Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-11-2012, 16:59   #151
duckdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCounty View Post
Alright, I'll do mine.

I was 17 y/o or so and sitting in my (mom and dad's) living room at just after 2:00 a.m. reading a book. Just over the top of the book I see a poorly defined figure walk out of the family room (from direction of parents' bedroom), into the kitchen and into the utility room where it disappeared. I could make out almost no detail other than a greyish color and a basically human shape. It being late, I was tired and my eyes had been reading for hours I was able to eventually calm and convince myself that it was my imagination....either way I went to bed somewhat shaken. So, no big deal....

I wake the next morning to find my mother and father on the couch with my mom visibly shaken and upset. She recounted that a little after 2:00 a.m. she awoke to find her (deceased) mother (my grandmother) in her room. She watched her mother stand there for a moment, and then pass out of the bedroom and continue on the same course that I saw my figure travel.

Other family members have also reported sightings of her in their own homes; usually in close time proximity. Of all the dead in my large family, she is the only one who was ever "seen" by anyone.
I experienced a similar thing. I woke up at 2am with the realization that my grandmother had died. I did not see her but I knew that she had passed. When I walked into the kitchen the next morning, my parents were at the table grieving. I aske them what time she died, it was exactly when I woke up and 'knew'.
I've been an RN for almost 20 yrs, and worked some home health and hospice during this time. There are things that happen that are unexplainable.
duckdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 17:26   #152
chewybaca67

Send a message via AIM to chewybaca67 Send a message via Yahoo to chewybaca67
My Ma' lives about 10 feet from the stone fence of an old New Mexican Mission style Church surrounded by a graveyard. Why a Navajo woman would decide to buy a home next to a grave yard was beyond me when she and my step dad bought in 1988. But they did. Anyways, I remember "exploring" there during the day when house sitting there on college breaks, they traveled a lot back then, and the oldest readable tombstone I found was from the 1790s. There are a few others that time has made unreadable. I also found a map in the Anthropology Dept. at UNM (I was an Anthropology major and still consider myself so) which pointed out that the frontage road off of I-25 was the same path that Coranado, I think De Varges and some other conquistador took back in the day.
I never actually saw anything unexplainable, but man, sometimes you hear things that question your sanity. And sometimes I would wake up from a dead sleep wide awake to totally hyper sensitive silence. No bad dreams or nothin' just wide awake out of deep sleep.
Not all experiences were bad. I spent one X-mas there alone and was not depressed, sad or on the pity pot in general. I actually felt like I was in good company. Weird.
Old 10-11-2012, 17:43   #153
xMyazXtr3me

Check this out. Ive been to this house, and ill tell ya its the creepiest feeling to be inside that house 100 years ago. I had the chills the entire time. I rolled a ball and the ball rolled back to me. There were 6 children and 2 adults brutally murdered in the house. Im going back with a group of friends to stay the night and to do some investigating.

http://www.villiscaiowa.com/the-crime.php

Also, this is a picture that my cousin took when we were there. So creepy.... http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...05346267_n.jpg

I have a lot of pictures of this house, and the grave sights and all.

Last edited by xMyazXtr3me; 10-11-2012 at 17:53..
xMyazXtr3me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 17:51   #154
hoven88
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMyazXtr3me View Post
Ghost Adventures - Villisca Axe Murder House part 1/3 - YouTube

Check this out. Ive been to this house, and ill tell ya its the creepiest feeling to be inside that house. I had the chills the entire time. I rolled a ball and the ball rolled back to me. There were 6 children and 2 adults brutally murdered in the house. Im going back with a group of friends to stay the night and to do some investigating.

http://www.villiscaiowa.com/the-crime.php

Also, this is a picture that my cousin took when we were there. So creepy.... http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...05346267_n.jpg
What is the picture supposed to be showing?
hoven88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 17:52   #155
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

The thing with haunted houses, is people go expecting and wanting a paranormal experience, and a desire for something to happen will make it seem to happen. Any other house theres a draft, a haunted house, its a ghost, etc
Old 10-11-2012, 17:55   #156
xMyazXtr3me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoven88 View Post
What is the picture supposed to be showing?
Look closely in the red circle. Its a face...
Old 10-11-2012, 17:57   #157
xMyazXtr3me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
The thing with haunted houses, is people go expecting and wanting a paranormal experience, and a desire for something to happen will make it seem to happen. Any other house theres a draft, a haunted house, its a ghost, etc
I understand what your saying, but if you were there. You would understand. I didnt expect to experience anything, but i most definitely did.
Old 10-11-2012, 18:12   #158
hoven88
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMyazXtr3me View Post
Look closely in the red circle. Its a face...
I don't see it, but people seeing faces in things isn't uncommon, in fact there is a name for it... Pareidolia.

And for the record, i do believe in the paranormal.
hoven88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 18:28   #159
xMyazXtr3me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoven88 View Post
I don't see it, but people seeing faces in things isn't uncommon, in fact there is a name for it... Pareidolia.

