Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-11-2012, 17:17   #51
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_jewapo View Post
And if they'd have gotten you down, do you think they'd have shown you the same restraint? I doubt it. You should have buckled some grills.
Perhaps you are right, and at that very specific moment in time I could have absolutely flattened every one of them. But that was not what I chose to do.

I wish I could find the proper words to descibe how I moved and reacted during that situation. It was like I was outside of myself, making decisions several steps in advance, and moving with no effort. Every step was on balance and perfect.

Ahhhhh.... youth and training.
Old 10-11-2012, 17:25   #52
cgwahl
Sheriffs a near

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo509 View Post
one reason they might have a case is because once they were on the ground and not fighting anymore, you can't keep hitting them. Kinda makes me sick and I really hope they lose the case. They got what they deserved.

There is no telling what is going on behind the counter, but I think they just got really lucky that the guy who beat them just got out of jail a few months prior. Article says he was in for ten years for killing his friend.

Get a sympathetic enough jury who falls for their crap that he is too dangerous for society and rake in the money.

Kind of feel for the dude, I wouldn't necessarily call him a "good" guy. But at least he's working instead of dealing drugs or breaking into homes.

Pawsitively Stylish Mobile Pet Salon (Southern California)

Last edited by cgwahl; 10-11-2012 at 17:26..
cgwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 17:28   #53
Jake514

Send a message via Yahoo to Jake514
I wonder why the video was started before the event started...just like someone needed the video for evidence in the law suit?
Jake514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 17:42   #54
m87

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99er View Post
I bet she's a liberal. Liberals screw up everything.

I wonder if there is a way we can send this guy some money. I watched part of one of the other videos. In an interview, he seemed like a pretty mellow guy.

He even stopped, until they started getting back up. I wish we could hear what he is saying to them.
Regardless of whether you think these ladies deserved this, I'd hold off on sending this guy money...story says he spent a decade behind bars for killing a friend, so he's hardly an innocent kid.
m87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 19:19   #55
Panzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines57 View Post
I am so glad I got out of the restaurant business before the advent of cell phone video. Any of you that know Dallas, I had the pleasure of managing a 24 hour restaurant in the Red Bird mall area. This kind of crap happened all the time. Had a gun pulled on me, food thrown on me, all kinds of fun stuff.
Ya I know the area... That area is a $***hole.
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 19:26   #56
Hurricanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by m87 View Post
Regardless of whether you think these ladies deserved this, I'd hold off on sending this guy money...story says he spent a decade behind bars for killing a friend, so he's hardly an innocent kid.
While he may have done something messed up in the past, he did his time. That doesn't mean he deserves to be treated like crap by these two pieces of garbage.
-Joel
Hurricanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 19:28   #57
Sporaticus
Aw sheet main

Quote:
What kind of friends do you think the guy has?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I would take a book learner over the assumption making that runs rampid on this forum.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rampid
Sporaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 19:30   #58
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporaticus View Post
Fewer?
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 19:31   #59
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:

Maybe that kind of employee is necessary in that area/location. May have fit the job description. Anyway, he done good.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 21:25   #60
dre23

I read the article portion earlier today. I t did not go into specifics of what he was convicted of, so won't comment as to whether he is a good guy or not. Either way they got what they deserved. I don't recall ever reading something something that says you are entitled to a fair fight, especially when you start it.
dre23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 22:00   #61
SMOKEin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporaticus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Fewer?

Dammmit you beat me too it!!
Old 10-11-2012, 22:13   #62
RenoF250

My only complaint is he didn't whack that annoying blonde. "Stooahp staahp" WHACK!
RenoF250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 22:29   #63
rednoved
NRA Member

I read in another article he did 10 years for murdering a fellow classmate in high school, and shooting a young child in the process.

It appears that the two women were just loud mouths that started a fight with the wrong guy, and got what they deserved.

However, if they had been a friend or family member of the classmate he murdered or the child he also shot, would you still feel the same way about the situation?
rednoved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:38   #64
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednoved View Post
I read in another article he did 10 years for murdering a fellow classmate in high school, and shooting a young child in the process.

It appears that the two women were just loud mouths that started a fight with the wrong guy, and got what they deserved.

However, if they had been a friend or family member of the classmate he murdered or the child he also shot, would you still feel the same way about the situation?
You mean a friend or family member of the classmate he murdered or the child he also shot, who acted like a jackass, jumped over the counter, and started a fight with the guy?

Yes, I'd probably feel about the same.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:52   #65
FPS

IF you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:09   #66
Airborne Infantryman
Future JBT

If the guy defending himself was white, he'd have been arrested for a hate crime against blacks, and then an FBI investigation would take place, then the Black Panthers would put a bounty out on his head, while the Justice Dept looks the other way.........oh, and then Obama would say "If I had another daughter, she'd look like her".

America - The only country where you can sue [and win] because of your own stupidity.
Airborne Infantryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:17   #67
Combatcomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPS View Post
IF you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

For the win!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:41   #68
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
Neither of them reported any grill damage.
OK, that was funny.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:12   #69
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
I was completely un-concerned with teaching them a lesson. I was concerned with not ending up in jail or sued, not hurting those women or getting hurt myself. Call me old-fashioned.

I would imagine that the lesson learned was "Holy ****, that white-boy moved like greased lightning!!".

You could have had Sweet Brown do color (no pun intended) commentary on it.

(The remixes just crack me up.)
Old 10-12-2012, 07:27   #70
mgs
Always Carrying

Justice prevails! Come accross that counter and you're all mine!
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:38   #71
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Perhaps you are right, and at that very specific moment in time I could have absolutely flattened every one of them. But that was not what I chose to do.

I wish I could find the proper words to descibe how I moved and reacted during that situation. It was like I was outside of myself, making decisions several steps in advance, and moving with no effort. Every step was on balance and perfect.

Ahhhhh.... youth and training.

Sounds like you must have been a completely different person than the kid who posts here...or thought you were.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:51   #72
IGotIt
No Demlibtards

I'm glad they received what they did for starting the fight and their stupidity, however in the end, McDonalds is going to be out a fairly good sum of money.

Maybe McDonalds should give them a store to run in a not so pleasant location instead of a monetary award. Then let's see what happens to the two.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:53   #73
voyager4520
-----

Well it's in NY so they may have a chance with the loony toon courts there. It's clearly self-defense though so in most other parts of the country they'd have no case.

Last edited by voyager4520; 10-12-2012 at 07:54..
voyager4520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:54   #74
superlarry

Quote:
Fewer?

Just when I was giving up hope on GT this thread comes along..

Gotta love the blonde yelling STOP!!! Yip, that'll do it..
Old 10-12-2012, 08:40   #75
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member

Looks like a case where the two chicks should have applied "don't start none, won't be none."