Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 05:40   #161
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
So we are going to ignore the facts
Yeah, you keep doing that.

1994: backed 5-day waiting period on gun sales

2002: I will not chip away at MA's tough gun laws

2002: My positions won't make me the hero of the NRA

GovWatch: 1994: did not “line up with the NRA”

Support the 2nd Amendment AND the assault weapon ban

Quote:
I do support the Second Amendment. I would have signed the assault weapon ban that came to his desk. I said I would have supported that and signed a similar bill in our state
So we signed that in Massachusetts, and I’d support that at the federal level.
Quote:
But I would look at weapons that pose extraordinary lethality.
Quote:
Let’s get the record straight. First of all, there’s no question that I support 2nd Amendment rights, but I also support an assault weapon ban
http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Mitt...un_Control.htm
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:36   #162
Acujeff
Senior Member
 
Acujeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Yeah, you keep doing that.

1994: backed 5-day waiting period on gun sales

2002: I will not chip away at MA's tough gun laws

2002: My positions won't make me the hero of the NRA

GovWatch: 1994: did not “line up with the NRA”

Support the 2nd Amendment AND the assault weapon ban
http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Mitt...un_Control.htm


That's because Romney’s pro-2A position had to be “under the radar”.

It was the only way to get the MA legislature (85% strictly anti-2A) to actually politically cooperate with Romney and GOAL's pro-2A agenda. That's politics in MA.

So did Romney say one thing and do another? To protect the RKBA - absolutely.

Would he do the same thing as President? If he was facing a majority anti-2A congress -absolutely.

Would he reveal his strategy to the gun control crowd? -absolutely not.

What if he was facing a pro-2A congress or minority anti-2A congress? - he wouldn't have to use this strategy - he would just be straight out pro-2A.

How do we know all this for certain? By his record. What politicians do is more important, and revealing, than what they need to say to get it done.

Romney's record clearly shows, in the face of a veto-proof majority anti-2A congress, he only reduced gun control, removed gun control from bills or signed pro-2A bills. The strength of his character on the 2A is very encouraging for gun owners.

Bush made the same kind of statements and achieved similar pro-2A success. It's the only pro-2A strategy that works when dealing with a majority of obstructionist anti-2A legislators.

Ruble understands "under the radar" because that's been Obama's anti-2A agenda. Obama makes pro-2A statements but all his actions are anti-2A. Ruble has made it abudently clear - on all the threads he's high jacked - he's OK with Obama's attacks on the RKBA. He's only "outraged" at Romney's pro-2A record. So we know Ruble is a hypocrite and not looking out for the interests of gun owners.
__________________
Read "America's 1st Freedom" NRA's monthly magazine:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 13:14   #163
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acujeff View Post
That's because Romney’s pro-2A position had to be “under the radar”.

It was the only way to get the MA legislature (85% strictly anti-2A) to actually politically cooperate with Romney and GOAL's pro-2A agenda. That's politics in MA.

So did Romney say one thing and do another? To protect the RKBA - absolutely.

Would he do the same thing as President? If he was facing a majority anti-2A congress -absolutely.

Would he reveal his strategy to the gun control crowd? -absolutely not.

What if he was facing a pro-2A congress or minority anti-2A congress? - he wouldn't have to use this strategy - he would just be straight out pro-2A.

How do we know all this for certain? By his record. What politicians do is more important, and revealing, than what they need to say to get it done.

Romney's record clearly shows, in the face of a veto-proof majority anti-2A congress, he only reduced gun control, removed gun control from bills or signed pro-2A bills. The strength of his character on the 2A is very encouraging for gun owners.

Bush made the same kind of statements and achieved similar pro-2A success. It's the only pro-2A strategy that works when dealing with a majority of obstructionist anti-2A legislators.

Ruble understands "under the radar" because that's been Obama's anti-2A agenda. Obama makes pro-2A statements but all his actions are anti-2A. Ruble has made it abudently clear - on all the threads he's high jacked - he's OK with Obama's attacks on the RKBA. He's only "outraged" at Romney's pro-2A record. So we know Ruble is a hypocrite and not looking out for the interests of gun owners.
Highlighted for truth
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 15:33   #164
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acujeff View Post
That's because Romney’s pro-2A position had to be “under the radar”.

Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 15:37   #165
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
I think Rumble Tune is cracking up under the realization that Obama is going to lose.

Poor guy, after all his hard work to get people to throw away their votes.

Unrealistic expectations lead to disappointment
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 15:57   #166
Acujeff
Senior Member
 
Acujeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Inappropriate laughter? Mystery solved.....Ruble is a Joe Biden impersonator!
__________________
Read "America's 1st Freedom" NRA's monthly magazine:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 16:02   #167
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acujeff View Post
Inappropriate laughter? Mystery solved.....Ruble is a Joe Biden impersonator!
Actually, I was just going to post the you and Countrygun sound like obama and biden with their binders full of women crap. When you can't defend yourself or in your case, your liberal gun banning candidate, attack the messenger.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 16:26   #168
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Actually, I was just going to post the you and Countrygun sound like obama and biden with their binders full of women crap. When you can't defend yourself or in your case, your liberal gun banning candidate, attack the messenger.
Romney's position and actions have been well defended.

Now you are demonstrating denial along with the inappropriate laughter.

More of your liberal side is showing
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 20:00   #169
Providence
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 543
I will say this...

My hope isn't in Romney completely. I'm voting for him because he is the best of the two candidates who have a chance to win. And he has stated with his own mouth that he thinks that we don't need more gun laws. But I will keep a eye on it. I will keep up on my NRA dues. I'll watch the congress and contact my congressmen. I'll also watch on the state and local level. The watching never stops. That's what we do.

But I'll say it again: o. will do what he can to limit or end the 2nd amendment. O. says he will. Romney says he will not. I'm going with Romney.
__________________
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 21:26   #170
Acujeff
Senior Member
 
Acujeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
I will say this...

My hope isn't in Romney completely. I'm voting for him because he is the best of the two candidates who have a chance to win. And he has stated with his own mouth that he thinks that we don't need more gun laws. But I will keep a eye on it. I will keep up on my NRA dues. I'll watch the congress and contact my congressmen. I'll also watch on the state and local level. The watching never stops. That's what we do.

But I'll say it again: o. will do what he can to limit or end the 2nd amendment. O. says he will. Romney says he will not. I'm going with Romney.


The message we want to send is if any politician abuses our RKBA their actions will be fought and they will be fired by voters. I agree that no group watches better and carries more weight than the NRA.

GW Bush was often categorized as anti-2A but he appointed two pro-RKBA Justices to the Supreme Court giving us the majority to win Heller and McDonald, the AWB was allowed to expire and much pro-RKBA legislation progress was made during his administration. All his actions were pro-2A and that was the end of any successes of the Democrats gun control agenda.

Romney/Ryan and the Republican record, positions and platform are more pro-2A than Bush and we can expect even better results. They are campaigning on dismantling Obama's anti-2A actions in the UN and on the Southern border, appointing a new Attorney General and making sure Fast and Furious is actually investigated and prosecuted, stopping the abuses of the ATF, and appointing up to four more pro-RKBA Supreme Court Justices.
__________________
Read "America's 1st Freedom" NRA's monthly magazine:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:58   #171
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze
 
Clutch Cargo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acujeff View Post
The message we want to send is if any politician abuses our RKBA their actions will be fought and they will be fired by voters. I agree that no group watches better and carries more weight than the NRA.

GW Bush was often categorized as anti-2A but he appointed two pro-RKBA Justices to the Supreme Court giving us the majority to win Heller and McDonald, the AWB was allowed to expire and much pro-RKBA legislation progress was made during his administration. All his actions were pro-2A and that was the end of any successes of the Democrats gun control agenda.

Romney/Ryan and the Republican record, positions and platform are more pro-2A than Bush and we can expect even better results. They are campaigning on dismantling Obama's anti-2A actions in the UN and on the Southern border, appointing a new Attorney General and making sure Fast and Furious is actually investigated and prosecuted, stopping the abuses of the ATF, and appointing up to four more pro-RKBA Supreme Court Justices.
He got elected Governor of Texas because he said he would sign a ahall issue concealed handgun bill. His VERY anti-gun opponent, Ann Richards, said Texans were too stupid to know about carrying concealed weapions.
__________________
GTDS
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
Clutch Cargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:25   #172
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 32,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
no he won't.

ETA: if you go back 4 years, you'll see I told the McCainovics that the first thing Obama, Pelosi, and Reid would do, was NOT a gun ban. They called me about every name in the book, but I was right. I said then Obama will in a second term, but not a first.

I don't think Romney will in a second term.

This.


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:36   #173
DOC44
Senior Member
 
DOC44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,875
NRA- If obama gets a second term it Katie bar the door concerning our gun rights.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/1907127061001/

Doc44
__________________
Have Gun Will Travel
DOC44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:51   #174
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Romney's position and actions have been well defended.
Don't you mean well spun?
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 15:58   #175
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acujeff View Post
That's because Romney’s pro-2A position had to be “under the radar”.

It was the only way to get the MA legislature (85% strictly anti-2A) to actually politically cooperate with Romney and GOAL's pro-2A agenda. That's politics in MA.

So did Romney say one thing and do another? To protect the RKBA - absolutely.

Would he do the same thing as President? If he was facing a majority anti-2A congress -absolutely.

Would he reveal his strategy to the gun control crowd? -absolutely not.

What if he was facing a pro-2A congress or minority anti-2A congress? - he wouldn't have to use this strategy - he would just be straight out pro-2A.

How do we know all this for certain? By his record. What politicians do is more important, and revealing, than what they need to say to get it done.

Romney's record clearly shows, in the face of a veto-proof majority anti-2A congress, he only reduced gun control, removed gun control from bills or signed pro-2A bills. The strength of his character on the 2A is very encouraging for gun owners.

Bush made the same kind of statements and achieved similar pro-2A success. It's the only pro-2A strategy that works when dealing with a majority of obstructionist anti-2A legislators.

Ruble understands "under the radar" because that's been Obama's anti-2A agenda. Obama makes pro-2A statements but all his actions are anti-2A. Ruble has made it abudently clear - on all the threads he's high jacked - he's OK with Obama's attacks on the RKBA. He's only "outraged" at Romney's pro-2A record. So we know Ruble is a hypocrite and not looking out for the interests of gun owners.
You're pretty good at spin, I would say that you are on par with MSNBC, ABC, CNN. You should get a job at the Boston Globe.

It's a bird..It's a plane..It's mitt romney in Stealth Mode.Sneaking under the radar, Mitt Romney, in a parallel universe far, far away, where banning guns is actually supporting the 2nd amendment, signed an assault weapons ban to confuse and distract the gun banning crowd. Working feverishly while undercover Mitt further fooled the gun banners by distancing himself from the NRA and embracing the Brady campaign.
Now that he has emerged from the liberal stronghold, victorious in his deception and achieved the national spotlight, the dangerous game mouse hunter Mitt has shed
his stealth armor, no longer needing to act in Stealth Modeor work under the radar and has now embraced the guns, those dangerous guns of exceptional lethality, that he vowed to keep off the streets.

Tune in next week when Acujeff explains how Mitt foiled the evil Scary Reed and the dastardly Fancy Pants Pelosi by bringing socialized medicine to America, dangling it like a carrot in front of their noses, knowing that they couldn't resist the poison treat and would adopt a nearly identical plan which would bring about the downfall of their wonder boy messiah, Barack Obama.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 16:07   #176
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Tune in next week when Acujeff explains how Mitt foiled the evil Scary Reed and the dastardly Fancy Pants Pelosi by bringing socialized medicine to America, dangling it like a carrot in front of their noses, knowing that they couldn't resist the poison treat and would adopt a nearly identical plan which would bring about the downfall of their wonder boy messiah, Barack Obama. [/COLOR][/COLOR]
That's what we are voting for, laughing boy.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 17:00   #177
onebigelf
Senior Member
 
onebigelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 354
Romney, might or might not sign any gun legislation passed by both houses of congress (think that'll happen during a Republican administration)?

Obama stood on stage during the second debate and announced in no uncertain terms that he intends to seek a new Assault Weapon Ban. You can bet it won't be time limited this time. He also suggested that he thinks handguns are a major problem.

John
onebigelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 17:09   #178
Providence
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebigelf View Post
Obama stood on stage during the second debate and announced in no uncertain terms that he intends to seek a new Assault Weapon Ban. You can bet it won't be time limited this time. He also suggested that he thinks handguns are a major problem.
he did even more than that. He said cheap handguns were the problem in Chicago. I wonder what he intends to do about that?
__________________
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 17:15   #179
porschedog
Senior Member
 
porschedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 800
Anyone on this forum that believes that O'Bama is still worth considering over Romney is seriously deluded. Wake up and smell the tapioca, guys - O'Bama is a freaking socialist, nutbag, foodstamp-giving, gun-grabber who WILL change the Supreme Court in such a way that we will never recover from.

Mittens is the ONLY choice we have, so stop whining about how it'd be better to have another choice. There isn't one.
__________________
That's Casey, my dachshund, in the avatar pic, making sure the Beneful bag is Really 100% empty.

NRA Life Member / Creepy-Ass Cracker
Florida Glockers #172126

Last edited by porschedog; 10-19-2012 at 17:16..
porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 18:41   #180
Acujeff
Senior Member
 
Acujeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,918
Obama and the Democrats are the only party campaigning for more gun control.

Here is Obama in his own words from the second Presidential Debate Tuesday night:

... weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. And so what I'm trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there's an awful lot of violence and they're not using AK-47s. They're using cheap hand guns.

So there it is. Obama has at long last told you his plans for a second term. And not only is the President saying this, the Democratic Platform says clearly that they want more gun control:

We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation. We understand the terrible consequences of gun violence; it serves as a reminder that life is fragile, and our time here is limited and precious. We believe in an honest, open national conversation about firearms. We can focus on effective enforcement of existing laws, especially strengthening our background check system, and we can work together to enact commonsense improvements - like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole - so that guns do not fall into the hands of those irresponsible, law-breaking few.

If you weren't sure before, you are now. An Obama win will provide 4 years of more oppressive gun control. Even without legislation and congressional authority Obama has shown he freely uses executive orders and regulations to institute his agenda. It won’t be just rifles and large cap magazines but he’ll also target handguns - that just about covers it all.

That means more regulations and executive orders governing every aspect of gun and ammo ownership and commerce, lots more proposed gun control legislation and anti-gun judges and up to four more anti-gun Supreme Court justices. One more gives the anti-2A Justices a majority and we‘ll never see a pro-2A decision again in our lifetime and previous decisions can be overruled or reversed. Obama and the Democrats are not only campaigning on making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, but also making guns “childproof”, banning private gun transfers and sales, and regulating ammo purchases.

If that’s OK with you vote for Obama. Or split your vote for a third party which improves the chances Obama will be re-elected. But if it’s not OK - vote for Romney/Ryan and Republican legislators and let’s get rid of the democrats.
__________________
Read "America's 1st Freedom" NRA's monthly magazine:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:04.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,314
342 Members
972 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31