Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:36   #1
HexHead

Was the rumor mill wrong? ....

The iPad Mini rumor mill was awash with a report from an unnamed "major Apple investor" that invites for an October 17th announcement were supposed to go out yesterday.

Well, they didn't.

That was the big rumor everyone hung their hat on.

As for the "leaks" from China? Remember that the iPhone 4s was supposed to be the 5 and have a teardrop form factor? Saw the photos. Cases were being manufactured. Oh, but some stock analyst said it was going to happen, do it has to be true!

As for the latest rumors about the iPad Mini, it will be Wifi only and will not have a Retina screen. So it may be larger, but not even as good as the new iPod Touch, which got the new iPhone 5 screen and sells for $299.

I don't know, but I don't see it happening.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:03   #2
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexHead View Post
The iPad Mini rumor mill was awash with a report from an unnamed "major Apple investor" that invites for an October 17th announcement were supposed to go out yesterday.

Well, they didn't.

That was the big rumor everyone hung their hat on.

As for the "leaks" from China? Remember that the iPhone 4s was supposed to be the 5 and have a teardrop form factor? Saw the photos. Cases were being manufactured. Oh, but some stock analyst said it was going to happen, do it has to be true!

As for the latest rumors about the iPad Mini, it will be Wifi only and will not have a Retina screen. So it may be larger, but not even as good as the new iPod Touch, which got the new iPhone 5 screen and sells for $299.

I don't know, but I don't see it happening.
I heard it will have the same pixel dimensions as the original iPad, with a 7.85" screen. Does that not make a retina display?

Let's be honest here, retina display is sort of an arbitrary number anyway.

I had thought about it being wifi only as well to cut costs, but there was evidence of a cellular antennae so I suspect they may make 2 versions.

With the supposed issues they are having with supplies, they may have pushed the release of it back. Many Apple predictions aren't wrong, just that they changed their minds. I suspect the tear drop shaped iPhone was just an ill conceived mock up or demo unit. Not that it was never going to happen.