Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:39   #26
PBCounty

Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
That's gonna be a nasty autopsy.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:42   #27
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Stupid and sad at the same time. Doubt it was anything to do with the bugs. I have eaten cockroaches, big North Carolina ones, they aren't that bad unless they aren't totally dead when you swallow them. Had a First Sgt. try to one up us when we were eating bugs in the field one time, he had a giant one, like four incher...he was holding it up to show it off as he ate it...it ran down his throat for him. Talk about wretching for an hour. Too funny.

Those big NC grubs from the swamps of Camp Lejeune were worse, slimy and nasty. Black beetles taste like corn nuts. Grasshoppers are yummy and some ants taste like licorice.

Last edited by GreenDrake; 10-09-2012 at 10:42..
GreenDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:45   #28
PBCounty

Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
Stupid and sad at the same time. Doubt it was anything to do with the bugs. I have eaten cockroaches, big North Carolina ones, they aren't that bad unless they aren't totally dead when you swallow them. Had a First Sgt. try to one up us when we were eating bugs in the field one time, he had a giant one, like four incher...he was holding it up to show it off as he ate it...it ran down his throat for him. Talk about wretching for an hour. Too funny.

Those big NC grubs from the swamps of Camp Lejeune were worse, slimy and nasty. Black beetles taste like corn nuts. Grasshoppers are yummy and some ants taste like licorice.
That gets a Jim Varny "eww" face.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:55   #29
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post

And the big black carpenter ants are like lemon drops.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:07   #30
noway

Military SERE has a how topic on identifings bugs to eat. A cockroach would be the last thing on my meal plate & I would pass on most of the other crawling creatures.

The grasshopper is not to bad. Please don't ask me how I know
noway is offline   Reply With Quote