Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-08-2012, 13:40   #1
Rustin

Help! Liscence suspension.

Hey guys. I need some help I got a notice in the mail saying that out of the DMV database, I was randomly selected to provide proof of insurance. Problem is, my vehicle was inoperable (still is) yet I have no real way to prove it. I typically abide by all laws but I did not think my vehicle needed to be insured if it was not in use. Long story short, they want proof that the vehicle was inoperable or, and this is where it gets confusing, they want a copy of my county ordinance that specifically states that my vehicle is required to have plates on it(I think...). If any one out there can inform me on what this is and moreover, how to find this information, I will be forever indebted to your graciousness.

If all else fails I am required to file for sr 22 insurance. Does anyone know how devastating this is and if it will affect my CCW status?

I live i -Franklin- county, coulumbus ohio.

Thanks all. You guys are the best. (fingers crossed)

Last edited by Rustin; 10-08-2012 at 13:49..
Rustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 13:50   #2
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

In most places you are required to surrender your tag to the local DMV if you don't have insurance on the vehicle.

The reason they want proof that your county requires the vehicle to have a tag even if it is disabled is otherwise you had to surrender the tag if you didn't keep insurance on it.

more than likely you are going to have to pay the fine to have your license reinstated.
Old 10-08-2012, 14:03   #3
gigab1te

Here in AZ, the MVD has a form you have to fill out swearing the vehicle was not operated on the road during the time frame it was uninsured. I don't know what your state requires, but they may have the same thing.
gigab1te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 14:16   #4
Adjuster

Here in Florida if your vehicle has a legal registration and tag then it must have insurance. Does not matter if it is operable or not or if you drive it or not. If you don't have insurance then you must forfeit your tag.

/
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote