SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-27-2012, 23:52   #21
Cowart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynpete View Post
i've heard about issues with the 7 round mag.
FWIW, I have a single unmodified 7 round mag for my CW45, and it works fine. So, it *is* possible to get a good one!
Cowart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:12   #22
Kablam

So are we saying that a mag from a TP45 won't work (or may be troublsome) in the other 45s? That kinda blows. I could use any 9mm Kahr mag in my PM9. At least all the ones I tried worked.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 15:39   #23
Cowart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablam View Post
So are we saying that a mag from a TP45 won't work (or may be troublsome) in the other 45s?
No, we're not saying that. We're saying that a *single* magazine owned by "ScoPro" has a problem in his *particular* gun.
Old 12-06-2012, 22:37   #24
Kablam

Yeah...guess I know that. Sorry. I jumped the gun so to speak. I feel frustrated that there are so many finicky guns out there. Stupid of me because I know the majority of them are fine. We just hear about problems on the Internet more than good resuts. The stupider thing is I have no problems with my guns. Again, sorry. I want to buy a CW45 and after reading some posts, I borrowed trouble that most likely wont affect me. Doh!
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 13:01   #25
bklynpete
Viet Nam Vet

The internet is both good and bad. Since I started this post, I've been very happy with my CW45. I also really like my CM9.
bklynpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:23   #26
PattonT

I had a CW45 and actually liked it but I could not reload for it. About every other round would catch on the ejecting case. Factory FMJ was 100%. STAY AWAY FROM HORNADY with the Kahr 45's as the chamber is reamed too tight to feed. I tried the commander sized 1911 magazine and honestly it's not worth the trouble of modifying it to work with the Kahr testing it so much. I had one of the safariland ALS holsters for a G19 that worked great.
Old 12-08-2012, 13:52   #27
bklynpete
Viet Nam Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattonT View Post
I had a CW45 and actually liked it but I could not reload for it. About every other round would catch on the ejecting case. Factory FMJ was 100%. STAY AWAY FROM HORNADY with the Kahr 45's as the chamber is reamed too tight to feed. I tried the commander sized 1911 magazine and honestly it's not worth the trouble of modifying it to work with the Kahr testing it so much. I had one of the safariland ALS holsters for a G19 that worked great.

I would think any lead round nose bullet would work for reloading. I'm guessing the Hornady bullet is JHP. I'm sure I may get some arguments here, but it is my understanding not to use reloads for SD ammo. I only use factory JHP, and so far, haven't found any rounds that don't work well in my CW45. I use a MTAC for a G19 for my CW45, and it works well also. I heard about modifying 1911 mags, but I'm happy with the stock 6rd mag. Maybe, one day, I'll try an ext 7rd mag for a backup.
bklynpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 17:03   #28
Kalmah
Supreme Member

I hadn't heard of any issues with the 7 rd mags. Mine works just fine. I use it for an extra carry mag, with a 6 rd in the gun. I thoroughly tested it before declaring it good to go.
Old 12-08-2012, 21:27   #29
PattonT

No, Kahrs are known for there tight chambers so the Hornadys literally don't fit. The problem with reloads was actually the fact I couldn't resize the casing small enough once again do to the tight chamber. If I took the decapping pin out of the sizing die and ran the finished cartridge through it would make it small enough but it sounds dangerous.

Last edited by PattonT; 12-08-2012 at 21:29..
PattonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:21   #30
Cowart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattonT View Post
The problem with reloads was actually the fact I couldn't resize the casing small enough once again do to the tight chamber.
You need to be using a separate taper crimp die, and doing the crimping as a separate step from the bullet seating. See

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/531998/
or
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/244052/
Old 12-12-2012, 10:33   #31
scattershot

I just got a CW45, and mine won't feed Hornadys, either. In my research, I have found most folks prefer the Gold Dots in the Kahr. Another problem I encountered is that reloads with 200 lswc are problematic. Rnl and tc bullets seated fairly deep are the way to go, at least in my pistol. I like the pistol, but I'm not sure I would have bought it if I had known it was going to be so finicky.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:04   #32
PattonT

Yeah the are one of those pistols people will rave about but after you get one they are like yeah they won't do this or that. I met someone who said his does not like any hollow points and he is limited to ball ammo only.