glock said I have to have armorer install, or it''s not legit.

From what I've heard, Glock will replace the internal parts for free if you drop by the Smyrna HQ...not sure if you're gonna be around Atlanta in the near future...
__________________
Stay Okie my friend!
Glockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 20:51   #20
meathead19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: greenville, SC
Posts: 2,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockwork Orange View Post
From what I've heard, Glock will replace the internal parts for free if you drop by the Smyrna HQ...not sure if you're gonna be around Atlanta in the near future...
I'd have to ship = 50.00.

So, they said they'd send parts to local armorer for free. then, I pay for his services......$45.

That includes him shooting and making sure it will be Glock perfection.

Last edited by meathead19; 10-13-2012 at 20:53..
meathead19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 21:33   #21
Glockwork Orange
Senior Member
 
Glockwork Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead19 View Post
I'd have to ship = 50.00.

So, they said they'd send parts to local armorer for free. then, I pay for his services......$45.

That includes him shooting and making sure it will be Glock perfection.

Oh, if Glock is supplying all the parts and you're certain this guy is a certified Glock Armorer, then I'd go for it!

Then again, Greenville to Atlanta is about 150 miles...you can make a day/weekend out of it and get it done free...World of Coke, Aquarium, get robbed in DeKalb County, etc...
__________________
Stay Okie my friend!
Glockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 22:46   #22
Glock40man
Senior Member
 
Glock40man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,728
Congrats on your G19!
__________________
________________________
.... you put a whole new shine on the word overkill. "When you need it, and don't have it.... you sing a different tune."- M. Gross
Glock40man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 22:54   #23
PrecisionRifleman
Senior Member
 
PrecisionRifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
congrats! I see you got an HK moment with your loaded magazine there

unless of course the new Gen4 Glocks shoot bullets backwards
ROFL! I didn't notice that at first. WOW! Surely it's a joke.....
__________________
PrecisionRifleman

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 23:07   #24
tbc
Member
 
tbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockwork Orange View Post
No problem! Welcome aboard!

Anybody got a good pic of the old HK catalog cover for TK? I found it, but can't seem to get it on post...
General Glocking


Sent from my iPhone 6 :D
tbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 23:26   #25
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc View Post
General Glocking


Sent from my iPhone 6 :D
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:28.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,274
355 Members
919 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42