SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-02-2014, 16:26   #1
mr00jimbo

Need help locating Remington 870 part...aippi or anyone

Hey all,

Purchased an 870 police magnum 18" bling bling edition, with the glossy blue finish and the chromed bolt. I want a 2 shot extension for it, and i want it match the finish. Does Remington make one? If so does anybody have the part number? Some say blued but they look more matte than glossy in the pictures.

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2014, 16:43   #2
Buffering
The Cooler

From the Remington Country Store, it looks like you want part F30991 which is the blue 2 shot extension and from their pic, it looks more blue than parkerized or matte.
"Of every 100 men that go to battle 70 should not even be there, 20 are nothing but targets, 9 are true soldiers, and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make but ONE, one is a warrior, and HE will bring the others home." Hericlitus
Buffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 21:57   #3
aippi

That is only the part number for the tube. F32368 is the complete kit. The country store is not where you get this. You call Remington at 800-243-9700, follow the prompts to parts and order by that parts number.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
aippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:22   #4
mr00jimbo

Thank you!
I can't find that part number locally. All I can find is Remington 19419...it says blued but looks matte?
Old 09-05-2014, 21:46   #5
aippi

You were told how to get the exact item you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
Old 09-06-2014, 01:44   #6
mr00jimbo

I'm in Canada and was instructed to call a local distributor, none of whom have it. Getting parts across the border can be tricky due to import regulations and part controls, even mag extensions.

Last edited by mr00jimbo; 09-06-2014 at 01:45..
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:57   #7
aippi

Are you telling me Remington can not sell you the part or direct you to a Canadian Part Dealer who will?

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer

Last edited by aippi; 09-06-2014 at 07:58..
Old 09-06-2014, 08:47   #8
mr00jimbo

They told me to deal with their Canadian distributor, who does not seem to have a lot of parts, hence why I was asking about the 19419, since it's the closest thing I've found up here.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:40   #9
aippi

That is unfortunate. I can sell a part to Canada as long as it is less then $100 in value, which the blued 2 shot extension is. So it seems you can simply go to gun broker and buy it. They are there. However, only the tube is blued as the mag tube coupling and bracket are black oxide. They don't make those parts in blue.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
Old 09-06-2014, 22:11   #10
mr00jimbo

Aippi,

Thank-you for your help and input. Sadly, many US dealers and people on gun broker do not do international orders, due in part to the confusing nature of it. Midway USA does not ship to Canada whatsoever....Brownells and Numrich DO, but some things are quite randomly excluded.
I remember I inquired to Cajun Gun works for some hammer and trigger parts for my CZ pistol that were around 65 bucks and he said last time he shipped to Canada, some US agency gave him a hard time about it.

I will try Remington again on Monday to see if another operator will allow me to order direct.
The part # I find for the blued extension up here is this one:

http://www.remingtoncountrycanada.co...ess-steel.html

Sadly, nobody has the F32368 that I called. Is there a big difference between the two? Obviously I'm going to hunt for the F32368 that you recommended but as a backup...
I'm confused as to why Remington has two blued 2-shot extensions with different part #s.

All others are, unfortunately, parkerized or orderable with no known ETA, which means either the parts distributor is lazy, or the part can take a year or more.

Last edited by mr00jimbo; 09-06-2014 at 22:29..
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:06   #11
aippi

There are different numbers because some are parts kits sold from the parts list at Remington and some are packaged for retail sale and have a different number and are sold by retailers. The number on the link you posted is old and that kit is not offered any longer and would most likely have the pre "90's bracket. The price indicates it is the old kit and even though the picture shows a QD stud on the bracket, it will not have one and the stand off distance will be to long for modern barrels. Same crap kit being sold on internet sites and even some big sellers like Brownells.

These are not rare and I sell plenty of them in both 2 shot and 3 shot along with the 18.5" and 20" Wingmaster barrels.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer