Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:44   #1
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

Carry into bank?

I have only been carrying for a couple of months now, in my laptop bag to work. I know a lot of people disagree with that method of carry, but now that it's getting colder I'll think about using a paddle holster under my jacket.

There is no law in Ohio prohibiting me from carrying in a bank. My bank has no posted signs banning guns. The branch I go to was robbed last week.

So, would you (do you) carry when visiting your bank?

On the one hand I think it's clearly a place where a BG with gun may show up. On the other hand, I wouldn't want anyone to see me carrying and panic, leading to who knows what.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."
- John Adams
jeanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:56   #2
Lior
GUNS=FREEDOM

Just go about your business at the bank with your shooter concealed from casual observation - you'll be fine.
Rust and bureaucrats. Freedom and vigilance. Front sight and trigger. Kindness and firepower. Situational awareness and tolerance. Safety and concealment. Taxes and allegiance. Love of man and surgical marksmanship. Once a soldier, always a soldier.
Lior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:12   #3
rvrctyrngr
Senior Moment

Why would I NOT carry in a bank?

Perfectly legal here in FL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
-Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes Brown v. United States, 1921
rvrctyrngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:27   #4
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

In NY/NYC, it is the EASIEST way to get a "business carry" permit - show proof of frequent deposits of large sums of cash.
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:51   #5
eracer
Where's my EBT?

I carry everywhere it is legal for me to do so.

Here in Florida, that includes banks.

I had an interesting exception a week ago. I was carrying when I checked into the orthopedic surgeon's office for an evaluation of a knee injury the week before. The sign on the door said 'No Weapons Allowed.' I of course ignored it and went to check in.

I got to thinking that they might do an MRI (they ended up just doing an X-Ray) and I didn't want to deal with having a large chunk of steel in my pocket as I was prepped for it. So I took the gun back to my truck prior to going to the imaging department.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks

Last edited by eracer; 10-10-2012 at 05:51..
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:09   #6
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

I do not carry in Banks,

It is perfectly legal in Fl. and none of my local banks have no gun signs.

But I do not carry in them because I don't go in them. I conduct all my business in Drive thru.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:13   #7
fuzzy03cls

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrctyrngr View Post
Why would I NOT carry in a bank?

Perfectly legal here in FL.
Ditto
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:16   #8
SCmasterblaster

I CCW into my bank

I go there twice a moth here in rural VT, and my G17 is ready with 9x19 115gr JHP +p+ loads. Anyone who wants my money will get ventilated with my 1400 FPS JHP bullets.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:16   #9
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanderson View Post
I wouldn't want anyone to see me carrying and panic, leading to who knows what.
You'll get over this before too long and honestly forget you're carrying upon occasion.

People aren't this aware. You could carry a shotgun in a shoulder holster over your coat and probably 9 times out of 10 no one would notice.
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:14   #10
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

If it's not posted, I do...OC & CCW.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:29   #11
jeepinbandit
Sgt. USMC

Send a message via Yahoo to jeepinbandit
If it's legal do it.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:45   #12
Bullwinkle J Moose
Quick! Duck!

If you allow anyone anywhere in public (and not just in a bank) see you flash a concealed weapon, you might cause panic, leading to who knows what. If you can master the concealed part of concealed carry, the carry part should be no problem. Spend the energy you are spending now worrying about failure to conceal on successfully concealing your EDC and live your life with peace of mind. I know when you first start carrying, you can feel like your weapon stands out like that big zit on your nose on prom night, but with practice and more experiencing carrying in public, your insecurity, self consciousness and fears will diminish.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:35   #13
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Never seen a bank in MO that posts. No problemo. I could likely OC and no one would care.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:57   #14
BADOS

I carry everywhere in Florida as prescribed by the law. I do believe if someone posts no admitance with a firearm, and you enter, you could be "trespassing" and asked to leave. I may be wrong on this, but I believe I was once told this by a sgt. in the sheriff's dept.
BADOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:42   #15
M24C

I carry everywhere it is legal. If I could predict where the Bad Guy was at and only carry at that time. I might not carry the other times. Until I can do that I carry everywhere it is legal.
40 Club number #164
M24C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:25   #16
ashecht

Not legal to do so in NC
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
ashecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:49   #17
Glotin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADOS View Post
I carry everywhere in Florida as prescribed by the law. I do believe if someone posts no admitance with a firearm, and you enter, you could be "trespassing" and asked to leave. I may be wrong on this, but I believe I was once told this by a sgt. in the sheriff's dept.
You can be asked to leave any private property at any time for trespassing, no?

Glotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:55   #18
cowboy1964

Unless it's posted, there is no reason not to.

I'm about to leave my current bank, not only because they are signed but they ripped out their ATM months ago and haven't replaced it. I'm going to pick my next bank on whether or not they are signed (if there ARE any around here!)
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:01   #19
Gunnut 45/454

Yep when I do go into the bank- OC/CCW!
Old 10-10-2012, 14:51   #20
Caver 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Unless it's posted, there is no reason not to.

I'm about to leave my current bank, not only because they are signed but they ripped out their ATM months ago and haven't replaced it. I'm going to pick my next bank on whether or not they are signed (if there ARE any around here!)
My bank (which serves 23 states) posted several years ago. I started with the local bank manager, found out it was new corporate policy, and worked my way on up the banks chain of command.

I politely informed them my accounts would be closed if the signs did not come down by a certain target date. Many of us around here also gave the same notice. I also posted on pro gun internet boards, both instate and in other states where the bank operated.

The signs came down by the target date, and have not gone back up.

I know it would have been a lot of trouble, but I would have closed my accounts with that bank, if the signs had stayed up. I had been with the bank for almost 30 years before that.
Caver 60 is offline   Reply With Quote