Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-14-2012, 19:14   #21
Skeet732
NRA Life Member

Dealer should be smacked for having a loaded gun on display. What morons.
Skeet732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 19:15   #22
RonS

Years ago there was a show in the the next town to my west, across the state line that was kind of small. You could see some unusual stuff, old guns, not the usual tables of black rifles and handguns. One time my wife and I were in town shopping and saw the sign so I stopped in. There had been an AD about twenty minutes before we got there, went through the roof. Weird thing is I knew the guy responsible, he used to work in where I do and I know that he had an AD before and blown up his knee. Can't fix stupid. Never went to that show after that and I think the organizer finally folded his tent.
Old 10-14-2012, 20:33   #23
Wurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-2-E View Post
What the hell is a 4 yr old doing at a gun show? The guy picking up the firearm isn't that swift either.
What the HELL do you mean!

What the HELL are YOU doing at a gun show?
Wurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 20:37   #24
Wurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck66 View Post
I'm with you. I get wanting to expose kids to shooting/guns at an early age. But, taking them to an event that typically seems to be populated by every mouth-breathing, inbred moron in 3 states isn't a part of my plan for my kids. Too much of what happened here for me to take my kids.
So I guess you don't take them to Walmart either?
Wurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 20:45   #25
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-2-E View Post
What the hell is a 4 yr old doing at a gun show? The guy picking up the firearm isn't that swift either.
What's wrong w/ children being at gun shows?
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 20:59   #26
Scott3670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockwork Orange View Post
$6 bucks? It's usually $10-$12 bucks here in Atlanta area for Nazi paraphenalia, beef jerky, OLD ammo, and zombie stuff...if you're lucky you might glimpse a gun or two but it's usually Hi Points and Sigmas!
I thought you said guns.

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.
Scott3670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 21:39   #27
GAFinch

I went to a gun show recently...actually decent prices on some guns. If I had the money, I could've easily walked out with about four or five of them.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 21:42   #28
Ironbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississipVol View Post
So basically, except for the drama, it was a waste of $6.
And 99% of the time it's just a waste of $6.00.
Ironbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:17   #29
vafish

There have been cases of anti gun people loading guns at gun shows and walking away.

There also was an incident here where an anti gun person signed up for a ccw class, and in the classroom gun handling portion where no ammo is allowed loaded a .38 special.

I don't think all the gun show ND's are the fault of gun owners stupidity.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:41   #30
Chuck66
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurger View Post
So I guess you don't take them to Walmart either?
Not if I can help it. I don't like to take ME to Wal-mart.

To be fair, the number of fly-catching idiots fondling guns at Wal-mart is much lower. Usually they're just standing around scratching their asses at Wally world.
Freemason's Lodge #66

Behold! How swiftly the sands run, and how rapidly our lives are drawing to a close.
Chuck66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:03   #31
G36's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafish View Post
There have been cases of anti gun people loading guns at gun shows and walking away.

There also was an incident here where an anti gun person signed up for a ccw class, and in the classroom gun handling portion where no ammo is allowed loaded a .38 special.

Got to be honest, I never even considered that.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:35   #32
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murgatroy View Post
Why the hell not?

My daughter has been to dozens of shows. As a matter of fact, we just got home from the KCR Machine Gun shoot this afternoon. It is a great father daughter moment for the two of us. She has been going to shows since she was walking.

Maybe you also think that parents should keep all of their guns hidden in the back of the closet and pretend that they don't have any, that way when their ten year old child is digging to find what gifts he is getting for some holiday, he can shoot his sibling when he doesn't know what the hell to do with the gun?

My daughter and my wife for that matter are well versed in gun safety and are well aware that there are guns in the house. My daughter goes shooting with me quite often.

Maybe if more parents took their kids out and spent time with them pursuing some of the things that make this country great we would have less professional welfare liberals in the voting booths giving our freedom away for a loaf of bread.
Bravo! My daughter is 18 and has tagged along with me since she was six. We used to duck hunt with my son (21 now),and still dove hunt. We go to indoor and outdoor shooting ranges. For her 21st B'day, she will get a CWP course and prior to that, the carry gun of her choice..................... DOC
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:18   #33
gadgetnut259

You guys are arguing over whether or not children should be at gun shows, yet the original post never said that the 4 yr old girl was at the show! It said the bullet traveled through two walls and struck her. Most gunshows that I've been to are held in hotel conference centers or other venues where there are other things going on around/outside of the gunshow.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:28   #34
s&wfan

Better be glad it wasn't a 10mm that went off. Could have mushroom clouded up a seventy block area, and millions would have perished.

Well, in Mississippi, dozens would have perished.
s&wfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:41   #35
Skeet732
NRA Life Member

Quote:

Unfortunately, unless you have court testimony or a newspaper article to substantiate that claim, the onus remains on the gun dealer. In all the years I've been in gun stores looking at pistols, revolvers, rifles, & shotguns, I've never been handed a gun that didn't have its action opened and inspected by the counter man and I've never seen him take back a gun without verify that it is empty. To do anything else is to violate the first rule of gun safety. " Every gun is loaded until you prove otherwise" My opinion stands;moron status.
Skeet732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:45   #36
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murgatroy View Post
Why the hell not?
That's what I was thinking. I've been to a lot of gun shows and never seen one where there weren't some kids.
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 13:11   #37
tuica

Not yet happened to me, but my buddy was at a SoCal. gun show when a handgun blasted off. Always be prepared to hit the deck! Cheers.
Old 10-15-2012, 13:20   #38
TheExplorer

Wow. I never had anything like this happen around me, but considering the interesting looking characters going in, I'm a bit surprised it hasn't.
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 14:46   #39
mr00jimbo

Quote:

Not that I doubt that happens, but are there any documented cases of this kind of stuff?

In Canada you need a federal license to own guns. So this anti group decided to show the world how "easy" it was to get the licence so they signed up for the course. Problem was they all swept the instructor with poor handling techniques and all failed the class, so they scrapped that strategy.
Old 10-16-2012, 19:37   #40
Drucker

Wow, have never been to a gunshow with an AD. At the one I went to (with my wife) last weekend many families and couples. Not counting the John Birch table area
Price was $7 and they had 700 tables. I went in with 1 franklin for stuff, my wife walked out with a Colt New Agent in 9mm. Next time she stays home...
Drucker is offline   Reply With Quote