Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-12-2012, 18:55   #1
Gbannan

KKM Barrel for G19

Is a KKM barrel for my g19 really worth it? I feel the gun is way more accurate than i'll ever be even with a upgraded barrel. Thoughts?
Gbannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 19:00   #2
GlocK_W0rK

Only the best shooters will be able to take advantage of an aftermarket barrel. If you've built up the skill to do so, you're probably better off getting a fitted barrel rather than drop-in as well. Unless you're reloading, or want to shoot lead, I don't see a point in getting an aftermarket barrel.
- * Rounded Trigger Guard w/ Under + Memory Cuts & Recessed Mag Release
- Barrel & Extractor in Electroless Nickel (Robar)
GlocK_W0rK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 19:03   #3
Gbannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlocK_W0rK View Post
Only the best shooters will be able to take advantage of an aftermarket barrel. If you've built up the skill to do so, you're probably better off getting a fitted barrel rather than drop-in as well. Unless you're reloading, or want to shoot lead, I don't see a point in getting an aftermarket barrel.
Planning on reloading eventually but couldn't i reload brass from the stock barrel? Correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 06-12-2012, 19:08   #4
GlocK_W0rK

^

I don't reload, so I'm not sure. I know that the OEM barrel cause the brass to expand pretty bad; not sure if that affects the ability to reload though. Also, on an OEM barrel, if the reloads are too hot, watch out.
- * Rounded Trigger Guard w/ Under + Memory Cuts & Recessed Mag Release
- Barrel & Extractor in Electroless Nickel (Robar)
GlocK_W0rK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 19:15   #5
Gbannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlocK_W0rK View Post
^

I don't reload, so I'm not sure. I know that the OEM barrel cause the brass to expand pretty bad; not sure if that affects the ability to reload though. Also, on an OEM barrel, if the reloads are too hot, watch out.
The brass i've saved from my stock g19 barrel seems to have no buldges, however there is obvious buldges on my g20 brass that i've seen. Again, school me..

G20 brass was warm underwood..
Old 06-12-2012, 20:58   #6
tango44

No needs for it, get ammo and more training!
tango44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 21:10   #7
mikedelger@yahoo.com

reloading brass fired from a glock. have had no problems with brass from 19,21 or 30
mikedelger@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 21:11   #8
larson1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbannan View Post
Is a KKM barrel for my g19 really worth it? I feel the gun is way more accurate than i'll ever be even with a upgraded barrel. Thoughts?
I see no purpose for one unless you plan to shoot lead bullets.
larson1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 21:28   #9
G19 driver

I put a KKM in my G19C. I did it just to have a non ported barrel. I don't care what anyone says but the accuracy is better with the KKM barrel. I really did not care just as long as the accuracy was not worse with the KKM. So the better accuracy was a bonus that I was not really expecting. It want make a bad shooter a better shooter though.
G19 driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 23:51   #10
sourdough44

I wouldn't get a new barrel unless you planned to shoot a lot of lead, or were going for a 'conversion' with a 40 cal Glock. I have a KKM conversion barrel for my Glock 23, which works just fine.
sourdough44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 00:35   #11
21o'glock

KKM Barrel for G19

I bought a KKM barrel for my G21 Gen4, not for the reason of improving accuracy but for the ability to shoot hard cast reloads. I cast bullets and reload so I can shoot a lot. At defense / combat distances, the stock Glock barrel is accurate. Also accurate at longer distances. Check out Hickok45 on youtube where he rings the gong at 240 yards with any Glock he shoots, whether 3.5 inch or 4.6 inch barrel. The reason I went with KKM was research showed that the KKM was a finer quality on fit, finish and reliability than the Lonewolf barrel. Lonewolf goes for approx. $100.00 and I paid $165.00 + $10.00 shipping for the KKM but the quality of the KKM is superb. It dropped right in and I ran 75 rounds of various factory round nose, JHP, and 200 gr. hard cast SWC's through it both slow and rapid follow up shots and not one problem. Most of my work world was a close tolerance and high precision world and KKM is right in line with that. My experience has been that cheap price usually cost more and too expensive is not always the best. My opinion is that KKM is the best drop in barrel and the price is very reasonable for the quality you get. If your not going to shoot hardcast / lead, reconsider spending money on any replacement barrel and put that money towards ammo and training for your stock Glock barrel. If your looking to knock down bowling pins at 100 yards hand held, than get a S&W K-22 Masterpiece because that's what I used to do with mine. You have to keep in mind that a $500.00 to $6oo.00 Glock is a great all around gun with great proven reputation. If your looking for a 1000 yd. sniper handgun, it's gonna cost a little bit more.
Happy shooting,
21o'glock
21o'glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:05   #12
Gbannan

Sold on ebay last night for like 150. Glad I got outbid...
Old 06-13-2012, 06:17   #13
DannyR

My 1996 Gen2 G19 has 83,000+ rounds fired, mostly my reloads. It is still more accurate than I.
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:45   #14
Bello
America/Italia

Kkm sucks I have nothing but problems with them and they are overpriced seriously in all honesty get a lonewolf
Old 06-13-2012, 16:36   #15
JBP55

I have owned at least 6 KKM barrels and they worked great. I would buy KKM again if I needed a non OEM barrel.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 22:21   #16
biker1958

kkm barrel too big?

Just got my KKM barrel for my 34, won't quite fit right in the top of the slide, seems a hair too big, anybody had problems with this, I'm sure they'll fix the problem.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21o'glock View Post
I bought a KKM barrel for my G21 Gen4, not for the reason of improving accuracy but for the ability to shoot hard cast reloads. I cast bullets and reload so I can shoot a lot. At defense / combat distances, the stock Glock barrel is accurate. Also accurate at longer distances. Check out Hickok45 on youtube where he rings the gong at 240 yards with any Glock he shoots, whether 3.5 inch or 4.6 inch barrel. The reason I went with KKM was research showed that the KKM was a finer quality on fit, finish and reliability than the Lonewolf barrel. Lonewolf goes for approx. $100.00 and I paid $165.00 + $10.00 shipping for the KKM but the quality of the KKM is superb. It dropped right in and I ran 75 rounds of various factory round nose, JHP, and 200 gr. hard cast SWC's through it both slow and rapid follow up shots and not one problem. Most of my work world was a close tolerance and high precision world and KKM is right in line with that. My experience has been that cheap price usually cost more and too expensive is not always the best. My opinion is that KKM is the best drop in barrel and the price is very reasonable for the quality you get. If your not going to shoot hardcast / lead, reconsider spending money on any replacement barrel and put that money towards ammo and training for your stock Glock barrel. If your looking to knock down bowling pins at 100 yards hand held, than get a S&W K-22 Masterpiece because that's what I used to do with mine. You have to keep in mind that a $500.00 to $6oo.00 Glock is a great all around gun with great proven reputation. If your looking for a 1000 yd. sniper handgun, it's gonna cost a little bit more.
Happy shooting,
21o'glock
biker1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:44   #17
Poohgyrr
trout fear me!

FWIW, Glockmeister posted a letter from KKM stating they have stopped supplying barrels to retail venders, due to ongoing orders from Gov't etc...
John Luke 22:36 Ephesians 4:26-32
357Sig Club #3531 S&W Club #10 BHP Club #35
"Life brings both sorrows and joys alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
Poohgyrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:27   #18
SouthpawG26

Like a few posters above, i have found no problems with reloads and lead through OEM 9mm barrels. I have a 26 and a 17 both pushing 75000+rounds of lead round nose.

The .40 however, are a different story. Our club's IPSC Standard shooting team (Standard=USPSA Limited, with shorter mag extensions) has 15 G35/22, each one running an aftermarket barrel (mostly LWD) with better case support for reloads, both lead and FMJ.

But: I have yet to come across a notable, measurable and consistent accuracy increase from a drop in aftermarket barrel on a Glock...if better accuracy is your (only) goal, keep your money.

Last edited by SouthpawG26; 07-01-2012 at 05:30..
SouthpawG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 23:15   #19
ithaca_deerslayer

I can't see it changing accuracy for the better, unless you are really good. A lot better than me good. And if you are, then you would only laugh at my words anyway
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:04   #20
SouthpawG26

There are so many areas with large amounts of free play on the Glock's design that just improving the barrel to slide lock up, isnt going to make night and day difference in accuracy, in my experience.

Which is not to say that stock Glocks arent accurate.

With enough practice, sub 3" groups at 25yards can be shot all day, and thats with the subcompacts.

Last edited by SouthpawG26; 07-02-2012 at 09:07..
SouthpawG26 is offline   Reply With Quote