And for the record, i do believe in the paranormal.
I see what i see, and a lot of my family and friends see it too, some dont. Its just how you look at it. I saw it instantly when i saw the picture.

Last edited by xMyazXtr3me; 10-11-2012 at 18:30..
Old 10-11-2012, 18:52   #160
cdog533
Zombie Killer

I am a pragmatic dude, BUT I have had two distinctive supernatural experiences:

In high school, I saw a girl get what I would term to be 'possessed'. She flailed wildly and had the strength of ten men. She was trying to bite everyone with a demonic look in her eyes and could not be held down by 8 guys. Finally, an ad hoc exorcism (done by me) seemed to calm her down. At least 10 people witnessed this and we were all freaked out. Craziest thing I have ever seen.

(As relayed by my mother) When I was two, we were traveling in the mountains of Arizona/New Mexico and went through an Indian Village and eating at a restaurant where a native american woman came up to me, put her hands around my eyes, and whispered something, and left. Two days later, I couldn't see. My tested vision was 20/200 and 20/400. However, over the years my vision got better very slowly. When I was 22 it had returned to 20/20. Was this an Indian curse?

That's it.

Last edited by cdog533; 10-11-2012 at 18:53..
cdog533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 18:58   #161
xMyazXtr3me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog533 View Post
I am a pragmatic dude, BUT I have had two distinctive supernatural experiences:

In high school, I saw a girl get what I would term to be 'possessed'. She flailed wildly and had the strength of ten men. She was trying to bite everyone with a demonic look in her eyes and could not be held down by 8 guys. Finally, an ad hoc exorcism (done by me) seemed to calm her down. At least 10 people witnessed this and we were all freaked out. Craziest thing I have ever seen.

(As relayed by my mother) When I was two, we were traveling in the mountains of Arizona/New Mexico and went through an Indian Village and eating at a restaurant where a native american woman came up to me, put her hands around my eyes, and whispered something, and left. Two days later, I couldn't see. My tested vision was 20/200 and 20/400. However, over the years my vision got better very slowly. When I was 22 it had returned to 20/20. Was this an Indian curse?

That's it.
Freakyyyy dude! Especially the first one.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 10-11-2012, 20:54   #162
samuse

I've lived in two houses that were known to be haunted.

I never experienced anything, but I was a hardcore alcoholic the whole time.

Maybe the whisky kept all the supernatural stuff away from me.

Ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:10   #163
Panglоss
I am the NRA

First of all, greetings! This is my first post.

I am not really a 'believer' in ghosts/the supernatural. Don't even really believe in god or religion. Call me a skeptic. Though, I do not claim to know for a fact that such things do not exist, and I do not know if I can, so I remain agnostic on these types of issues.

With that said, I did have a rather odd experience.

From time to time I have spent the night at my grandmother's house. It's an older, larger house in an old neighborhood in a big city, with lots of rooms upstairs and a large attic. Every time I have ever stayed there, I got a creepy/eerie vibe in the upstairs part of the house. The downstairs is perfectly nice, normal, and doesn't "feel" at all out of the ordinary. The upstairs is quite different, though I can't really put my finger on what exactly gives the weird vibe upstairs.

One night I was staying upstairs, in a particular bedroom that has always seemed odd to me anytime I had stayed there. This night was no different. When I went to sleep, and for the rest of the night, I had an odd feeling that there was some other presence in the room with me. And I had the feeling that this presence was directly in front of the bed. However, I dismissed it and tried to sleep.

Well, my dog was also with me this time, sleeping in the room with me. Normally he will sleep on the floor or just curl up in the bed with me and sleep (he's a sled dog type). Not that night. He basically spent the entire night in that room sitting at the foot of the bed, upright and alert, letting out a deep growl and staring at the wall in front of the bed. Occasionally during the night he would start barking quite aggressively at which time I woke up and tried to get him to calm down. No dice. This behavior continued all night. He had never behaved this way prior to this one night, and he's never done it since.

The next morning I was explaining this to my Aunt, who lives at the house. She tells me she once saw a "ghost" in that room and has never slept in there since. Her husband, a big gun guy, iron worker, and typical tough guy who is afraid of no one, slept in there one night and was freaked out and refused to ever sleep there again.
Panglоss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:26   #164
rednoved
NRA Member

This thread is spooky.
rednoved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:39   #165
superhornet

And, after 165 post responses, once again it just proves that everyone has an opinion. Are there things in this world beyond human understanding ?? Of course and there are many elements of life that there is no explanation for. Super natural is one of them---the other is the futility of arguing what or who's worship or not is the best, or how much we know about it. But, one thing I do know, there is a Santa Claus....
superhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:53   #166
Panglоss
I am the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhornet View Post
And, after 165 post responses, once again it just proves that everyone has an opinion.
People do have opinions, yes. Good that you are here to point that out. Do you have a paranormal experience to contribute?

