Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-13-2012, 00:43   #1
Capt.Easy

The better Mouse trap....

Hi again mas , you're posts are always a high point of my day; Since I live most of the time in shorts & t-shirt weather(Florida Keys) I tend to carry a NAA .22mag 5 shot revolver loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 45gr FTX.
I know, I know it's the mouse that roared , but it is(hopefully) better than the blade I always carry , but wondered if a Ruger LCP w/Ct would be better even though the ballistic gel test shows the.22mag with similar results? Obviously in low light the laser gets the nod. Believe me if clothes permitted I'd much rather be sticking my 454 Alaskan in my pocket, or my G20 or......Any way THIS is my always piece , would the .380 be better until I start wearing seriously baggy clothes or spend more time in winter clothes country? Thanks, David
Old 10-13-2012, 04:48   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Bigger bullets...more shots...much faster delivery of accurate gunfire one-handed...your instincts are correct to guide you to the LCP from your 5-shot single action .22 revolver.

I hear you on the shorts and T-shirts. Have you tried a subcompact 9mm in a belly band? Works for a LOT of folks in your situation.

Best of luck,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 00:02   #3
Capt.Easy

Hi mas, You confirmed the obvious for me ; I have always carried "light" because of fear of printing with the clothes limitations. I am not at all familiar with belly band holsters,can you recommend a model or a criteria to start with? I have preferred pocket carry so if it's a false alarm I'm just standing with my hand in my pocket instead of a piece pointed at someone. I have a friend that front pockets a LCP and it's not noticeable; If I go much bigger than the Mouse gun as a primary I think you are right, the 9mm is in a way different class than the .380, even with the best rounds. I checked out Kangaroo Carry, but once again presentation seems awkward and real obvious when you dive into the neck of your shirt to draw. If you have the time your input would be much appreciated . Thanks,David

Last edited by Capt.Easy; 10-14-2012 at 00:10..
Capt.Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:39   #4
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Gould & Goodrich makes a very good belly band.

You might also want to look at more loosely cut shorts, such as 5.11 or Woolrich, whose pockets are less likely to allow printing.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote