Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:08   #1
MississipVol

Room on my Carbine

I have the Magpul edition of the Colt LE6920. I am thinking of getting the Aimpoint Pro pretty soon BUT was wondering - is there enough real estate on the upper to put the AP Pro AND have room for a Magnifier down the road or do I have to get another mount that would position the optic forward?

I really like the Pro and its price point but would hate to spend $180 for a LT forward mount. Are there any more budget friendly ways to do this if the forward position is necessary?

What if I went with the EXPS Eotech instead? Thinking this may not be an issue.

Let me know your thoughts for those of you that have experience with these issues. Thanks!!
MississipVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:11   #2
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

You'd need the LT129 cantilever mount if you wish to fit a magnifier, rear sight and optic all at once.

Leaving off the backup sight would give you enough room with the standard mount. Not optimal if it will be used for serious work.

The XPS would not change things from what I remember.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:52   #3
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member

I know that you can mount an XPS2 in the most forward slot and a BUIS in the most rearward slot and have room for the magnifier. You'll need a cantilever mount to do the AP.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:36   #4
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travclem View Post
I know that you can mount an XPS2 in the most forward slot and a BUIS in the most rearward slot and have room for the magnifier.
I'm not sure I've ever seen even an XPS2 that didn't require a flip-to-side for the magnifier but maybe I've forgotten. It may fit but the BUIS can't be raised unless the magnifier is removed.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 10-23-2012 at 12:54..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 14:56   #5
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
I'm not sure I've ever seen even an XPS2 that didn't require a flip-to-side for the magnifier but maybe I've forgotten. It may fit but the BUIS can't be raised unless the magnifier is removed.
Correct, you do need a flip to side mount for what I described, but The XPS has nothing to do with this. What in my post made you think that I said you didn't need a FTS mount? I'm not sure why you would want to flip the sight up with the magnifier in place, it can't be used through the magnifier.

Last edited by Travclem; 10-23-2012 at 15:02..
Travclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 15:21   #6
MississipVol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travclem View Post
Correct, you do need a flip to side mount for what I described, but The XPS has nothing to do with this. What in my post made you think that I said you didn't need a FTS mount? I'm not sure why you would want to flip the sight up with the magnifier in place, it can't be used through the magnifier.
Wait.....you sent this from a pay phone in a whorehouse in Mexico???

I was just waiting for a guy to get off the pay phone at a whorehouse in Mexico myself to send THIS message!!!
MississipVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 15:32   #7
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
You'd need the LT129 cantilever mount if you wish to fit a magnifier, rear sight and optic all at once.

Leaving off the backup sight would give you enough room with the standard mount. Not optimal if it will be used for serious work.

The XPS would not change things from what I remember.
I have an EXPS3-0 and fully intend on putting a G33 magnifier on when I can find one.
Old 10-23-2012, 15:34   #8
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Pay the extra cash for the EXPS, problem solved, 1/3 co-witness for the BUIS makes more sense as well.
Old 10-23-2012, 16:49   #9
Cole125
Silver Membership

This is a photo from anther thread, but it goes to show a Aimpoint Pro, PA magnifier w/AMD mount, will fit on the upper.

Black Rifle Forum

The Aimpoint Pro does hang out slightly, not sure if it would hit into your MOE hand guard. If it does you could get something like a Troy Drop in rail that makes everything flush.

Last edited by Cole125; 10-23-2012 at 16:49..
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote