Huffington Post seeks ‘gun violence’ stories from readers

http://www.examiner.com/article/huff...s-from-readers
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:22   #2
frank4570
Feral human

I'd go comment but they have banned me.
Or was that my first user name? Hmm.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:29   #3
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I'd go comment but they have banned me.
Or was that my first user name? Hmm.
This was a write up in the Examiner. They've got an email address they want stories sent to
Old 05-07-2013, 06:34   #4
railfancwb

Does that include stories where gun violence saved innocent people from criminals? Or where the violence was LEO kicking in the wrong door and shooting innocent people?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:37   #5
ked

from the article:

“If you or someone you know has ever been affected by gun violence, we want to hear your story,” the email explained. “Give us a call at 860-348-3376, and you can record your story in your own words. Please be sure to include your name and phone number. Or you can send us a note at openreporting@huffingtonpost.com.”

i bet if you sent a story how a gun "saved" your life, that they would not publish it!

ked

Last edited by ked; 05-07-2013 at 06:39..
ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:50   #6
czsmithGT

Dear Huffington Post Morons:

Go to Chicago next weekend. Take a trip to the hood. Check out the gun violence in the hood by people who have plenty of guns in the most gun controlled city in the USA.

But of course you won't go there- it doesn't fit your narrative that criminal scum, 93% of whom will never be arrested and prosecuted for their murderous gun crimes, are the problem- not law abiding citizens whose only crime is trying to protect themselves.

If you could somehow miracle all the guns out of Chicago these low life turds would be killing each other with machetes.

Morons.

Sincerely,
czsmithgt
304-xxx-xxxx

ps. You are idiots.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:50   #7
TheJ
Lifetime Membership
NRA Life Member

We should all send them links to NRA news "hero of the day" stories. Lol

http://www.nranews.com/cam/list/cc-hero-of-the-day

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
TheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:16   #8
pipedreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
We should all send them links to NRA news "hero of the day" stories. Lol

http://www.nranews.com/cam/list/cc-hero-of-the-day
I like this idea, simply swamp them with hero stories.

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:35   #9
TheJ
Lifetime Membership
NRA Life Member

Here some stories we could send:
http://www.nrapublications.org/index.php/armed-citizen/

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
TheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:46   #10
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Dear Arianna Huffington,

My name is Shorty. I've been a victim of gun violence. I lost my best friend Bling-Bling to a shoot-out with the cops 4 years ago.

Ya'see. We was walking around town helping people. By helping people, I mean we were the walking pharmacy, if you know what I'm sayin. All of a sudden, 5-0 shows up. . . by the way - did you know they have a show called Hawaii 5-0 now? That's cool - using street slang as part of the name of the show.

Anyways, Bling-Bling said we ain't going down. So he pulled his Fo-tee and the cops started shooting us. I mean, MAN! We ain't hurt nobody. Well nobody that didn't deserve it. Or who got in the way of our business. Or who sat on our car when we was in the 7/11 buying blunt wrappers.

So there you have it, Ms. Huffington. Guns took my Bling-Bling and put two holes in my chest and leg.

Sincerely,

Prisoner #4938430
Old 05-07-2013, 08:09   #11
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
Dear Arianna Huffington,

My name is Shorty. I've been a victim of gun violence. I lost my best friend Bling-Bling to a shoot-out with the cops 4 years ago.

Ya'see. We was walking around town helping people. By helping people, I mean we were the walking pharmacy, if you know what I'm sayin. All of a sudden, 5-0 shows up. . . by the way - did you know they have a show called Hawaii 5-0 now? That's cool - using street slang as part of the name of the show.

Anyways, Bling-Bling said we ain't going down. So he pulled his Fo-tee and the cops started shooting us. I mean, MAN! We ain't hurt nobody. Well nobody that didn't deserve it. Or who got in the way of our business. Or who sat on our car when we was in the 7/11 buying blunt wrappers.

So there you have it, Ms. Huffington. Guns took my Bling-Bling and put two holes in my chest and leg.

Sincerely,

Prisoner #4938430

Well done, sir.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:43   #12
PuroMexicano
VIVA MEXICO !!!

Quote:
Dear Arianna Huffington,

Sincerely,

Prisoner #4938430
That is AWESOME!!! I owe you a beer!!!
Standing ovation!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
I once didn't kill a mountain lion by hand when it tried to stare me down...once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RioKid View Post
Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.:rofl::rofl:
PuroMexicano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:44   #13
PuroMexicano
VIVA MEXICO !!!

Instead of sending gun violence stories we should send them self defense stories. tons.
Quote:
I once didn't kill a mountain lion by hand when it tried to stare me down...once.
Quote:
Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.:rofl::rofl:
Old 05-07-2013, 12:02   #14
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuroMexicano View Post
Instead of sending gun violence stories we should send them self defense stories. tons.
Look at the links people are putting in this thread. They're from saved by a gun type sites.

But even self defense is "gun violence" It's just acceptable gun violence, except to those with the "No violence, ever" school of thought.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:12   #15
PuroMexicano
VIVA MEXICO !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrGlock View Post
Look at the links people are putting in this thread. They're from saved by a gun type sites.

But even self defense is "gun violence" It's just acceptable gun violence, except to those with the "No violence, ever" school of thought.
Agreed, but although we could never change their views, these stories do not meet their agenda and people with half a brain will realize that
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-07-2013, 12:19   #16
MaxxAction

Quote:
Dear Arianna Huffington,

Sincerely,

Prisoner #4938430
Come on man...

get it straight. You mis-spelled chest. In the vernacular it is "Ches" as in "put two holes in me, one in my leg, and one in my ches."
Old 05-07-2013, 13:08   #17
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by ked View Post
from the article:

“If you or someone you know has ever been affected by gun violence, we want to hear your story,” the email explained. “Give us a call at 860-348-3376, and you can record your story in your own words. Please be sure to include your name and phone number. Or you can send us a note at openreporting@huffingtonpost.com.”

i bet if you sent a story how a gun "saved" your life, that they would not publish it!

ked
Why not give it a try?

I'm gonna send them my own gun violence story.
Old 05-07-2013, 19:06   #18
czsmithGT

Quote:
Dear Arianna Huffington,

Sincerely,

Prisoner #4938430
Correction- it's "bidness".
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 19:25   #19
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

So if they are fishing for stories, does that mean that gun violence really isn't as prevalent as they try and let on?
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:21   #20
railfancwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
So if they are fishing for stories, does that mean that gun violence really isn't as prevalent as they try and let on?
Correct. "The survey says..." gun violence is down, even though the public [has been led to] think that it is up.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...,3022693.story