Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-26-2012, 21:55   #1
PhoenixTacSolutions
PTS

Emergency Reload

Hello Ladies & Gents,

Here's a video we did on the emergency reload:

BTW, when inserting the magazine into the handgun, sometimes I give it a very quick glance and sometimes I keep my eyes on the threat (versatility is a bonus)...as follows:

This is just MY way of doing it. Find out what works for you and evolve.

My wife edited the above video (2nd) and insists that "Hell's Bells" is a good track for it.

Will post engagements from concealment soon.

Thanks in advance for watching!

Last edited by PhoenixTacSolutions; 09-27-2012 at 07:01..
PhoenixTacSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:02   #2
PhoenixTacSolutions
PTS

Links fixed...
Old 09-28-2012, 19:29   #3
talon

IMHO, this method works for multiple systems is not a strong point.(weak hand slide release)

Pick glocks, stick with them, and you will be better off.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 13:42   #4
PhoenixTacSolutions
PTS

Please elaborate...don't quite understand what you mean.

To clarify my position, I said that for me, the support hand thumb provides a more positive engagement of the slide stop and that it also works for other handguns especially 1911s (since the slide stop can not be reached by your firing hand thumb) and serves a one size fits all remedy (all this assuming your handgun has a slide stop). Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
IMHO, this method works for multiple systems is not a strong point.(weak hand slide release)

Pick glocks, stick with them, and you will be better off.
Old 10-07-2012, 20:27   #5
talon

Well personally I would never settle for a one size fits all. I want a custom fit.

For glocks the strong hand is perfectly indexed for a slide release while the weak hand seats the mag.

Why would you ask your weak hand to seat the mag and then acquire an index for a slide release ?
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 23:05   #6
PhoenixTacSolutions
PTS

Thanks for watching!

Not advocating a one size fits all technique in any way. In the video, I mentioned that my firing hand thumb can't quite achieve a solid purchase on the slide stop (and I don't run extended slide stops on any handgun).

As such, for me, it makes more sense to use my support hand thumb. The bonus is that I can use the same technique on any handgun that has a slide stop (especially 1911s which require support hand thumb manipulation of the slide stop).

Some advocate the overhand rack as a one size fits all...for me that is way too slow. Find what works best for you and evolve.

BTW, as I seat the magazine my support hand thumb can easily manipulate the slide stop and I have a more positive engagement thereof.

Thanks again for your comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
Well personally I would never settle for a one size fits all. I want a custom fit.

For glocks the strong hand is perfectly indexed for a slide release while the weak hand seats the mag.

Why would you ask your weak hand to seat the mag and then acquire an index for a slide release ?
Old 10-07-2012, 23:22   #7
threefeathers
Scouts Out

I find that the great majority of the time I hit the slide release with my grip hand thumb. But I have two exceptions. Taking Tom Givens class I use the overhand method beause Tom scares me.
Then when wearing gloves and teaching folks who must wear gloves, (19D's) I teach the slingshot because if I use the overhand the gloves are wide enough tha they can boomerang a spent cartridge back into the chamber.
threefeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 16:52   #8
Steve in PA

Overhand, slingshot and slide release all have their places.

A wise shooter will know how to do all three. Pick the one that works best for you, but know how to do the others as well.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps. Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945"
Steve in PA is offline   Reply With Quote