Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-07-2012, 17:57   #1
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

Are micro silencers a viable option on a bolt gun?

I was asked this same question last week by a gentleman on thehighroad.org and I just got around to filming a quick video for him. I was surprised by the results!

Enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Facebook Fanpage:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Email me for prices on Firearms/Suppressors

Fireman1291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:43   #2
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

These videos you keep posting are bad for my wallet.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:18   #3
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

lol. Sorry bout that!

Facebook Fanpage:

Old 10-09-2012, 09:15   #4
quake

I've had surprisingly good results using a grease-charged 9mm micro-suppressor on my CZ 452. Wouldn't have thought it would work well at all, due to the oversizing of the baffle holes allowing too much space (& therefore blast) around the bullet as it passes thru them, but it does quite well. Much quieter than my gamo pellet rifle.

Actually, the remington subsonics as you used in that video are what I most use in mine as well.

General Firearms Forum

{edit - duh... Didn't mention - the suppressor is an AWC abraxas titanium; a 9mm suppressor that's about the size of a typical .22 suppressor. This is it in the middle, between a TAC-65 and AAC Pilot .22 suppressors. Very small for a centerfire unit:

General Firearms Forum

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...

Last edited by quake; 10-09-2012 at 09:32..
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:01   #5
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

Its funny you mention that! I tried my old DTA MK9 MOD0 on it yesterday and it sounded fine. If the can came apart to clean I could use it all the time. Good stuff.

Facebook Fanpage: