Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-20-2012, 23:06   #201
Newcop761
CLM Number 145
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
I'm sure Mike is fine. My prayers are for his wife and little ones.
RIP Mike. Prayers for his family, and for you Russ. I'm sorry for your loss.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-21-2012, 00:20   #202
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Russ, you're a good man for showing your friendship and respect for him with the family!
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:26   #203
sdsnet
CLM Number 43
NRA Member

Prayers en route and will continue.
Ham Shack Club # 1995
Walther Club # 1995

-My username has nothing to do with Students for Democratic Society-
sdsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:01   #204
RussP

I guess I was more tired than I thought last night.

This Holiday season is going to be rough for all, naturally. Family and friends will be there trying to fill the void.

We have a tradition in our family during these family gathering times. In our prayer before the meal, we include members of our Military, First Responders all, Police, Fire and EMS, with special mention of family members and friends. Don't know if y'all do something similar, but this year, if you do, mention Mike.

Thanks...again.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 19:46   #205
windancr

Russ, I am so sorry for your loss. And for the loss his family is suffering.
Prayers for all.

Alex
windancr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 15:25   #206
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

My God, he was WAY too young...

Russ, thank you and your family for being there for him, and his...
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:01   #207
lens

RIP Mike!

My condolences and prayers go out to Mike's Family, friends and co-workers!
Old 11-26-2012, 16:57   #208
RF7126
Mall Ninja

Send a message via AIM to RF7126 Send a message via Yahoo to RF7126

I am very sorry to hear that RussP, prayers sent here as well.
RF7126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:19   #209
RussP

Okay, heading out in a bit to spend time with more of Mike's family, the ones from out of town.

Once more, thank you your prayers, your support. Don't know how I would have handled this without your posts, PMs, and emails.

Tomorrow will be long...

Russ

Old 11-28-2012, 00:29   #210
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:51   #211
RussP

Last night a father said, "This isn't right."

Last night a mother said, "Mike's in a better place."

Last night a wife said, "He'll never get to do what he wanted so badly, to be a great father and raise his two boys."

Last night a commanding officer, his eyes tearing, said, "Mike, he was a really good Cop."

About 20 minutes before visitation began, patrol cars arrived to line the road in front of the funeral home. Their lights, alternating blue and red, reflected off the building's front windows. I saw them when I went into the lobby...yeah, I lost it...

Ten minutes before the chapel doors opened, officers entered to begin Casket Watch. With the slow salute, I lost it, again...

For just over 2 hours, a steady stream of friends came through the chapel to pay their respects and console the family. By my estimate, over 400 came through.

For a while I sat where I could listen to comments made to Mike's wife. It was amazing how many of the young and not so you officers came and said, "Mike was my FTO." One said Mike was the reason he was a police officer. "I was ready to quit. I couldn't seem to get anything right. Mike was my second FTO. He made me a cop. He wouldn't give up. He taught me to have confidence in myself, my abilities."

That was Michael, the consummate teacher.

I told the family about the prayer count here. They are very grateful and ask that you continue as they, we, enter the next phase, without a son, without a brother, without a husband, without a father...

Time to leave for the funeral...

Old 11-28-2012, 10:36   #212
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Last night a father said, "This isn't right."

Last night a mother said, "Mike's in a better place."

Last night a wife said, "He'll never get to do what he wanted so badly, to be a great father and raise his two boys."

Last night a commanding officer, his eyes tearing, said, "Mike, he was a really good Cop."

About 20 minutes before visitation began, patrol cars arrived to line the road in front of the funeral home. Their lights, alternating blue and red, reflected off the building's front windows. I saw them when I went into the lobby...yeah, I lost it...

Ten minutes before the chapel doors opened, officers entered to begin Casket Watch. With the slow salute, I lost it, again...

For just over 2 hours, a steady stream of friends came through the chapel to pay their respects and console the family. By my estimate, over 400 came through.

For a while I sat where I could listen to comments made to Mike's wife. It was amazing how many of the young and not so you officers came and said, "Mike was my FTO." One said Mike was the reason he was a police officer. "I was ready to quit. I couldn't seem to get anything right. Mike was my second FTO. He made me a cop. He wouldn't give up. He taught me to have confidence in myself, my abilities."

That was Michael, the consummate teacher.

I told the family about the prayer count here. They are very grateful and ask that you continue as they, we, enter the next phase, without a son, without a brother, without a husband, without a father...

Time to leave for the funeral...
You've got it, Russ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 14:09   #213
Gombey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
You've got it, Russ.
Count me among those still praying.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Gombey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 15:41   #214
JC2317

Especially today, we take a moment and pray for Michael, his family, and his friends. God Bless them and watch over them.
Old 11-28-2012, 18:57   #215
RussP

Today, there was a celebration. There was sorrow. There were tears. Today, a mother, a father, brothers, a wife, two sons, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews, Brothers and Sisters of Law Enforcement, and friends, all said, "Until we meet again Michael."

It was a good time. Before the service I approached a few of the officers Mike trained. He'd pointed them out to me and described what he liked about them. Today, I walked up to them, introduced myself, and told them the story Mike told me about them. I told them how proud Mike was to have put them on the street all by themselves.

Then there was the one he trained who went on to be a State Trooper. I walked up to him and said, "I know who you are." He said, "How's that?" I told him of Mike's conversation with me about the officer that went through his FTO regime with a few hiccups. The officer that Mike said to me would be a good cop real soon. BUT, he went State. Again, his response was less than convinced. Then I told him of a situation with Mike that only the two of them knew about - well, and me.

He reached out his hand, said, "Thank you sir."

Now, about this LE Family thing...I really thought I knew about it. Really...

In the last few, very important weeks, that Family has supported me and my wife. Y'all here are a huge part of that. Your prayers, your messages, are what we gave Thanks for last week.

Today, I fulfilled a promise to Michael. "I'll have your back until...

Today, I stood with Mrs RussP, as they closed the ground over his physical body, knowing he was watching, plotting some 'gottcha' when we meet again.

Thank you all...

Please continue your prayers as his family begin their lives without him...

Last edited by RussP; 11-29-2012 at 06:44..
Old 11-29-2012, 21:34   #216
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Today, there was a celebration. There was sorrow. There were tears. Today, a mother, a father, brothers, a wife, two sons, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews, Brothers and Sisters of Law Enforcement, and friends, all said, "Until we meet again Michael."

It was a good time. Before the service I approached a few of the officers Mike trained. He'd pointed them out to me and described what he liked about them. Today, I walked up to them, introduced myself, and told them the story Mike told me about them. I told them how proud Mike was to have put them on the street all by themselves.

Then there was the one he trained who went on to be a State Trooper. I walked up to him and said, "I know who you are." He said, "How's that?" I told him of Mike's conversation with me about the officer that went through his FTO regime with a few hiccups. The officer that Mike said to me would be a good cop real soon. BUT, he went State. Again, his response was less than convinced. Then I told him of a situation with Mike that only the two of them knew about - well, and me.

He reached out his hand, said, "Thank you sir."

Now, about this LE Family thing...I really thought I knew about it. Really...

In the last few, very important weeks, that Family has supported me and my wife. Y'all here are a huge part of that. Your prayers, your messages, are what we gave Thanks for last week.

Today, I fulfilled a promise to Michael. "I'll have your back until...

Today, I stood with Mrs RussP, as they closed the ground over his physical body, knowing he was watching, plotting some 'gottcha' when we meet again.

Thank you all...

Please continue your prayers as his family begin their lives without him...
All copy. And, yes will pray for them.

Sent from my communicator.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:20   #217
RussP

On November 28, the day of Mike's funeral, the Commonwealth flew our State Flag over the Capitol in Richmond to honor Mike for his service to the Commonwealth. The flag has been presented to Leigh Anne and the boys.

I've ordered a case to hold Mike's flag. The case will be symbolic of Mrs. RussP and me with our arms around him, like the day in May, 2009 when we did.

Thank you for the continuing prayers...

Old 12-03-2012, 12:54   #218
Berto
woo woo

I'm sorry for your loss, RussP.
It's apparent he had the finest of friends at his side.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 00:14   #219
sdsnet
CLM Number 43
NRA Member

Prayers sent for all involved.
Ham Shack Club # 1995
Walther Club # 1995

-My username has nothing to do with Students for Democratic Society-
sdsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 15:28   #220
mikegun

RUSS, i have been away for a while and just read your post re MIKE, i am very sorry he passed, i will say i prayed for his each night since your inital post, some thime the big boss upstairs has other plans for us.....MIKE
Old 12-16-2012, 07:50   #221
RussP

Thanks to all, again...

A couple days after the funeral, Leigh Anne took the boys on a trip to Hawaii. A new adventure to begin a new phase of their lives. Mike would never have gone there.

See, Mike wouldn't fly commercial. He loved flying. He even applied for the CCPD Aviation Program. He wouldn't fly commercial because they wouldn't let him carry on board the plane.

They had a great time in the islands. First day, it was a helicopter ride over volcano and waterfalls. They went to Mauna Loa at dusk to watch the volcano. The hotel upgraded them to an ocean view room. She took a photo of that view at night and posted this with it.
Quote:
We were upgraded to an ocean view in Honolulu -beautiful sunset tonight. I hope to teach the boys no matter what life hands you, you must still be able to find the beauty in this world. My own father taught me this on his death bed. This lesson will be the key to our survival - because right now, our life is pretty ugly.
I knew her Dad, too. Retired CIA and some other jobs post retirement we can't talk about. He had indeed seen the ugly in this world, but, he knew the beauty - his wife, his daughters, his grandchildren, his friends.

They also went to Pearl Harbor on December 7. Mike was a huge WWII 'scholar'. His uncle flew in the war.

I'll close this post with something else Leigh Anne wrote the day after the funeral.
Quote:
Who meets the love of his/her life like that? Always thought I was so independent and didn't need a man but when I met Mike, that all went out the window. I was truly a lucky woman. Mike and I always saw each other as equal partners. We sacraficed our marriage so we could be home raising the boys. Many nights I sat home alone, missing him. But we always thought we have our time together when the boys got older. Didn't know we'd run out the clock so quickly. But, looking back, it was better he spent his time with the boys than me. You know our kids are amazing. Yesterday, they sat for over an hour and a half during a difficult time yet, they behaved. Mike laid that foundation. He was an excellent father in that he always put their needs first and loved them for who they are and not who he wanted them to be.
As you pray and voice good thoughts for all those in Connecticut, please remember Leigh Anne and the boys.

Old 12-20-2012, 00:47   #222
SwatDawg15

I, too have been away from the forum for a while.. Im sorry its late, but I will be praying for his family, Department, and you. The good always go first it seems.

RIP Mike
SwatDawg15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:01   #223
RussP

Thanks to the Chesterfield PD, the church pre-school and community friends, the boys and Leigh Anne had presents to open this morning. The photo of the tree shows only a portion of them.

Leigh Anne captioned the gingerbread house photo with, "Mark is truly Mike's son. Don't know if you noticed, but those are "cannons that shoot Zombies" around the door of his Gingerbread House."

The most important thing this Christmas can't be captured in an image - the comfort and support they receive from all your prayers, good thoughts and well wishes.

They send their prayers for all who are supporting them and wish you, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"
Attached Thumbnails
Cop Talk - Click for larger version   Cop Talk - Click for larger version  

Old 12-26-2012, 12:35   #224
CarloTwoGuns

Rest In Peace Brother.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:55   #225
RussP

An article written by Mike's cousin...

Cousin's wit, nature touched us all