Quote:
Are there things in this world beyond human understanding ?? Of course and there are many elements of life that there is no explanation for. Super natural is one of them---the other is the futility of arguing what or who's worship or not is the best, or how much we know about it. But, one thing I do know, there is a Santa Claus....
^^^

More opinion
Panglоss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:05   #167
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednoved View Post
This thread is spooky.
That's racist.
gwalchmai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:18   #168
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

I haven't heard of anyone here who has practiced black magic. Those sure have stories to tell...
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:42   #169
wjv

Only once was I creep'd out by just being in a house. we were looking to buy a home and went to one house to do a walk through. I couldn't wait to get out of that house. I just felt very strange from the moment we walked through the door. The feeling left the second we walked out of the door.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 13:06   #170
scprotector1
LoneStarGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza187 View Post
I find it hard to believe, but I have experienced it myself. I also know others who are credible sources who have experienced the same things. Interestingly enough, all of the experiences that I had, and the others I know personally who have had are all tied to one location. None of these people I know personally, no myself have experienced "paranormal" activity outside of a certain house. (yes I have heard many claims, but I am talking about people I personally know as in immediate family).

When I was young, we lived in a house where a tragic event occurred. As a child I remember all sorts of crazy "stuff" happening in our house. My parents also saw and heard many of the same things. We had family come to visit before, and for no apparent reason had their bags packed and could not get out of the house fast enough the next morning. (only to find out later that it was because they experienced some of the things we had been seeing and it scared the living H out of them).

My parents were pretty hardcore skeptics or they would have never bought the house to begin with. They actually told the people to whom they sold the house when we moved about the goings on...they buyers did not care, and pretty much wrote it off as nonsense.

Later on, they were like WOW there is some weird "stuff" going on in this house.

I know science tries to explain everything...maybe there is a scientific explanation for what goes on in a "haunted house". I have heard that maybe high levels of CO can cause hallucinations? However, we lived there a few YEARS and none of us died of CO poisoning. I honestly do not know. I cannot PROVE to you that I experienced these things, but I know what happened. Maybe we were all suffering the effects of some chemical, I don't know. I know what I (and others) experienced....maybe science could explain it, maybe it was ghosts/demons/spirits.

I believe a large amount of paranormal claims are hooey, but I also believe that there are some that are genuinely inexplicable. Are there legit ghosts, demons and spirits etc...? I do not know, but I think it is something that cannot be ruled out.
Finally an excellent response from someone who is not a "religious nut" or "scientist" but a RATIONAL THINKER. Thank you. Also it has been proven that high concentrations of electromagnetic fields will cause hallucinations, dizziness, and a feeling of dread. Does this explain everything? No, but it is something to consider.
Old 10-12-2012, 13:18   #171
scprotector1
LoneStarGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Niceguy View Post
My wife and I lived in a small rental house when we were first married that had poltiergeist type activity. Our guest did not like banannas or loaves of bread anywhere other than neatly lined up on the countertop next to the kitchen sink. We could sit at the kitchen table with our backs to the banannas/bread for a minute or two, and turn around to find them back by the sink again. We'd put them somewhere else and then repeat the process. Repeatedly. It happened with such regularity that we eventually got bored with it.
I love how this type of stuff happens and no one decides to film it...if it happens with such "regularity" why not film it?! Preposterous.
Old 10-12-2012, 13:27   #172
Mr. Niceguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scprotector1 View Post
I love how this type of stuff happens and no one decides to film it...if it happens with such "regularity" why not film it?! Preposterous.
Film it with what? This would have been 1992 or so. No cell phones yet, and the old VHS camcorders were ~$1,000 at the time - a pretty goodly sum of money for a poor young couple. I suppose I should have dusted off the old 8mm camera.
Mr. Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 13:37   #173
scprotector1
LoneStarGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
I dont know if that is what happens but if it is, nothing is nothing. How else would we define the absense of all things? Again, if it is lights out, forever, in a flash....there is no truth to be learned. There is nothing. Simply nothing. Oblivion.
Absolutely. I found this creepy short film on youtube explaining this.

Sleep tight folks

Last edited by scprotector1; 10-12-2012 at 13:41.. Reason: humor
scprotector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 14:00   #174
uptomyneck

One morning six years ago, my wife and I started to wake as the sun was coming up. The two dogs both jerked their heads up and looked at our open bedroom door and when they did, we both heard a woman say, "Sorry." Since we were the only two there, we looked at each other and both said, "WTF?"

I grabbed the G29 to clear the house. I checked every room and found nothing. I come back to the bedroom and my wife asks me if I saw anything. I put the gun back on the nightstand and told her "no" and as I turned around, a woman was standing right next to me. She was about 5' tall and had no face, just a form. I screamed and jumped back and it was gone. My wife saw her too.

We still talk about it and we still have no idea what it was. I was kinda hoping my ex had died and before she was sent to hell, she had to tell us she was sorry for being such a POS. But of course it wasn't her.
uptomyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 14:10   #175
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Burger View Post
The Okie Corral

That sh** would freak me right out...

Did you draw that?
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote